Will Smith net worth: Will Smith is an actor, film producer and rapper who has a net worth of $220 million. He was consistently listed in Fortune Magazine's "Richest 40″ list of the forty wealthiest Americans under the age of 40 and is a ardent philanthropist who donates to a variety of causes. Will Smith rose from modest beginnings as the son of a school administrator and refrigerator engineer in west Philadelphia, to become one of the biggest actors on the planet. He first gained recognition as a rapper alongside friend DJ Jazzy Jeff. Smith earned the first Grammy ever won for the newly formed Rap category in 1988. Smith's acting debut came in 1990 starring in the NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, which spanned six seasons and won several awards. Will Smith's film debut with the drama Where the Day Takes You, but kicked his career into high gear with a rapid succession of action films including Bad Boys, Independence Day, and Men in Black, the latter two earning worldwide revenues at $817.4 million and $589.3 million, respectfully. Smith never left music, and while working simultaneously on his films he released four solo albums, two which have gone platinum. Smith had numerous hit singles, among them "Men in Black," and "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It," earning Smith two consecutive Grammy Awards for Best Rap Solo Performance. Smith was twice nominated for an Academy Award, both for portraying real people, Muhammad Ali in Ali and Chris Gardner in The Pursuit of Happyness. In addition to acting in, Smith has also produced several of his films including I Am Legend, Seven Pounds and Hitch. Among his awards, Smith has two BET Awards, one Image Award, four MTV movie Awards, and two People's Choice Awards. He has three children, Jaden Smith, Willow Smith (with his wife, Jada Pinkett) and Trey Smith (with his first wife, Sheree Ampino).
Will Smith Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Sep 25, 1968
Actor, Film Producer, Record producer, Television producer, Rapper, Screenwriter
United States of America
6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
The Fresh Prince, Willard Christopher Smith, Jr., Willard Christopher Smith Jr., Fresh Prince, The, Wil Smith, Wiru Sumisu, Willard Christopher "Will" Smith, Jr., Fresh Prince, Mr. July, Prince
Selling His Terminator Rights For $1 Enabled James Cameron To Earn $700 Million. But It's Still His Biggest Regret.on Jul 6, 2015
How A 2-Minute YouTube Video Turned Into A Six-Figure Income And A New Career For One Lucky Fatheron Jul 7, 2015
Screwed Out Of A Massive Fortune But Still The Reluctant Face Of The Company - The Insane Story Of Burt's Bees Founder Burt Shavitzon Jul 6, 2015
The Final, Final, Final Paycheck Numbers For Mayweather-Pacquiao Were Just Released... And They Are Staggering!!!on Jul 3, 2015
Wait Till You Hear How Much Lil Wayne Charges For A 15 Minute Club Performance...on Jul 5, 2015
How Katy Perry Became The Highest Paid Entertainer In The Worldon Jul 6, 2015
The Grateful Dead Is An Iconic Band Making Their Final Rounds.. So How Much Are They All Worth After 50 Years?on Jul 6, 2015
The 40 Richest Americans Of All Time – Inflation Adjustedon Jul 4, 2015
How To Choke Your Way Out Of $100 Million – The Rise And Fall Of Latrell Sprewellon Jul 6, 2015
Donna Karan – Women's Fashion Trailblazer And $400 Million Self-Made Tycoonon Jul 6, 2015
Will Smith Earnings
Click to Expand
- Men in Black 3$20,000,000
- The Karate Kid$5,500,000% of backend for producing
- The Pursuit of Happyness$20,000,000
- I, Robot$28,000,000
- Bad Boys II$20,000,00020% of the gross
- Men in Black II$20,000,00010% Gross
- The Legend of Bagger Vance$10,000,000
- Wild Wild West$7,000,000
- Enemy of the State$14,000,000
- Men in Black$5,000,000
- Independence Day$5,000,000
- Bad Boys$2,000,000
- Six Degrees of Separation$500,000
- Made in America$100,000
- Where the Day Takes You$50,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- How A 2-Minute YouTube Video Turned Into A Six-Figure Income And A New Career For One Lucky FatherIn 2009, David DeVore, Sr., uploaded a video to YouTube of his son after visiting the dentist. Six years later and that video is still supporting the entire family.
- Selling His Terminator Rights For $1 Enabled James Cameron To Earn $700 Million. But It's Still His Biggest Regret.In the 1980s, James Cameron sold the rights to a concept he'd come up with for $1, with one proviso: That he be able to direct the movie. Was this brilliant or horrendously stupid?
- The Grateful Dead Is An Iconic Band Making Their Final Rounds.. So How Much Are They All Worth After 50 Years?The Grateful Dead certainly don't seem like the type of guys who got into rock and roll for the money but they have made tons of it.
- Screwed Out Of A Massive Fortune But Still The Reluctant Face Of The Company - The Insane Story Of Burt's Bees Founder Burt ShavitzBut Shavitz is the iconic co-founder Burt's Bees. His name and face are on every product the company sells. But he lost out on a massive fortune thanks to one stroke of a pen.