Julius Erving Net Worth: Julius Erving is a retired American basketball player who has a net worth of $16 million. Julius Erving known as "Dr J" built his net worth playing pro basketball and launching a modern style of leaping and plays above the rim. Born Julius Winfield Erving II on February 22, 1950, in Nassau County, New York, he is best appreciated for launching the modern style of play called "slam dunk" that emphasizes leaping and play above the rim. A high school and college basketball star, Erving got his nickname "The Doctor" and "Dr. J" thanks to his flamboyance and skill on the court. After two successful varsity college basketball seasons, he left college to play in the now-defunct American Basketball Association (ABA). He joined the league in 1971 as an undrafted free agent with the Squires. Since, he has started to make history as one of the most gifted players and one of the biggest draws at the box office. After he spent five years with the ABA, he joined the NBA where he stayed for another prolific 11 years with the Philadelphia 76ers. With Erving in the team, the team won the 1983 championship. He retired from the sport in 1987 with 30,026 career points in both leagues and ranking third on the all-time scoring list. A remarkable leaper, he was one of the first key practitioners of the move later exemplified by Michael Jordan. After he left the court, Julius Erving went on to become a successful business executive, TV sport analyst and executive with the Orlando Magic.
Julius Erving Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Feb 22, 1950 (66 years old)
Basketball player, Actor
United States of America
6 ft 6 in (2 m)
209 lbs (95 kg)
Julius Winfield Erving III, Dr. J, Julius 'Dr. J' Erving, Julius W. Erving
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
Julius Erving Earnings
- Philadelphia 76ers (1985-86)$1,485,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA HistoryThe good times continue in Cleveland after the Cavaliers brought home the city's first championship in more than half a century – retailers, especially, are smiling.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.