Effective date: May 22, 2020
The Non-Legal Summary
CelebrityNetWorth is an open and easy to use platform; no user login is offered on our website and we don't set any first-party cookies, and we don't track users in any personally identifiable way.
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our website, if any, as well as the name of the website you'll visit when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/the proxy server you use to access the Internet, your Internet service provider's name, your web browser type, the type of mobile device, your computer operating system, and data about your browsing activity when using our website including what is searched for. We use this information to analyze trends among our users and to help improve our website. We do not use any personally identifiable information which could be attained by analysis of our log files, and our platform doesn't store any data or personally identifiable information about our users. Third-party advertisers may collect information on visitors to our site. More about our advertisers' data collection practices, privacy policies, and your rights with respect to advertiser data collection are provided in the "Advertising" and "Third-Party Privacy Policies" sections below.
Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. We publicly disclose personal information about the celebrities we profile, but do not otherwise disclose the personal information we collect.
- Service is the CelebrityNetWorth website.
- Personal Data
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
- Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
- Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit celebritynetworth.com. These advertising networks usually place cookies to develop a profile of your browsing interests and serve advertisements on other websites that are related to your interests. You will see less advertising if you disable these cookies. You can visit the Network Advertising Initiative for more information about this practice and your possibility to opt-out.
Our advertisers may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Retention of Data
CelebrityNetWorth will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
If our business is sold or merges in whole or in part with another business that would become responsible for providing CelebrityNetWorth to you, we retain the right to transfer any information to the new business. The new business would retain the right to use your information according to the terms of this privacy notice as well as to any changes to this privacy notice as instituted by the new business.
EU and UK Residents' Rights (GDPR)
European and UK residents, as outlined in the GDPR have the following rights:
– The right to be informed about personal data we collect and how we process it
– The right to access your personal data
– The right to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate
– The right to request removal of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process it
For additional rights and additional information on your rights, we encourage you to visit this guide to the GDRP.
California Consumers' Rights (CCPA)
California residents have the following rights:
– The right to request disclosure of the kinds of personal information and the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you. We will consider and verify your request in accordance with California regulations before disclosing any personal information.
– The right to request deletion of any personal information we collect about you. We will consider and verify your request in accordance with California regulations before deleting any personal information.
– The right to know how and when we disclose or sell your personal information.
– The right to exercise the above rights without facing retaliatory discrimination.
To request a disclosure or a deletion under the CCPA, please contact us at this address:
California Privacy Disclosures
The information below lists the categories of categories of personal information we have collected about consumers in the last year, and the categories of personal information we have disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the last year:
Category of Personal Information : What we collect : How we use it : How we disclose it
Identifiers (names, aliases, addresses, etc.) : The names and aliases of the celebrities we profile and The IP addresses of visitors : We use the names and aliases of the celebrities we profile in their profiles and We use visitor IP addresses to analyze trends among our users and to help improve our website : We publicly post celebrity information in their profiles and We do not disclose visitor IP addresses.
Other personal information as defined in Cal. Business and Professions Code § 1798.90 : The information in and concerning our publicly available celebrity profiles and We collect no personal information from our visitors except for that described elsewhere in this table : In our publicly available celebrity profiles, to analyze trends, and to improve our website : We publicly post celebrity information in their profiles, and celebrity trending information on our website.
Protected classification : Sometimes we collect this information about the celebrities we profile and We do not collect this information from/about our visitors : We may use this information in our celebrity profiles : We publicly post celebrity information in their profiles.
Commercial information : We do not collect this information
Biometric information: We often feature photographs of the celebrities we profile and We do not collect this information from/about our users : We may use this information in our celebrity profiles : We publicly post celebrity information in their profiles.
Network activity: From visitors, we collect, Internet service providers' names, web browser types, mobile device types, computer operating system information, data about browsing activity when using our website, search data on our website : We use this information to analyze trends among our users and to help improve our website : We do not disclose this information and Third-party advertisers on our site may collect similar information from visitors — please see the "Advertising" and "Third-Party Privacy Policies" sections of this page for more information.
Geolocation data: From visitors, we collect IP addresses : We use this information to analyze trends among our users and to help improve our website : We do not disclose this information.
Audio/electronic/visual/thermal/olfactory/ and similar information : We do not collect this information.
Professional or employment-related information : Sometimes we collect this information about the celebrities we profile and We do not collect this information from/about our visitors : We may use this information in our celebrity profiles : We publicly post celebrity information in their profiles.
Education information : Sometimes we collect this information about the celebrities we profile and We do not collect this information from/about our visitors : We may use this information in our celebrity profiles : We publicly post celebrity information in their profiles.
Inference-based consumer profiling : We do not collect this information.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
- Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as how often they visit our website, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic and to improve our website. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our website, not your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with any personally identifiable information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our website. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit Google's Privacy and Terms. You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting-out.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
- Google AdSense & DoubleClick Cookie
- You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
- You may opt out of the use of the Taboola cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the RevContent privacy page here.
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
- You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
- To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.