Eddie Murphy net worth: Eddie Murphy is an American actor, comedian, producer, and director who has a net worth of $85 million. Eddie Murphy is on of the highest grossing actors in film history. As of this writing, his movies have grossed nearly $6.7 billion at the worldwide box office. Murphy was born and raised in Brooklyn, and began writing stand-up routines, heavily influenced by Bill Cosby and Richard Pryor, while he was still a teenager. His career began with stand-up comedy, then in 1980, he joined the cast of Saturday Night Live. He remained there until 1984, eventually becoming one of the only cast members ever to also host the show. In 1982, while still on SNL, Eddie made his big-screen debut in 48 Hrs. He followed up with Trading Places, the Beverly Hills Cop films, Coming to America, Harlem Nights, and Another 48 Hrs. Murphy's box-office draw dropped slightly in the 1990s but was revived with a series of family-friendly movies, notably Mulan, Shrek, and the Nutty Professor movies. In 2006, Murphy was nominated for an Academy Award and won a Golden Globe for his role in Dreamgirls. He has also produced a number of his own films, including Vampire in Brooklyn, Life, and Harlem Nights, which he also directed. Murphy married longtime girlfriend Nicole Mitchell in 1993, but the two divorced in 2006. Eddie reportedly paid Nicole a $15 million divorce settlement. It was recently announced that Murphy will be returning to the Beverly Hills Cop films, this time starring in Beverly Hills Cop 4, scheduled to be released in 2016.
Eddie Murphy Net Worth
Date of Birth
Apr 3, 1961 (54 years old)
Actor, Singer, Musician, Television producer, Screenwriter, Voice Actor, Film Producer, Film director, Stand-up comedian, Comedian
United States of America
5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
Murph, Fred Braughton, エディ・マーフィー, Edward 'Eddie' Regan Murphy, Edward Regan "Eddie" Murphy, Edward Regan Murphy, Ed Murphy, Ed
For A Guy Who Is "Bankrupt," 50 Cent Sure Keeps A Lot Of Cash Lying Around The House...on Nov 30, 2015
How Much Would You Pay To Have Unlimited Flights Around The World Forever?on Dec 1, 2015
10 People Just Paid An Insane Amount Of Money For A Pair Of Eminem's Latest Nike Air Jordanson Dec 1, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
5-Hour Energy Drink Billionaire Is Using His Billions And His Brains To Save The World In A Few Very Unique Wayson Dec 1, 2015
Competency Of Viacom Billionaire Called Into Question In Epic And Salacious Courtroom Showdownon Dec 1, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'on Nov 28, 2015
After Gathering Dust In A Barn For 40 Years, A Classic Bentley Owned By James Bond Writer Ian Fleming Is Now For Saleon Dec 1, 2015
How Armstrong Williams Became A Media Mogul And The Largest Black TV Channel Owner In The USon Nov 30, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Eddie Murphy Earnings
Click to Expand
- Tower Heist$7,500,000
- Shrek Forever After$4,000,000Back end bonus
- Shrek 2$10,000,000
- The Adventures of Pluto Nash$20,000,000
- Dr. Dolittle 2$20,000,000
- Nutty Professor II: The Klumps$20,000,000and 20% of the gross
- Doctor Dolittle$17,500,000
- The Nutty Professor$16,000,000
- Beverly Hills Cop III$15,000,000
- Coming to America$8,000,000
- Beverly Hills Cop II$8,000,000
- Beverly Hills Cop$14,000,000
- Best Defense$1,000,000
- Saturday Night Live$4,500/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- The First Lamborghini Model Ever Made Is Now Selling For $1 MillionLamborghini has become one of the best known brands in luxury cars, but the company started off slowly before making some of the fastest cars available.
- A Brazilian Senator And A Billionaire CEO Were Just Arrested On Corruption ChargesIt's not a great time to be getting kickbacks in Brazil, and it's not a great time to be the one making the kickbacks, either.
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire Chuck Feeney Donates $177 Million To Dementia ResearchBillionaire Chuck Feeney has made a career out of being a pretty amazing human being. His "Giving While Living" philosophy has led him to give away 99% of his once $7.5 billion fortune so far. Now, Feeney has made another astoundingly large donation...
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Joins The Giving PledgePrince Alwaleed bin Talal has a net worth of $32 billion and he wants to spend it all to save and unify the world. He has joined The Giving Pledge to do so...