Jose Canseco net worth: Jose Canseco is a Cuba-born retired American baseball player who has a net worth of $500 thousand. Jose Canseco was born July 2, 1964, in Havana, Cuba. His entire family left Cuba when Jose and his twin brother Ozzie were still infants. Jose made his Major League debut on September 2, 1985 and made his last appearance 16 years later on October 6, 2001. Jose was a six time All Star, two-time AL home run champion, four time Silver Slugger award winner and two time World Series champion. After baseball, Jose wrote the 2005 book Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits & How Baseball Got Big. In the book Jose claims that the majority of Major League baseball players used steroids openly throughout the 80s and 90s. He has since become a bit of a controversial figure in the sports world and is alienated from most of his former baseball friends and teammates. During his career, Jose earned $45 million in salary before taxes and fees. His peak salary was the $5.8 million he earned from the Boston Red Sox in 1995. Like many athletes, Jose spent his money nearly as quickly. He recently has claimed he is no longer even a millionaire. Since his retirement, Canseco has appeared on several television and radio programs. He was a contestant on The Celebrity Apprentice and also appeared in Season 5 of The Surreal Life; he has also appeared in many celebrity boxing and martial arts competitions. He has been married twice, first to Esther Haddad, but the couple divorced in 1992 and next to Jessica Sekely but that marriage ended as well in 2000. Jose and Jessica have one daughter named, Josie, and Jessica can now be seen on the reality television program, Hollywood Exes.
Jose Canseco Net Worth
Date of Birth
Jul 2, 1964 (51 years old)
Baseball player, Author, Actor, Columnist, Mixed Martial Artist
United States of America
6 ft 3 in (1.93 m)
240 lbs (109 kg)
JosÃ© Canseco Capas Jr., José Canseco Capas, Jr., The Chemist, Jose Canseco y Capas Jr., Hose A
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
How Armstrong Williams Became A Media Mogul And The Largest Black TV Channel Owner In The USon Nov 30, 2015
Mark Cuban Pays Out $30K For Swearing At Charity Eventon Nov 28, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
Amazing Human Being Alert: Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Joins The Giving Pledgeon Nov 30, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
Tony Robbins' Secret To Wealth Is All About Perspectiveon Nov 29, 2015
Model Sues Lil Wayne's Trukfit Clothing Lineon Nov 29, 2015
Asia's Richest Man Is Quietly Investing Billions In Americaon Nov 28, 2015
Jose Canseco Earnings
Click to Expand
- New York Yankees (2001-02)$500,000
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays (2000-01)$3,000,000
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays (1999-00)$3,325,000
- Toronto Blue Jays (1998-99)$2,125,000
- Oakland Athletics (1997-98)$4,225,000
- Boston Red Sox (1996-97)$4,725,000
- Boston Red Sox (1995-96)$5,800,000
- Texas Rangers (1994-95)$5,100,000
- Texas Rangers (1993-94)$4,800,000
- Oakland Athletics (1992-93)$4,300,000
- Oakland Athletics (1991-92)$3,500,000
- Oakland Athletics (1990-91)$2,000,000
- Oakland Athletics (1989-90)$1,600,000
- Oakland Athletics (1988-89)$325,000
- Oakland Athletics (1987-88)$180,000
- Oakland Athletics (1986-87)$75,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- For A Guy Who Is "Bankrupt," 50 Cent Sure Keeps A Lot Of Cash Lying Around The House...I sure hope 50 Cent's bankruptcy judge doesn't follow him on Instagram!
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire Chuck Feeney Donates $177 Million To Dementia ResearchBillionaire Chuck Feeney has made a career out of being a pretty amazing human being. His "Giving While Living" philosophy has led him to give away 99% of his once $7.5 billion fortune so far. Now, Feeney has made another astoundingly large donation...
- This Financial Analyst Wants To Eradicate Veteran PovertyCertified financial analyst, Shawn Dorrough, has created a plan to help reduce the poverty rates amongst veterans. Basic yet essential info!
- Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'Someone actually bought the one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang project. Check out the details here.