Tiger Woods Net Worth
Tiger Woods net worth and career earnings: Tiger Woods is an American professional golfer who has net worth of $800 million and an annual salary of $50-60 million. As of this writing, Tiger's career earnings top $1.5 billion since turning professional in 1996. That's the same as around $1.8 billion after adjusting for inflation. He is the highest-earning golfer of all time and was the highest earning celebrity on the planet for many years. The accolades he has earned are too numerous to list in their entirety but some highlights include: 15 professional major tournaments, 81 PGA Tour wins, 41 European tour wins and five Masters wins. He has been ranked #1 for more consecutive weeks than any other player. He has the lowest scoring average of all time. He has been crowned PGA Player of the year 11 times, Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the year twice, and AP Male Athlete of the year 4 times.
Tiger Woods Net Worth – How It Breaks Down:
Tiger's first revenue comes from winning tournaments and endorsing products . Since turning pro in 1996, Tiger has earned $118 million on the golf course (including $2.07 million he won at the 2019 Masters). That amounts to 7.6% of his total career earnings to date. As with similarly dominant athletes like Michael Jordan and Lebron James, the bulk of Tigers' fortune comes thanks to endorsements. Roughly 92.4% of his career earnings, around $1.4 billion, are from endorsing brands such as Nike, Gatorade, American Express, Asahi, General Mills (Wheaties), Golf Digest, Rolex, Gillette, Accenture, Tag Heuer, AT&T, EA Sports, NetJets, Upper Deck, TLC Laser Eye Centers and Buick.
Gatorade developed a custom branded drink for Woods called "Gatorade Tiger". The Gatorade deal alone was worth $100 million over 5 years. At one time Tiger Woods earned $20 million per year to endorse Gillette along with fellow super star athletes Roger Federer and Thierry Henry. Tiger commands $10 million to design golf courses all over the world and can earn as much as $1.5 million just to show up to a golf tournament.
In his first professional year, at the age of 21, Tiger signed deals with Nike and Titleist worth $40 million and $20 million respectively.
Real Estate and Other Assets:
- Tiger owns a $25 million yacht that he named "Privacy". He sometimes sleeps on the yacht during tournaments that are near water.
- His PGA tour Pension plan is worth at least $20 million.
- He owns a $54 million Gulfstream G550 private jet. The only time Tiger has flown commercially in the last 15 years was in January 2017 when he was traveling from Los Angeles to Dubai.
- He owns a 12-acre ocean-front property in Jupiter, Florida that is worth at least $55 million
- In the wake of the 2009 financial crisis and his career slowdown, Tiger launched a course design business. He has designed courses around the world with plenty of work on his plate.
- In 2019 Tiger won a $9 million head-to-head match against Phil Mickelson.
Tiger Woods Career Earnings Year By Year:
2016: $34.61 million total ($35.5 million from endorsements)
2017: $43.3 million total ($42 million from endorsements)
2018: $36.1 million total ($35.5 million from endorsements)
2019: $15 million (so far – includes $2.07 million from 2019 Masters win and his $9 million winner-take-all PPV event against Phil Mickelson)
Tiger Woods' total career earnings as of 2019 are $1,548,232,473
Marriage To And Divorce Settlement With Elin Nordegren:
Tiger Woods married Elin Nordegren in 2004. Woods and Nordegren's first child, a daughter named Sam Alexis Woods, was born in 2007, and their son, Charlie Axel Woods, was born in 2009. An infidelity scandal involving Tiger rocked the couple in 2009 and eventually led to the end of their marriage. With the controversy surrounding Tiger' divorce from Elin Nordegren, his game and his relationships with sponsors has suffered, costing him millions in potential earnings. He also paid Elin $100 million worth of assets including cash and real estate.
Tiger Woods Net Worth Milestones:
1995: $10,000 (before turning pro)
1996: $7 million
1999: $20 million
2001: $50 million
2003: $100 million
2005: $250 million
2009: $500 million (career earnings surpass $1 billion)
2010 $400 million (divorce settlement finalized)
2016: $700 million
2019: $800 million
In 2009 when his net worth was $500 million, Tiger was the second-richest person of color in the United States behind Oprah Winfrey who was worth $2.5 billion at the time,
Date of Birth
Tiger Woods Earnings
- 3 prize money wins in the 2014 PGA season$108,275
- 1 prize money wins in the 2014 European Tour season$13,484
- 16 prize money wins in the 2013 PGA season$8,553,439
- 1 prize money wins in the 2013 European Tour season$373,837
- 16 prize money wins in the 2012 PGA season$6,133,159
- 1 prize money wins in the 2012 European Tour season$139,851
- 7 prize money wins in the 2011 PGA season$660,238
- 1 prize money wins in the 2011 European Tour season$25,533
- 10 prize money wins in the 2010 PGA season$1,294,766
- 1 prize money wins in the 2010 European Tour season$104,447
- 16 prize money wins in the 2009 PGA season$10,508,163
- 2 prize money wins in the 2009 European Tour season$411,779
- 6 prize money wins in the 2008 PGA season$5,775,000
- 1 prize money wins in the 2008 European Tour season$420,268
- 16 prize money wins in the 2007 PGA season$10,867,052
- 2 prize money wins in the 2007 European Tour season$704,522
- 13 prize money wins in the 2006 PGA season$9,941,563
- 3 prize money wins in the 2006 European Tour season$1,026,170
- 19 prize money wins in the 2005 PGA season$10,628,023
- 19 prize money wins in the 2004 PGA season$5,365,472
- 1 prize money wins in the 2004 European Tour season$65,801
- 18 prize money wins in the 2003 PGA season$6,673,413
- 1 prize money wins in the 2003 European Tour season$26,891
- 18 prize money wins in the 2002 PGA season$6,912,625
- 1 prize money wins in the 2002 European Tour season$414,855
- 19 prize money wins in the 2001 PGA season$5,687,779
- 3 prize money wins in the 2001 European Tour season$729,506
- 21 prize money wins in the 2000 PGA season$10,188,321
- 2 prize money wins in the 2000 European Tour season$170,555
- 21 prize money wins in the 1999 PGA season$6,616,585
- 1 prize money wins in the 1999 European Tour season$296,800
- 19 prize money wins in the 1998 PGA season$1,841,117
- 20 prize money wins in the 1997 PGA season$2,066,834
- 8 prize money wins in the 1996 PGA season$790,594