Julius Erving Net Worth: Julius Erving is a retired American basketball player who has a net worth of $16 million. Julius Erving known as "Dr J" built his net worth playing pro basketball and launching a modern style of leaping and plays above the rim. Born Julius Winfield Erving II on February 22, 1950, in Nassau County, New York, he is best appreciated for launching the modern style of play called "slam dunk" that emphasizes leaping and play above the rim. A high school and college basketball star, Erving got his nickname "The Doctor" and "Dr. J" thanks to his flamboyance and skill on the court. After two successful varsity college basketball seasons, he left college to play in the now-defunct American Basketball Association (ABA). He joined the league in 1971 as an undrafted free agent with the Squires. Since, he has started to make history as one of the most gifted players and one of the biggest draws at the box office. After he spent five years with the ABA, he joined the NBA where he stayed for another prolific 11 years with the Philadelphia 76ers. With Erving in the team, the team won the 1983 championship. He retired from the sport in 1987 with 30,026 career points in both leagues and ranking third on the all-time scoring list. A remarkable leaper, he was one of the first key practitioners of the move later exemplified by Michael Jordan. After he left the court, Julius Erving went on to become a successful business executive, TV sport analyst and executive with the Orlando Magic.
Julius Erving Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Feb 22, 1950 (66 years old)
Basketball player, Actor
United States of America
6 ft 6 in (2 m)
209 lbs (95 kg)
Julius Winfield Erving III, Dr. J, Julius 'Dr. J' Erving, Julius W. Erving
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
Florida Judge Upholds Hulk Hogan's $140 Million Gawker Judgmenton May 25, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
Shaquille O'Neal Makes Big Entrance Into The Auto Insurance Industryon May 25, 2016
Richard Gere Slashes $11M From Hamptons Home Asking Priceon May 24, 2016
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
How Long Does It Take To Make As Much As The Richest Person In Your Country?on May 25, 2016
Alanis Morissette Sues Business Manageron May 25, 2016
El Chapo's United States Extradition Approved By Mexicoon May 24, 2016
Julius Erving Earnings
- Philadelphia 76ers (1985-86)$1,485,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- China Tops Panama Papers List of People And Companies Hiding Money In Offshore AccountsThe Panama Papers leak reveals that China tops the list of people and companies with the most secret offshore bank accounts in the world. Government censors are working to scrub any mention of the leak in media reports and on the Internet.
- Donald Trump Brags About His Billions, But Downplays Worth to Tax CollectorsWhat is the real value of Donald Trump's assets? It's hard to know, when the real estate mogul and presumptive Republican nominee makes conflicting and contradictory statements.
- Cayman Islands Are the Third-Biggest Foreign Owner of US DebtThe Cayman Islands in the Caribbean is the third biggest foreign owner of U.S. debt. Why is the tiny British territory holding such a large portfolio of U.S. Treasuries?
- Marvel Studios Hits $10 Billion Box Office MilestoneA recent milestone hit by Marvel Studios in the field of box office receipts serves as a strong reminder of just what a powerhouse this sprawling cinematic franchise has become.