Bubba the Love Sponge net worth: Bubba the Love Sponge is an American radio personality who has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars. His career has been dogged by controversy since his first broadcasts just after college. Bubba the Love Sponge has been fired and/or banned from numerous radio stations due to his penchant for saying sexually explicit, racist, or objectionable comments on air. He was born as Todd Alan Clem on April 23, 1966 in Warsaw, Indiana. He began his radio career at Indiana Stae University's WISU-FM. Following graduation, one of his first jobs was at WGRD in Michigan where he worked on an evening show. Clem was in trouble almost immediately due to the sexual content of his show. After Roger's Department Store canceled their account with WGRD, management at the station removed Clem from his position. In 2001, while on the air at WXTB in Tampa, Clem slaughtered and barbecued a wild Florida Boar that had been captured by a professional hunter. He broadcast sound effects of hogs feeding to lead listeners to believe the hog was being harassed. This incident led to Clem, his executive producer, and two other people to be charged with animal cruelty, the trial received coverage outside Florida on Court TV; eventually, the defendants were acquitted by the jury. In 2001, the FCC issued a Notice of Apparent Liability and a $755,000 fine against four stations owned by Clear Channel for objectionable segments of Bubba the Love Sponge that included graphic discussions about sex and drugs. Shortly after, Clear Channel discontinued Clem's show and the CEO of Clear Channel testified in front of Congress that the show would no longer be broadcast on Clear Channel. Clem then started working as a backstage interviewer for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. He was at the helm of several controversies during the shot time he was in that role, and was removed from the show after just over one month for making negative remarks about the 2010 earthquake disaster that left Haiti in ruins, and using racially-charged remarks against one of the wrestlers. Clem has been married and divorced twice, and has one child, Tyler Clem. In early 2012, he was sued by Hulk Hogan for apparently taping Hogan and Clem's then-wife having sex in his bedroom. There was eventually a settlement, and Clem publicly apologized to Hogan. He is currently hosting a late night news show, on Cox Radio and on RadioIO online.
Bubba The Love Sponge Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Bubba The Love Sponge against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Bubba the Love Sponge
Date of Birth
Apr 23, 1966 (49 years old)
United States of America
Todd Alan Clem, Bubba the Love Sponge Clem
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
Asia's Richest Man Is Quietly Investing Billions In Americaon Nov 28, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'on Nov 28, 2015
Billionaire Roundup: Donald Sterling Gets A Verdict; Mark Cuban's Hoverboard; Robots Are Coming To Take Over Your Job; And A Billionaire Shakeupon Nov 28, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
Mark Cuban Pays Out $30K For Swearing At Charity Eventon Nov 28, 2015
Derek Jeter And 50 Cent Are At The Center Of A Lawsuit Over Underwearon Nov 26, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini HuracánThe Lamborghini Huracán is a luxury sports car that began production in 2014. The Huracán, which means "hurricane" in Spanish, was Lamborghini's replacement for
- How Martin Selig Escaped Nazi Germany, Reshaped The City's Skyline And Became A BillionaireFor Seattle residents, the name Martin Selig is nearly eponymous with their celebrated city skyline. However, the billionaire real estate developer is not a native. Selig escaped Nazi Germany to build a fortune in the Pacific Northwest.
- BMW Showoff Vs. Side Of Mountain. Who You Got?If you ever own a BMW and you feel like showing off your driving skills, please don't follow this guy's example...
- Dodgers Give 18-Year-Old Cuban Prospect Yusniel Diaz $15.5 Million BonusThe Dodgers are not scared to spend money, so when they decided they really wanted Cuban prospect Yasniel Diaz, they made sure they got him by offering him a $15.5 million bonus.