Sugar Ray Leonard net worth: Sugar Ray Leonard is an American retired professional boxer, motivational speaker who has a net worth of $120 million. Sugar Ray Leonard built his net worth boxing and considered one of the best of all time, winning titles in five weight divisions. He was born in Wilmington, North Carolina and named after the singer Ray Charles. Sugar Ray Leonard took home world titles in five different weight divisions and retired with the accolade Boxer of the Decade for the 1980s. Born in 1956, in Rocky Mount, NC, he grew up in the areas of Washington, D.C. and Maryland. At the early age of 14 he made his beginnings in boxing at a local recreation center, and even then Leonard excelled as a fighter. Over the course of his professional career he has established himself as a fierce contender and earned the nickname "Sugar Ray" after the man who was thought to be the greatest boxer of all time, Sugar Ray Robinson. Having notched up victories over the likes of Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns and Marvin Hagler, he soon went on to become the first boxer to win title belts in five different weight classes, a long-standing world record. After many retirements and subsequent comebacks, Leonard finally retired for good in 1997 when he suffered a bitter loss to Hector "Macho" Camacho. From there, he continued to build a career of another kind as a commentator for NBC, ABC, HBO, and ESPN, which helped him land endorsement deals with companies such as EA Sports, Ford, Nabisco, and Coca-Cola. What's more, he cultivated a substantial acting career, appearing in movies like Riot and The Fighter, and participating on reality shows like Celebrity Ghost Stories and Dancing With the Stars. 2011 saw the publishing of his autobiography, The Big Fight: My Life In and Out of the Ring.
Sugar Ray Leonard Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Sugar Ray Leonard against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Sugar Ray Leonard
Date of Birth
May 17, 1956 (59 years old)
Professional Boxer, Actor
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
159 lbs (72.12 kg)
Ray Charles Leonard, Ray C. Leonard, Ray Leonard, Shugâ Rei Renâdo
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
How A Mediocre Baseball Player Ended Up Making MILLIONS Off Upper Deck Baseball Cardson Feb 12, 2016
Jackie Chan Drops $20 Million On A Gorgeous New Private Jeton Feb 12, 2016
How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail Tycoonon Feb 11, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
Why Do Billionaires And Celebrities Descend On St. Barts To Escape The Cold Every Year?on Feb 12, 2016
From Wrongfully Locked Up For 34 Years To Millionaire: The Kash Register Storyon Feb 11, 2016
These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!on Feb 11, 2016
Led Zeppelin Members Plead Lack Of Memory In Stunning Stairway To Heaven Plagirism Lawsuiton Feb 12, 2016
Ferrari Enzo Almost Completely Destroyed In Crazy Wreck Is Now Worth Three Times As Muchon Feb 12, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Ciara Sues Future Files $15 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend FutureCiara is suing Future for an amount that it doesn't look like he would even be able to pay if she wins. Check out the details here.
- Fight With Equipment Manager Will Cost Blake Griffin $859,442Blake Griffin has been out of the Clippers lineup with a quadriceps injury, will miss more time as he recovers from a broken hand, and it looks like he will miss a few more games and lose close to $900K for beating up the team's equipment manager.
- How Much Would You Pay For A Picture Of A Potato? I Hope Not This Much!Johnny Depp; Yoko Ono; Bob Geldof; Dustin Hoffman: for one photographer, they're all mere child's play, compared to a potato.
- Billionaire Roundup: Valentine's Day EditionIt is another week and our favorite billionaires (and millionaires) are out and about in the world doing what they do best: spending money and running their mouths....let's take a look at what they've been up to.