Christopher Nolan net worth: Christopher Nolan is a British-American film director, screenwriter, and producer who has a net worth of $150 million dollars. Christopher Nolan has made a name for himself, writing and directing dark, mind-bending thrillers and dramas, including "Memento", "Inception", and the reworking of the "Batman" franchise starring Christian Bale. Born Christopher Jonathan James Nolan on July 30, 1970, in London, he was raised on both sides of the Atlantic by his English father and an American mother. At the age of 8 Nolan loved to experiment with his dad's Super 8 camera, but his film-making passion grew and as a student at University College London he was already shooting short movies. It was in 2000, when Nolan rose to international stardom with his art-house crossover Memento, a tricky psychological thriller based on a story penned by his brother, screenwriter Jonathan Nolan. From there, Nolan released one smash hit after another, each bigger and more profitable than the previous one. He is the man behind the 2002 remake of the Norwegian movie Insomnia (starring Al Pacino), and the 2006 adaptation of the British novel The Prestige. As well, Nolan went on to resurrect the Batman franchise in 2005 with Batman Begins, in which Christian Bale was starring in the main role. The following two Batman features, The Dark Knight (2008, the sequel that earned Heath Ledger a posthumous Oscar for Best Supporting Actor) and The Dark Knight (2012) has each had an apparent effect on audiences making everyone talk about what's next. A proven specialist in dark, psychological dramas, Nolan often felt free to alter the narrative sequence of the story and disrupt the chronology and linear plot points, as in Inception (2010, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen Page). One of the favorite filmmakers among movie-goers, his fans will have the chance to enjoy in one more Nolan's production, i.e, the new Superman movie, Man of Steel, slated for June 2013.
Christopher Nolan Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Christopher Nolan against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Screenwriter, Film Producer, Film director, Cinematographer, Editor, Film Editor
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)
Chris Nolan, Christopher Johnathan James Nolan, Chris, Christopher Jonathan James Nolan
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Ozzie Silna, One Of The Brothers Who Made $800 Million Off The Best Business Deal Of All Time, Dies At 83on Apr 28, 2016
An Inappropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL Drafton Apr 29, 2016
Prince Has Sold A Staggering Amount Of Music Since His Untimely Deathon Apr 29, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
Billionaire Roundup: Shenanigans, Bamboozling, And Other Problems Of The 1%on Apr 30, 2016
The Time A Professional Gambler Turned $50 Into $40 MILLION... And Eventually Ended Up Brokeon Apr 26, 2016
You Won't Believe Ludacris's Ridiculous Demands For A 13-Minute Performance!on Apr 26, 2016
Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna Could Rake In Over A Million For TV Wedding Specialon Apr 28, 2016
Millionaire Coal Baron Gets One-Year Prison Sentence for Mine Safety Conspiracyon Apr 30, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Original Handwritten "Laws of Base Ball" Sold For $3.26 Million At AuctionThe documents dating back to the 1800s and now known as the "Laws of Base Ball" are now an incredibly valuable historical object, having fetched $3.26 million at auction over the weekend.
- Tom Brady Restructured His Contract And It Will Save Him $2 Million During His SuspensionTom Brady is known for his excellent decision-making on the field. His latest move came during the off-season, and it'll save him big bucks.
- More NBA Teams Willing To Pay Top Dollar For The Head Coach They WantThe Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards have talented rosters, but have not been able to form a winning team with that talent for some time. However, by paying top dollar for their next head coaches, they hope to reverse that trend and start winning.
- Billionaire Didn't Notice For Years That Her $1M Picasso Painting Was StolenYou know you're seriously rich when a million-dollar painting can be stolen from your home, and it takes you many years to notice that it's gone.