Lou Diamond Phillips Net Worth: Lou Diamond Phillips is an American actor and director who has a net worth of $5 million. Louis Diamond Upchurch (aka Lou Diamond Phillips) was born February 17, 1962 in Subic Bay Naval Station, Philippines. His breakthrough was landing a role as Ritchie Valens in the film La Bamba. He went on to garner a supporting actor Golden Globe Award nomination for his role in Stand and Deliver and a Tony Award nomination for his role in The King and I. Other notable films in which Phillips has starred include Courage Under Fire, Che and Love Takes Wing. Passing up the opportunity to go to Yale University, Phillips instead chose to attend the local University of Texas at Arlington where he got his Bachelor's in Fine Arts degree in drama. He was active in drama club productions and a local comedy troupe. Eager to break out of the small town drama scene, Phillips capitalized on whatever opportunities came his way, including going to great lengths to meet his idols (like Robert DeNiro) when they passed through nearby Dallas. After a three-year winning streak, the Texas actor fell upon tougher times at the box office in the early '90s. He starred in a series of mediocre films like Harley (1991), Shadow of the Wolf (1992) and Sioux City (1994). Phillips then returned to box office success with his supporting role in Courage Under Fire (1996), which starred Denzel Washington and Meg Ryan. In 1995, Phillips went back to his roots on stage and debuted as the King in the 1996 Broadway production of The King and I. Phillips made the crossover to television in 2001 when he joined his old friend Kiefer Sutherland to guest star in two episodes of Sutherland's popular TV action drama, 24. Lou Diamond Phillips is also a skilled poker player and even won $30,000 in the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas.
Lou Diamond Phillips Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Lou Diamond Phillips against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Lou Diamond Phillips
Date of Birth
Feb 17, 1962 (54 years old)
Actor, Television Director, Film director, Songwriter, Screenwriter
United States of America
6 ft (1.85 m)
Louis Upchurch, Lou Diamond Upchurch, Lou Diamond, Star Keeper
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
"Clash of Clans" Sold For $8.6 Billion To Chinese Internet Firmon Jun 26, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Rock On! Led Zeppelin Found Innocent Of Plagiarism Chargeson Jun 26, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Tunisian Billionaire Disappears Before He Can Be Deported To Face Prison Time In Home Countryon Jun 26, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Folk Rocker David Crosby To Pay $3 Million To Jogger He Hit With CarCrosby was driving near his home in Santa Ynez Valley when he struck Jose Luquin, who was jogging on the side of the road with his son. He has agreed to pay $3.0 million in damages to settle the suit.
- Travis Boersma's Dutch Bros. Coffee Turns 'Bro-istas' Into FranchiseesWhat makes Dutch Bros. Coffee different from other coffee franchises? Founder Travis Boersma's deep commitment to his customers.
- Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling RingHollywood is possibly being targeted by another Bling Ring. Is it someone from the Kardashian's inner circle?
- Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National TeamLeo Messi showed why he's arguably the best player in the world against the U.S. Men's National Team. His wallet backs up that claim, too.