Sugar Ray Leonard net worth: Sugar Ray Leonard is an American retired professional boxer, motivational speaker who has a net worth of $120 million. Sugar Ray Leonard built his net worth boxing and considered one of the best of all time, winning titles in five weight divisions. He was born in Wilmington, North Carolina and named after the singer Ray Charles. Sugar Ray Leonard took home world titles in five different weight divisions and retired with the accolade Boxer of the Decade for the 1980s. Born in 1956, in Rocky Mount, NC, he grew up in the areas of Washington, D.C. and Maryland. At the early age of 14 he made his beginnings in boxing at a local recreation center, and even then Leonard excelled as a fighter. Over the course of his professional career he has established himself as a fierce contender and earned the nickname "Sugar Ray" after the man who was thought to be the greatest boxer of all time, Sugar Ray Robinson. Having notched up victories over the likes of Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns and Marvin Hagler, he soon went on to become the first boxer to win title belts in five different weight classes, a long-standing world record. After many retirements and subsequent comebacks, Leonard finally retired for good in 1997 when he suffered a bitter loss to Hector "Macho" Camacho. From there, he continued to build a career of another kind as a commentator for NBC, ABC, HBO, and ESPN, which helped him land endorsement deals with companies such as EA Sports, Ford, Nabisco, and Coca-Cola. What's more, he cultivated a substantial acting career, appearing in movies like Riot and The Fighter, and participating on reality shows like Celebrity Ghost Stories and Dancing With the Stars. 2011 saw the publishing of his autobiography, The Big Fight: My Life In and Out of the Ring.
Sugar Ray Leonard Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Sugar Ray Leonard against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Sugar Ray Leonard
Date of Birth
May 17, 1956 (60 years old)
Professional Boxer, Actor
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
159 lbs (72.12 kg)
Ray Charles Leonard, Ray C. Leonard, Ray Leonard, Shugâ Rei Renâdo
How Much Did the Clintons Make From Paid Speeches in 2015?on May 23, 2016
The Rise Of Technology Has Created A New Era Of Super-Wealthy Americanson May 26, 2016
Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It Insteadon May 26, 2016
Why Did Donald Trump Receive a Tax Break For NYC Residents Who Make Less Than $500k?on May 26, 2016
The Atlanta Falcons' New Stadium Will Offer Very Cheap Concessions - Thanks Arthur Blank!on May 26, 2016
One Simple Vote Just Cost Anthony Davis A TON Of Moneyon May 26, 2016
Mark Cuban Says He's Open To Becoming Hillary Clinton's–Or Donald Trump's–Running Mate!on May 27, 2016
Phil Mickelson Shoots Even Par in Insider Trading Caseon May 27, 2016
Family Of Late Baseball Superstar Tony Gwynn Suing Tobacco Giant, Altria Groupon May 27, 2016
Johnny Depp Doesn't Want to Give Amber Heard a Dime Of His $400 Million Net Worthon May 27, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Billionaire Investor Peter Thiel Admits to Funding Hulk Hogan's Suit Against GawkerPeter Thiel, the Silicon Valley billionaire who co-founded PayPal and was one of Facebook's earliest investors, admitted to funding Hulk Hogan's suit against Gawker. Why is he helping the wrestler win?
- Malaysian Teen Spends Her Accidental Fortune on Designer Clothes and AccessoriesHow did one Malaysian student go through the millions of dollars that her bank accidentally transferred into her account? Designer duds – and lots of them.
- Meet John Catsimatidis: Billionaire Grocery Store Mogul Who Is Making A Play For North American Oil IndependenceJohn Catsimatidis built a $2.3 billion fortune from one $10,000 grocery store. If he can end the U.S. dependency on Saudi Arabian oil, he will have cemented his legacy for generations to come.
- New Panama Papers Leak Revels Billionaire George Soros's Link To Weapons And Intelligence DealingsThe Panama Papers reveal that George Soros's Soros Capital set up an offshore company in the Cayman Islands so that it could invest with the Carlyle Group alongside members of the Bin Laden family.