Floyd Mayweather net worth: Floyd Mayweather is a world renowned American boxing champion who has a net worth of $400 million. Floyd Mayweather was born on February 24, 1977 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. During his career, Floyd has won an unprecedented six boxing championships in five different weight classes: Super Featherweight, Lightweight, Junior Welterweight, Welterweight twice and Super Welterweight. His professional boxing record as of this writing is an astonishing 48 wins and 0 losses. Of the 48 wins, 26 were by knock out. Floyd is consistently the highest paid athlete in the world. Despite having very few endorsement deals, Floyd can easily earn $80 million – $150 million a year when he is fighting. Between June 2014 and June 2015, Floyd earned a mind-boggling $300 million.
Floyd's Career Earnings:
- Carlos Baldomir: November 4, 2006 – $8 million
- Oscar De La Hoya: May 5, 2007 – $25 million
- Ricky Hatton: December 8, 2007 – $25 million
- World Wrestling Entertainment Appearance: – $20 million
- Juan Manuel Márquez: September 19, 2009 – $25 million
- Sugar Shane Mosley: May 14th, 2010 – $30 million
- Victor Ortiz: September 17th, 2011 – $40 million
- Miguel Cotto: May 5, 2012 – $40 million
- Robert Guerrero: May 4, 2013 – $50 million
- Saul Alvarez: September 14, 2013 – $75 million
- Marcos Maidana: May 2, 2014 – $40 million
- Marcos Maidana: September 13, 2014 – $32 million
- Manny Pacquiao: May 2nd, 2015 – $250 million
- Andre Berto – September 12, 2015 – $35 million
- Floyd Mayweather's Total Career Earnings: $695 million
On March 13, 2009 Mayweather was scheduled to face the fiercest opponent of his career Manny Pacquiao. The bout was probably the most anticipated fight in a decade. At the time, pay per view revenues were expected to exceed $180 million. Of that $180 million, Floyd was to be guaranteed $25 million up front plus an additional $20-25 million on the backend. Unfortunately Mayweather and Pacquiao could not reach an agreement and the fight fizzled for many years. Floyd went on to defeat "Sugar" Shane Mosley on April 1st 2010, and Victor Ortiz in 2011. On May 5th, 2012, Mayweather defeated Miguel Cotto.
On May 4th, 2013, Floyd earned estimated $50 million ($32 million guaranteed) for beating Robert Guerrero. On September 14, 2013, Floyd earned $75 million ($41.5 million was guaranteed) when he faught Saul Alvarez. That set a record for the highest purse in boxing history. A record which will easily be beaten when Floyd finally faces off against Manny Pacquio on May 2nd, 2015.
Mayweather vs. Pacquiao finally took place on May 2nd 2015 in Las Vegas. It is expected to be the highest revenue-generating fight in boxing history. Floyd and Manny agreed to split all profits 60-40. As of this writing, Floyd is projected to earn as much as $200 million off the fight. The final numbers won't be known until the days and weeks after the fight is over when all the various income sources are tallied.