Bubba the Love Sponge net worth: Bubba the Love Sponge is an American radio personality who has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars. His career has been dogged by controversy since his first broadcasts just after college. Bubba the Love Sponge has been fired and/or banned from numerous radio stations due to his penchant for saying sexually explicit, racist, or objectionable comments on air. He was born as Todd Alan Clem on April 23, 1966 in Warsaw, Indiana. He began his radio career at Indiana Stae University's WISU-FM. Following graduation, one of his first jobs was at WGRD in Michigan where he worked on an evening show. Clem was in trouble almost immediately due to the sexual content of his show. After Roger's Department Store canceled their account with WGRD, management at the station removed Clem from his position. In 2001, while on the air at WXTB in Tampa, Clem slaughtered and barbecued a wild Florida Boar that had been captured by a professional hunter. He broadcast sound effects of hogs feeding to lead listeners to believe the hog was being harassed. This incident led to Clem, his executive producer, and two other people to be charged with animal cruelty, the trial received coverage outside Florida on Court TV; eventually, the defendants were acquitted by the jury. In 2001, the FCC issued a Notice of Apparent Liability and a $755,000 fine against four stations owned by Clear Channel for objectionable segments of Bubba the Love Sponge that included graphic discussions about sex and drugs. Shortly after, Clear Channel discontinued Clem's show and the CEO of Clear Channel testified in front of Congress that the show would no longer be broadcast on Clear Channel. Clem then started working as a backstage interviewer for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. He was at the helm of several controversies during the shot time he was in that role, and was removed from the show after just over one month for making negative remarks about the 2010 earthquake disaster that left Haiti in ruins, and using racially-charged remarks against one of the wrestlers. Clem has been married and divorced twice, and has one child, Tyler Clem. In early 2012, he was sued by Hulk Hogan for apparently taping Hogan and Clem's then-wife having sex in his bedroom. There was eventually a settlement, and Clem publicly apologized to Hogan. He is currently hosting a late night news show, on Cox Radio and on RadioIO online.
Bubba The Love Sponge Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Bubba The Love Sponge against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Bubba the Love Sponge
Date of Birth
Apr 23, 1966 (50 years old)
United States of America
Todd Alan Clem, Bubba the Love Sponge Clem
Floyd Mayweather Threw His Daughter A Daughter 7-Figure Sweet 16on May 30, 2016
Johnny Depp Doesn't Want to Give Amber Heard a Dime Of His $400 Million Net Worthon May 27, 2016
The Richest Person In America's 50 Largest Citieson May 29, 2016
Inside Barack And Michelle Obama's New $5.3M Post-Presidential Mansionon May 27, 2016
Malaysian Teen Spends Her Accidental Fortune on Designer Clothes and Accessorieson May 28, 2016
From the Gridiron to the Boardroom: Ex-49er Patrick Willis in Silicon Valleyon May 30, 2016
Chance The Rapper Becomes The First Artist To Have A Streaming Exclusive Break Into The Billboard 200on May 30, 2016
Saudi Arabia Looks to Foreign Banks, Not Oil, for Financial Helpon May 30, 2016
How Did 27 Giant Companies Make Billions in Profits Without Paying ANY Income Taxes?on May 29, 2016
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Takes Home an Extra $14 Millionon May 29, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Nick Denton May Be Forced To Sell Gawker To Pay Legal JudgmentsThere are rumors Nick Denton will sell Gawker Media to raise funds for his appeal against Hulk Hogan. But who is the unnamed buyer and how can they purchase the company so cheaply?
- Billionaire Investor Peter Thiel Admits to Funding Hulk Hogan's Suit Against GawkerPeter Thiel, the Silicon Valley billionaire who co-founded PayPal and was one of Facebook's earliest investors, admitted to funding Hulk Hogan's suit against Gawker. Why is he helping the wrestler win?
- Meet John Catsimatidis: Billionaire Grocery Store Mogul Who Is Making A Play For North American Oil IndependenceJohn Catsimatidis built a $2.3 billion fortune from one $10,000 grocery store. If he can end the U.S. dependency on Saudi Arabian oil, he will have cemented his legacy for generations to come.
- New Panama Papers Leak Revels Billionaire George Soros's Link To Weapons And Intelligence DealingsThe Panama Papers reveal that George Soros's Soros Capital set up an offshore company in the Cayman Islands so that it could invest with the Carlyle Group alongside members of the Bin Laden family.