Eddie Murphy net worth: Eddie Murphy is an American actor, comedian, producer, and director who has a net worth of $85 million. Eddie Murphy is on of the highest grossing actors in film history. As of this writing, his movies have grossed nearly $6.7 billion at the worldwide box office. Murphy was born and raised in Brooklyn, and began writing stand-up routines, heavily influenced by Bill Cosby and Richard Pryor, while he was still a teenager. His career began with stand-up comedy, then in 1980, he joined the cast of Saturday Night Live. He remained there until 1984, eventually becoming one of the only cast members ever to also host the show. In 1982, while still on SNL, Eddie made his big-screen debut in 48 Hrs. He followed up with Trading Places, the Beverly Hills Cop films, Coming to America, Harlem Nights, and Another 48 Hrs. Murphy's box-office draw dropped slightly in the 1990s but was revived with a series of family-friendly movies, notably Mulan, Shrek, and the Nutty Professor movies. In 2006, Murphy was nominated for an Academy Award and won a Golden Globe for his role in Dreamgirls. He has also produced a number of his own films, including Vampire in Brooklyn, Life, and Harlem Nights, which he also directed. Murphy married longtime girlfriend Nicole Mitchell in 1993, but the two divorced in 2006. Eddie reportedly paid Nicole a $15 million divorce settlement. It was recently announced that Murphy will be returning to the Beverly Hills Cop films, this time starring in Beverly Hills Cop 4, scheduled to be released in 2016.
Eddie Murphy Net Worth
Date of Birth
Apr 3, 1961 (55 years old)
Actor, Singer, Musician, Television producer, Screenwriter, Voice Actor, Film Producer, Film director, Stand-up comedian, Comedian
United States of America
5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
Murph, Fred Braughton, エディ・マーフィー, Edward 'Eddie' Regan Murphy, Edward Regan "Eddie" Murphy, Edward Regan Murphy, Ed Murphy, Ed
Kanye West Just Signed A Deal With Adidas That Could Make Him A BILLIONAIREon Jun 30, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
The World's Third-Youngest Billionaire Is Rich Thanks To Fish Farmingon Jun 30, 2016
Drake Is Worth An Estimated $3 Billion To His Hometown Of Torontoon Jun 30, 2016
Paul Allen Unveils Stratolaunch, The World's Largest Airplaneon Jun 30, 2016
This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive Listingon Jun 29, 2016
From Broke To A $180M Business: The Story Behind Daniel Wellingtonon Jun 30, 2016
LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The Cavson Jun 29, 2016
Eddie Murphy Earnings
Click to Expand
- Tower Heist$7,500,000
- Shrek Forever After$4,000,000Back end bonus
- Shrek 2$10,000,000
- The Adventures of Pluto Nash$20,000,000
- Dr. Dolittle 2$20,000,000
- Nutty Professor II: The Klumps$20,000,000and 20% of the gross
- Doctor Dolittle$17,500,000
- The Nutty Professor$16,000,000
- Beverly Hills Cop III$15,000,000
- Coming to America$8,000,000
- Beverly Hills Cop II$8,000,000
- Beverly Hills Cop$14,000,000
- Best Defense$1,000,000
- Saturday Night Live$4,500/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...July 1st is not just the first day of a new month, it's also Bobby Bonilla day! That's the day when the NY Mets direct deposit $1.2 million to the account of a 53-year-old man who has been retired for over a decade...
- Brexit Causes Economic Upheaval: World's Richest People To Lose BillionsBrexit has seriously shaken the world markets... and has caused the world's richest people to lose billions in the process.
- Jose Reyes Is Getting A Ton Of Money Just For Being Released By The RockiesAfter a domestic abuse case was brought against him, the Colorado Rockies tried to trade infielder Jose Reyes. They couldn't find any takers, though, and now they owe him a ton of money.
- 2 Million Pound Wimbledon Prize Now Worth Significantly Less After Brexit VoteThanks to the Brexit vote and the resultant plunge of the British pound, that two million pound top prize for winning Wimbledon ain't what it used to be.