Will Smith net worth: Will Smith is an actor, film producer and rapper who has a net worth of $260 million. He was consistently listed in Fortune Magazine's "Richest 40" list of the forty wealthiest Americans under the age of 40 and is a ardent philanthropist who donates to a variety of causes. Will Smith rose from modest beginnings as the son of a school administrator and refrigerator engineer in west Philadelphia, to become one of the biggest actors on the planet. He first gained recognition as a rapper alongside friend DJ Jazzy Jeff. Smith earned the first Grammy ever won for the newly formed Rap category in 1988. Smith's acting debut came in 1990 starring in the NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, which spanned six seasons and won several awards. Will Smith's film debut with the drama Where the Day Takes You, but kicked his career into high gear with a rapid succession of action films including Bad Boys, Independence Day, and Men in Black, the latter two earning worldwide revenues at $817.4 million and $589.3 million, respectfully. Smith never left music, and while working simultaneously on his films he released four solo albums, two which have gone platinum. Smith had numerous hit singles, among them "Men in Black," and "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It," earning Smith two consecutive Grammy Awards for Best Rap Solo Performance. Smith was twice nominated for an Academy Award, both for portraying real people, Muhammad Ali in Ali and Chris Gardner in The Pursuit of Happyness. In addition to acting in, Smith has also produced several of his films including I Am Legend, Seven Pounds and Hitch. Among his awards, Smith has two BET Awards, one Image Award, four MTV movie Awards, and two People's Choice Awards. He has three children, Jaden Smith, Willow Smith (with his wife, Jada Pinkett) and Trey Smith (with his first wife, Sheree Ampino).
Will Smith Net Worth
Date of Birth
Sep 25, 1968 (47 years old)
Actor, Film Producer, Record producer, Television producer, Rapper, Screenwriter
United States of America
6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
The Fresh Prince, Willard Christopher Smith, Jr., Willard Christopher Smith Jr., Fresh Prince, The, Wil Smith, Wiru Sumisu, Willard Christopher "Will" Smith, Jr., Fresh Prince, Mr. July, Prince
From Wrongfully Locked Up For 34 Years To Millionaire: The Kash Register Storyon Feb 11, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail Tycoonon Feb 11, 2016
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!on Feb 11, 2016
The Saudi Royal Family Gave The Malaysian Prime Minister $700 Million Cash... Just For Funsies!on Feb 11, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
Elon Musk Has Lost $3.3 Billion In The Last Few Monthson Feb 11, 2016
Website Reveals Interesting Trends Among The World's Billionaireson Feb 11, 2016
Will Smith Earnings
Click to Expand
- Men in Black 3$20,000,000
- The Karate Kid$5,500,000% of backend for producing
- The Pursuit of Happyness$20,000,000
- I, Robot$28,000,000
- Bad Boys II$20,000,00020% of the gross
- Men in Black II$20,000,00010% Gross
- The Legend of Bagger Vance$10,000,000
- Wild Wild West$7,000,000
- Enemy of the State$14,000,000
- Men in Black$5,000,000
- Independence Day$5,000,000
- Bad Boys$2,000,000
- Six Degrees of Separation$500,000
- Made in America$100,000
- Where the Day Takes You$50,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Why Do Billionaires And Celebrities Descend On St. Barts To Escape The Cold Every Year?Celebrities and billionaires alike flock to St. Barts every winter to soak up the sun, party, and dine in luxury. But what makes St. Barts so special?
- How A Mediocre Baseball Player Ended Up Making MILLIONS Off Upper Deck Baseball CardsNothing beats opening up a pack of baseball cards. And for former Angels pitcher DeWayne Buice, baseball cards earned him way more money than playing in the Major Leagues ever did.
- Ferrari Enzo Almost Completely Destroyed In Crazy Wreck Is Now Worth Three Times As MuchFor a car that was once split in half, it is amazing to learn that this car has sold for about three times its original value!
- Led Zeppelin Members Plead Lack Of Memory In Stunning Stairway To Heaven Plagirism LawsuitSurviving members of Led Zeppelin were recently deposed as part of a copyright infringement case for the song Stairway to Heaven, often recognized as one of the greatest rock songs of all time.