Jose Canseco net worth: Jose Canseco is a Cuba-born retired American baseball player who has a net worth of $500 thousand. Jose Canseco was born July 2, 1964, in Havana, Cuba. His entire family left Cuba when Jose and his twin brother Ozzie were still infants. Jose made his Major League debut on September 2, 1985 and made his last appearance 16 years later on October 6, 2001. Jose was a six time All Star, two-time AL home run champion, four time Silver Slugger award winner and two time World Series champion. After baseball, Jose wrote the 2005 book Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits & How Baseball Got Big. In the book Jose claims that the majority of Major League baseball players used steroids openly throughout the 80s and 90s. He has since become a bit of a controversial figure in the sports world and is alienated from most of his former baseball friends and teammates. During his career, Jose earned $45 million in salary before taxes and fees. His peak salary was the $5.8 million he earned from the Boston Red Sox in 1995. Like many athletes, Jose spent his money nearly as quickly. He recently has claimed he is no longer even a millionaire. Since his retirement, Canseco has appeared on several television and radio programs. He was a contestant on The Celebrity Apprentice and also appeared in Season 5 of The Surreal Life; he has also appeared in many celebrity boxing and martial arts competitions. He has been married twice, first to Esther Haddad, but the couple divorced in 1992 and next to Jessica Sekely but that marriage ended as well in 2000. Jose and Jessica have one daughter named, Josie, and Jessica can now be seen on the reality television program, Hollywood Exes.
Jose Canseco Net Worth
Date of Birth
Jul 2, 1964 (51 years old)
Baseball player, Author, Actor, Columnist, Mixed Martial Artist
United States of America
6 ft 3 in (1.93 m)
240 lbs (109 kg)
JosÃ© Canseco Capas Jr., José Canseco Capas, Jr., The Chemist, Jose Canseco y Capas Jr., Hose A
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
Golden State Warriors Sign Extremely Lucrative Arena Naming Rights Dealon Feb 7, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Buy Rhianna's Former House For $14.1 Millionon Feb 6, 2016
Who Will Be The First $100 Million Earner In Tennis - Novak Djokovic Or Roger Federer?on Feb 7, 2016
Martin Shkreli's E*Trade Account Has Plummeted In Valueon Feb 5, 2016
Jose Canseco Earnings
Click to Expand
- New York Yankees (2001-02)$500,000
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays (2000-01)$3,000,000
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays (1999-00)$3,325,000
- Toronto Blue Jays (1998-99)$2,125,000
- Oakland Athletics (1997-98)$4,225,000
- Boston Red Sox (1996-97)$4,725,000
- Boston Red Sox (1995-96)$5,800,000
- Texas Rangers (1994-95)$5,100,000
- Texas Rangers (1993-94)$4,800,000
- Oakland Athletics (1992-93)$4,300,000
- Oakland Athletics (1991-92)$3,500,000
- Oakland Athletics (1990-91)$2,000,000
- Oakland Athletics (1989-90)$1,600,000
- Oakland Athletics (1988-89)$325,000
- Oakland Athletics (1987-88)$180,000
- Oakland Athletics (1986-87)$75,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.Back when he was a young hotshot in the league, Spencer Haywood was given a choice by Nike. His decision ultimately cost him a HUGE amount of money.
- The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone ElseThe richest 62 people in the world would all fit onto a bus. Those 62 people have as much cold, hard cash (and assets) as half of the population of the world. And thank God they do, so that we have things to write about at Celebrity Net Worth!
- Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas MansionMike Tyson has made and blown a fortune during his lifetime, but apparently things are on the up and up now. They must be, for him to be able to afford buying a 10,000 square foot home in Las Vegas.
- The 10 Most Successful NBA OwnersYou might be surprised by which NBA teams' owners are the most successful. Here's a clue: success on the court isn't always an indicator...