Lou Diamond Phillips Net Worth: Lou Diamond Phillips is an American actor and director who has a net worth of $5 million. Louis Diamond Upchurch (aka Lou Diamond Phillips) was born February 17, 1962 in Subic Bay Naval Station, Philippines. His breakthrough was landing a role as Ritchie Valens in the film La Bamba. He went on to garner a supporting actor Golden Globe Award nomination for his role in Stand and Deliver and a Tony Award nomination for his role in The King and I. Other notable films in which Phillips has starred include Courage Under Fire, Che and Love Takes Wing. Passing up the opportunity to go to Yale University, Phillips instead chose to attend the local University of Texas at Arlington where he got his Bachelor's in Fine Arts degree in drama. He was active in drama club productions and a local comedy troupe. Eager to break out of the small town drama scene, Phillips capitalized on whatever opportunities came his way, including going to great lengths to meet his idols (like Robert DeNiro) when they passed through nearby Dallas. After a three-year winning streak, the Texas actor fell upon tougher times at the box office in the early '90s. He starred in a series of mediocre films like Harley (1991), Shadow of the Wolf (1992) and Sioux City (1994). Phillips then returned to box office success with his supporting role in Courage Under Fire (1996), which starred Denzel Washington and Meg Ryan. In 1995, Phillips went back to his roots on stage and debuted as the King in the 1996 Broadway production of The King and I. Phillips made the crossover to television in 2001 when he joined his old friend Kiefer Sutherland to guest star in two episodes of Sutherland's popular TV action drama, 24. Lou Diamond Phillips is also a skilled poker player and even won $30,000 in the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas.
Lou Diamond Phillips Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Lou Diamond Phillips against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Lou Diamond Phillips
Date of Birth
Feb 17, 1962 (54 years old)
Actor, Television Director, Film director, Songwriter, Screenwriter
United States of America
6 ft (1.85 m)
Louis Upchurch, Lou Diamond Upchurch, Lou Diamond, Star Keeper
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
Florida Judge Upholds Hulk Hogan's $140 Million Gawker Judgmenton May 25, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
Shaquille O'Neal Makes Big Entrance Into The Auto Insurance Industryon May 25, 2016
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
How Long Does It Take To Make As Much As The Richest Person In Your Country?on May 25, 2016
Richard Gere Slashes $11M From Hamptons Home Asking Priceon May 24, 2016
Conor McGregor Wants $100 Million To Fight Floyd Mayweather... And Showtime Is Considering It!on May 23, 2016
Alanis Morissette Sues Business Manageron May 25, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Rise Of Technology Has Created A New Era Of Super-Wealthy AmericansThe "American Dream" is alive and well, if you operate in the tech or hedge fund space…
- Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It InsteadAlicia Corning Clark passed away in February at the age of 79. She had no children, family, or friends. She did, however, have a $17 million fortune and three doormen at her Fifth Avenue apartment building she was fond of.
- Why Did Donald Trump Receive a Tax Break For NYC Residents Who Make Less Than $500k?Donald Trump claims to earn a multi-millionaire-dollar income and have a multi-billionaire-dollar worth. But he received AND pocketed a $300 tax break for NYC residents who make less than $500k.
- British Artists Made More Money Off Of Vinyl Sales Than From YouTube StreamingHow did British artists make more money off of vinyl sales than from YouTube streaming?