Sugar Ray Leonard net worth: Sugar Ray Leonard is an American retired professional boxer, motivational speaker who has a net worth of $120 million. Sugar Ray Leonard built his net worth boxing and considered one of the best of all time, winning titles in five weight divisions. He was born in Wilmington, North Carolina and named after the singer Ray Charles. Sugar Ray Leonard took home world titles in five different weight divisions and retired with the accolade Boxer of the Decade for the 1980s. Born in 1956, in Rocky Mount, NC, he grew up in the areas of Washington, D.C. and Maryland. At the early age of 14 he made his beginnings in boxing at a local recreation center, and even then Leonard excelled as a fighter. Over the course of his professional career he has established himself as a fierce contender and earned the nickname "Sugar Ray" after the man who was thought to be the greatest boxer of all time, Sugar Ray Robinson. Having notched up victories over the likes of Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns and Marvin Hagler, he soon went on to become the first boxer to win title belts in five different weight classes, a long-standing world record. After many retirements and subsequent comebacks, Leonard finally retired for good in 1997 when he suffered a bitter loss to Hector "Macho" Camacho. From there, he continued to build a career of another kind as a commentator for NBC, ABC, HBO, and ESPN, which helped him land endorsement deals with companies such as EA Sports, Ford, Nabisco, and Coca-Cola. What's more, he cultivated a substantial acting career, appearing in movies like Riot and The Fighter, and participating on reality shows like Celebrity Ghost Stories and Dancing With the Stars. 2011 saw the publishing of his autobiography, The Big Fight: My Life In and Out of the Ring.
Sugar Ray Leonard Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Sugar Ray Leonard against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Sugar Ray Leonard
Date of Birth
May 17, 1956 (59 years old)
Professional Boxer, Actor
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
159 lbs (72.12 kg)
Ray Charles Leonard, Ray C. Leonard, Ray Leonard, Shugâ Rei Renâdo
Lil Wayne Makes Shocking Claims About Birdman Fleecing Millions From Drake, Nicki Minaj And Moreon Oct 8, 2015
Some Athletes Go Broke In Retirement. David Robinson Just Luanched His SECOND Private-Equity Fundon Oct 7, 2015
How Tech N9ne Became One Of The Highest Paid People In Hip-Hopon Oct 3, 2015
A 100-Year Old Japanese Mafia – The Richest In The World – May Be In The Midst Of A Destructive Spliton Oct 3, 2015
Pierre Cardin Lists His Bizarre South Of France Mansion For $450 Millionon Oct 8, 2015
5 Insane Facts About Pablo Escobar's Wealthon Sep 28, 2015
10 Of Angelina Jolie's Top Earning Film Roleson Oct 8, 2015
Some Of The Most Eccentric Billionaires And Millionaireson Oct 7, 2015
Wait Til You Hear How Much The Red Hot Chili Peppers Guitarist's Ex-Wife Wants Per Monthon Oct 8, 2015
How Much Can You Make Behind The Scenes in Hollywood?on Oct 8, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Did A Draft Kings Employee Use Inside Information To Win BIG MONEY Off Arch Rival Fan Duel?Draft Kings and Fan Duel give fantasy players a chance to win $1 million, but is it worth it to play if someone working for the company is cheating?
- You Won't Believe How Much Hard Rock Café Founder Just Dropped On Two NYC CondosAnother day, another rich person dropping crazy cash on amazing real estate. This time, it's Hard Rock Café and Morton's Steakhouse founder Peter Morton, and the place is Manhattan.
- Weekend Box Office Review For October 2nd – October 4thThis weekend, The Martian opened at #1, but how did other movies stack up?
- Buy Ricky Gervais' London Home for $11.7 Million!Ricky Gervais and longtime partner Jane Fallon re-did the basement to include a gym, illuminated swimming pool, sauna and a golf simulator!