Eddie Murphy net worth: Eddie Murphy is an American actor, comedian, producer, and director who has a net worth of $85 million. Eddie Murphy is on of the highest grossing actors in film history. As of this writing, his movies have grossed nearly $6.7 billion at the worldwide box office. Murphy was born and raised in Brooklyn, and began writing stand-up routines, heavily influenced by Bill Cosby and Richard Pryor, while he was still a teenager. His career began with stand-up comedy, then in 1980, he joined the cast of Saturday Night Live. He remained there until 1984, eventually becoming one of the only cast members ever to also host the show. In 1982, while still on SNL, Eddie made his big-screen debut in 48 Hrs. He followed up with Trading Places, the Beverly Hills Cop films, Coming to America, Harlem Nights, and Another 48 Hrs. Murphy's box-office draw dropped slightly in the 1990s but was revived with a series of family-friendly movies, notably Mulan, Shrek, and the Nutty Professor movies. In 2006, Murphy was nominated for an Academy Award and won a Golden Globe for his role in Dreamgirls. He has also produced a number of his own films, including Vampire in Brooklyn, Life, and Harlem Nights, which he also directed. Murphy married longtime girlfriend Nicole Mitchell in 1993, but the two divorced in 2006. Eddie reportedly paid Nicole a $15 million divorce settlement. It was recently announced that Murphy will be returning to the Beverly Hills Cop films, this time starring in Beverly Hills Cop 4, scheduled to be released in 2016.
Eddie Murphy Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Apr 3, 1961
Actor, Singer, Musician, Television producer, Screenwriter, Voice Actor, Film Producer, Film director, Stand-up comedian, Comedian
United States of America
5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
Murph, Fred Braughton, エディ・マーフィー, Edward 'Eddie' Regan Murphy, Edward Regan "Eddie" Murphy, Edward Regan Murphy, Ed Murphy, Ed
The 15 Highest Paid Authors In The World Right Nowon Jul 27, 2015
Bobbi Kristina Brown Has Died. R.I.P. What Happens To Her Money Now?on Jul 27, 2015
15 Years Ago Hulk Hogan Made One Stupid Decision That Wound Up Costing Him $200 Millionon Jul 24, 2015
Jay Z Invests In App That Aims To Be The Uber For Private Jetson Jul 27, 2015
Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos Sees His Net Worth Jump $8 Billion In Less Than 1 Hour...on Jul 26, 2015
The Time Donald Trump Sued a Journalist For $5 Billionon Jul 27, 2015
Under Armour Is Suddenly The Hottest Sportswear Company Around And It's Making Founder Kevin Plank A FORTUNEon Jul 27, 2015
He Made Enough Money To Retire At 27, So Why Did Jon Carder Go Back To Work Three Weeks Later?on Jul 26, 2015
Weekend Box Office Review For July 24-26thon Jul 27, 2015
Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 9th Richest Person In The Worldon Jul 22, 2015
Eddie Murphy Earnings
Click to Expand
- Tower Heist$7,500,000
- Shrek Forever After$4,000,000Back end bonus
- Shrek 2$10,000,000
- The Adventures of Pluto Nash$20,000,000
- Dr. Dolittle 2$20,000,000
- Nutty Professor II: The Klumps$20,000,000and 20% of the gross
- Doctor Dolittle$17,500,000
- The Nutty Professor$16,000,000
- Beverly Hills Cop III$15,000,000
- Coming to America$8,000,000
- Beverly Hills Cop II$8,000,000
- Beverly Hills Cop$14,000,000
- Best Defense$1,000,000
- Saturday Night Live$4,500/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- NFL's Big Contracts Could Very Well Lead To Big Disappointment, In The EndThree of the NFL's finest got the paydays they were hoping for and quite possibly set the stage for the next group of superstars to get their payday as well.
- This Extremely Rare Bentley Was Inspired By A JetThe 2016 Bentley Continental GT Speed Breitling Jet Team Series Limited Edition was inspired by a jet and is limited to just seven cars.
- "Über Spends Millions On Attack Ads After NYC Mayor Announces Cap On Drivers... Can It Work?!"Kings of the car-share world, Über has unleashed a publicity war on NYC Mayor de Blasio after he threatened to put a cap on new drivers.
- David Beckham Moves One Step Closer To Bringing Professional Soccer To MiamiIt looks like the Miami Marlins are going to be getting a new neighbor. The home of a future Major League Soccer team is going to be built alongside Marlins stadium.