Sugar Ray Leonard net worth: Sugar Ray Leonard is an American retired professional boxer, motivational speaker who has a net worth of $120 million. Sugar Ray Leonard built his net worth boxing and considered one of the best of all time, winning titles in five weight divisions. He was born in Wilmington, North Carolina and named after the singer Ray Charles. Sugar Ray Leonard took home world titles in five different weight divisions and retired with the accolade Boxer of the Decade for the 1980s. Born in 1956, in Rocky Mount, NC, he grew up in the areas of Washington, D.C. and Maryland. At the early age of 14 he made his beginnings in boxing at a local recreation center, and even then Leonard excelled as a fighter. Over the course of his professional career he has established himself as a fierce contender and earned the nickname "Sugar Ray" after the man who was thought to be the greatest boxer of all time, Sugar Ray Robinson. Having notched up victories over the likes of Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns and Marvin Hagler, he soon went on to become the first boxer to win title belts in five different weight classes, a long-standing world record. After many retirements and subsequent comebacks, Leonard finally retired for good in 1997 when he suffered a bitter loss to Hector "Macho" Camacho. From there, he continued to build a career of another kind as a commentator for NBC, ABC, HBO, and ESPN, which helped him land endorsement deals with companies such as EA Sports, Ford, Nabisco, and Coca-Cola. What's more, he cultivated a substantial acting career, appearing in movies like Riot and The Fighter, and participating on reality shows like Celebrity Ghost Stories and Dancing With the Stars. 2011 saw the publishing of his autobiography, The Big Fight: My Life In and Out of the Ring.
Sugar Ray Leonard Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Sugar Ray Leonard against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Sugar Ray Leonard
Date of Birth
May 17, 1956 (59 years old)
Professional Boxer, Actor
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
159 lbs (72.12 kg)
Ray Charles Leonard, Ray C. Leonard, Ray Leonard, Shugâ Rei Renâdo
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Five Wealthiest Drug Lords Of All Timeon Nov 23, 2015
Billionaire Roundup: All The Turkeys That Are Fit For Stuffingon Nov 26, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
How Martin Selig Escaped Nazi Germany, Reshaped The City's Skyline And Became A Billionaireon Nov 27, 2015
BMW Showoff Vs. Side Of Mountain. Who You Got?on Nov 27, 2015
Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini Huracánon Nov 27, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Derek Jeter And 50 Cent Are At The Center Of A Lawsuit Over UnderwearAn underwear company is suing Derek Jeter, and somehow 50 Cent is involved...
- Dodgers Give 18-Year-Old Cuban Prospect Yusniel Diaz $15.5 Million BonusThe Dodgers are not scared to spend money, so when they decided they really wanted Cuban prospect Yasniel Diaz, they made sure they got him by offering him a $15.5 million bonus.
- Former MLB Great Lenny Dykstra Suing Police For $15 Million Over Alleged BeatingAt one time, Lenny Dykstra was a former World Series champion loved and adored by millions of fans. Now he is a former felon suing the county of Los Angeles for $15 million claiming he suffered brain damage during a jail beating.
- This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3Millionaires who want to be sure to survive anything that comes their way can purchase an underground bunker in Georgia for $17.5 million!