Mark McGwire Net Worth
Mark McGwire net worth and salary: Mark McGwire is a retired American professional baseball player who has a net worth of $60 million. During his baseball career, which ended in 2001, Mark earned $74 million in salary. He also earned tens of million from endorsements.
Mark David McGwire was born in Pomona, California in October 1963. McGwire played for three years at University of Southern California and also played on the 1984 United States Olympic baseball team before being selected #10 by the Oakland Athletics in the 1984 Major League Baseball Draft. He played first baseman for the A's from 1984 to 1997. During his rookie year he was voted AL Rookie of the Year and hit 49 home runs. He won a Gold Glove award in 1990 and broke the Athletics' record of 363 home runs. McGwire made nine AL All-Star teams with the Athletics. McGwire went on to play for the St. Louis Cardinals from 1997 to 2001. The 1998 season garnered attention as he, Ken Griffey Jr., and Sammy Sosa all had possibilities to break Roger Maris' single-season home run record. McGwire broke the record on September 8 and finished the season with 70 home runs. He finished his career with 583 home runs.
After his playing days he went on to be a hitting coach for the Cardinals, later taking the same position with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
McGwire has been surrounded in steroid controversy since 1998. He was subpoenaed to testify at a congressional hearing in 2005. In 2010 he admitted to using steroids on and off an wished he had never done so.
|Net Worth:||$60 Million|
|Date of Birth:||Oct 1, 1963 (56 years old)|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Profession:||Baseball player, Coach|
|Nationality:||United States of America|
Mark McGwire Earnings
- St. Louis Cardinals (2001-02)$11,000,000
- St. Louis Cardinals (2000-01)$9,333,333
- St. Louis Cardinals (1999-00)$9,358,667
- St. Louis Cardinals (1998-99)$8,928,354
- Oakland Athletics (1997-98)$7,150,000
- Oakland Athletics (1996-97)$7,050,000
- Oakland Athletics (1995-96)$6,925,000
- Oakland Athletics (1994-95)$3,000,000
- Oakland Athletics (1993-94)$4,000,000
- Oakland Athletics (1992-93)$2,700,000
- Oakland Athletics (1991-92)$2,850,000
- Oakland Athletics (1990-91)$1,500,000
- Oakland Athletics (1989-90)$510,500
- Oakland Athletics (1988-89)$250,000
- Oakland Athletics (1987-88)$72,500
- Oakland Athletics (1986-87)$60,000