Sugar Ray Leonard net worth: Sugar Ray Leonard is an American retired professional boxer, motivational speaker who has a net worth of $120 million. Sugar Ray Leonard built his net worth boxing and considered one of the best of all time, winning titles in five weight divisions. He was born in Wilmington, North Carolina and named after the singer Ray Charles. Sugar Ray Leonard took home world titles in five different weight divisions and retired with the accolade Boxer of the Decade for the 1980s. Born in 1956, in Rocky Mount, NC, he grew up in the areas of Washington, D.C. and Maryland. At the early age of 14 he made his beginnings in boxing at a local recreation center, and even then Leonard excelled as a fighter. Over the course of his professional career he has established himself as a fierce contender and earned the nickname "Sugar Ray" after the man who was thought to be the greatest boxer of all time, Sugar Ray Robinson. Having notched up victories over the likes of Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns and Marvin Hagler, he soon went on to become the first boxer to win title belts in five different weight classes, a long-standing world record. After many retirements and subsequent comebacks, Leonard finally retired for good in 1997 when he suffered a bitter loss to Hector "Macho" Camacho. From there, he continued to build a career of another kind as a commentator for NBC, ABC, HBO, and ESPN, which helped him land endorsement deals with companies such as EA Sports, Ford, Nabisco, and Coca-Cola. What's more, he cultivated a substantial acting career, appearing in movies like Riot and The Fighter, and participating on reality shows like Celebrity Ghost Stories and Dancing With the Stars. 2011 saw the publishing of his autobiography, The Big Fight: My Life In and Out of the Ring.
Sugar Ray Leonard Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Sugar Ray Leonard against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Sugar Ray Leonard
Date of Birth
May 17, 1956 (59 years old)
Professional Boxer, Actor
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
159 lbs (72.12 kg)
Ray Charles Leonard, Ray C. Leonard, Ray Leonard, Shugâ Rei Renâdo
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And Allon Feb 9, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Saudi Billionaire Trying To Use Diplomatic Immunity To Get Out Of Potentially VERY Expensive Divorceon Feb 9, 2016
The Owners Of The Denver Broncos Have Had An Insanely Good Return On Their Investment!on Feb 5, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever MadeWe know that television is big business, but you might be surprised to learn how much each episode of your favorite TV show can cost to make.
- Everything You Need To Know From Super Bowl 50Another NFL season has come and gone. This Super Bowl was a lot of fun for fans of defense, and probably for Beyonce fans, too. In case you missed any of the action, here are the highlights from the game.
- Are Elizabeth Holmes And Her Revolutionary Blood Testing Company Running Out Of Time?Last fall, Elizabeth Holmes, billionaire CEO of Theranos, Inc. faced some serious heat when it was revealed that her innovative method of testing blood wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Months later, there still aren't any answers. Is time running out for Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes?
- "Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social MediaHow did 50 Cent go from being one of the most successful rappers and business moguls in the world to having creditors pick apart his dwindling fortune? We break the story down for here.