Lou Diamond Phillips Net Worth: Lou Diamond Phillips is an American actor and director who has a net worth of $5 million. Louis Diamond Upchurch (aka Lou Diamond Phillips) was born February 17, 1962 in Subic Bay Naval Station, Philippines. His breakthrough was landing a role as Ritchie Valens in the film La Bamba. He went on to garner a supporting actor Golden Globe Award nomination for his role in Stand and Deliver and a Tony Award nomination for his role in The King and I. Other notable films in which Phillips has starred include Courage Under Fire, Che and Love Takes Wing. Passing up the opportunity to go to Yale University, Phillips instead chose to attend the local University of Texas at Arlington where he got his Bachelor's in Fine Arts degree in drama. He was active in drama club productions and a local comedy troupe. Eager to break out of the small town drama scene, Phillips capitalized on whatever opportunities came his way, including going to great lengths to meet his idols (like Robert DeNiro) when they passed through nearby Dallas. After a three-year winning streak, the Texas actor fell upon tougher times at the box office in the early '90s. He starred in a series of mediocre films like Harley (1991), Shadow of the Wolf (1992) and Sioux City (1994). Phillips then returned to box office success with his supporting role in Courage Under Fire (1996), which starred Denzel Washington and Meg Ryan. In 1995, Phillips went back to his roots on stage and debuted as the King in the 1996 Broadway production of The King and I. Phillips made the crossover to television in 2001 when he joined his old friend Kiefer Sutherland to guest star in two episodes of Sutherland's popular TV action drama, 24. Lou Diamond Phillips is also a skilled poker player and even won $30,000 in the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas.
Lou Diamond Phillips Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Lou Diamond Phillips against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Lou Diamond Phillips
Date of Birth
Feb 17, 1962 (53 years old)
Actor, Television Director, Film director, Songwriter, Screenwriter
United States of America
6 ft (1.85 m)
Louis Upchurch, Lou Diamond Upchurch, Lou Diamond, Star Keeper
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever Madeon Feb 10, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And Allon Feb 9, 2016
The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone Elseon Feb 8, 2016
DJ Calvin Harris Putting Sweet Hollywood Hills Home On Market For $9.995 Millionon Feb 10, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Saudi Royal Family Gave The Malaysian Prime Minister $700 Million Cash... Just For Funsies!A corruption probe by the Malaysian attorney general found that a transfer of funds from the Saudi Arabian royal family to Razak's bank account in the amount of almost $700 million was just a "gift."
- These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!Being rich and famous doesn't always mean an automatic get out of jail free card. In fact, these four celebrities lost huge lawsuits and are paying the price.
- Elon Musk Has Lost $3.3 Billion In The Last Few MonthsElon Musk's space rockets aren't the only things crashing and burning. Musk lost $3.3 billion in the past year, as stock in solar panel installer SolarCity and high-end electric car maker Tesla plummet.
- Website Reveals Interesting Trends Among The World's BillionairesA new interactive comparison tool maps out all kinds of traits shared by the billionaires of the world.