Will Smith net worth: Will Smith is an actor, film producer and rapper who has a net worth of $260 million. He was consistently listed in Fortune Magazine's "Richest 40" list of the forty wealthiest Americans under the age of 40 and is a ardent philanthropist who donates to a variety of causes. Will Smith rose from modest beginnings as the son of a school administrator and refrigerator engineer in west Philadelphia, to become one of the biggest actors on the planet. He first gained recognition as a rapper alongside friend DJ Jazzy Jeff. Smith earned the first Grammy ever won for the newly formed Rap category in 1988. Smith's acting debut came in 1990 starring in the NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, which spanned six seasons and won several awards. Will Smith's film debut with the drama Where the Day Takes You, but kicked his career into high gear with a rapid succession of action films including Bad Boys, Independence Day, and Men in Black, the latter two earning worldwide revenues at $817.4 million and $589.3 million, respectfully. Smith never left music, and while working simultaneously on his films he released four solo albums, two which have gone platinum. Smith had numerous hit singles, among them "Men in Black," and "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It," earning Smith two consecutive Grammy Awards for Best Rap Solo Performance. Smith was twice nominated for an Academy Award, both for portraying real people, Muhammad Ali in Ali and Chris Gardner in The Pursuit of Happyness. In addition to acting in, Smith has also produced several of his films including I Am Legend, Seven Pounds and Hitch. Among his awards, Smith has two BET Awards, one Image Award, four MTV movie Awards, and two People's Choice Awards. He has three children, Jaden Smith, Willow Smith (with his wife, Jada Pinkett) and Trey Smith (with his first wife, Sheree Ampino).
Will Smith Net Worth
Date of Birth
Sep 25, 1968 (47 years old)
Actor, Film Producer, Record producer, Television producer, Rapper, Screenwriter
United States of America
6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
The Fresh Prince, Willard Christopher Smith, Jr., Willard Christopher Smith Jr., Fresh Prince, The, Wil Smith, Wiru Sumisu, Willard Christopher "Will" Smith, Jr., Fresh Prince, Mr. July, Prince
An Inappropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL Drafton Apr 29, 2016
Chobani Founder Does It Again: Employee Stock Deal Could Make Some Of Them Millions!on May 1, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Led Zeppelin Headed To Trial Over Stairway To Heaven Plagiarism Accusationson May 1, 2016
These Are The World's 10 Wealthiest Real Estate Tycoonson May 1, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
Prince Has Sold A Staggering Amount Of Music Since His Untimely Deathon Apr 29, 2016
Ozzie Silna, One Of The Brothers Who Made $800 Million Off The Best Business Deal Of All Time, Dies At 83on Apr 28, 2016
You Won't Believe Ludacris's Ridiculous Demands For A 13-Minute Performance!on Apr 26, 2016
Billionaire Roundup: Shenanigans, Bamboozling, And Other Problems Of The 1%on Apr 30, 2016
Will Smith Earnings
Click to Expand
- Men in Black 3$20,000,000
- The Karate Kid$5,500,000% of backend for producing
- The Pursuit of Happyness$20,000,000
- I, Robot$28,000,000
- Bad Boys II$20,000,00020% of the gross
- Men in Black II$20,000,00010% Gross
- The Legend of Bagger Vance$10,000,000
- Wild Wild West$7,000,000
- Enemy of the State$14,000,000
- Men in Black$5,000,000
- Independence Day$5,000,000
- Bad Boys$2,000,000
- Six Degrees of Separation$500,000
- Made in America$100,000
- Where the Day Takes You$50,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Original Handwritten "Laws of Base Ball" Sold For $3.26 Million At AuctionThe documents dating back to the 1800s and now known as the "Laws of Base Ball" are now an incredibly valuable historical object, having fetched $3.26 million at auction over the weekend.
- Millionaire Coal Baron Gets One-Year Prison Sentence for Mine Safety ConspiracyThe millionaire former-CEO of a coal mining company was recently sentenced to a one-year prison term and a $250,000 fine after he was found guilty of violating mine safety standards. In 2010, an explosion linked to unsafe working conditions in one of his company's mines killed 29 workers.
- Tom Brady Restructured His Contract And It Will Save Him $2 Million During His SuspensionTom Brady is known for his excellent decision-making on the field. His latest move came during the off-season, and it'll save him big bucks.
- More NBA Teams Willing To Pay Top Dollar For The Head Coach They WantThe Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards have talented rosters, but have not been able to form a winning team with that talent for some time. However, by paying top dollar for their next head coaches, they hope to reverse that trend and start winning.