Clinton Portis net worth and salary: Clinton Portis is a retired American football player who has a net worth of -$5 million. Clinton Portis is most famous for his time playing for the Washington Redskins where he was a starting running back for seven seasons. Mississippi-born Portis started his football career at University of Miami, where he became the second freshman to start at running back. Portis set the school freshman record with five 100-yard performances. However his sophomore season wasn't as successful and he lost his job to a teammate named James Jackson. In 2001, Portis came fighting back and he led his team to winning a national championship. A year later Portis was picked up by Denver Broncos in the second round of 2002 NFL Draft. At the age of 22, Portis became the youngest player to have scored five touchdowns in a game. Before the 2004 season, Portis was traded to the Redskins, who offered him an eight-year contract worth $50.5 million. During the 2006 season, Portis raise eyebrows as he broke the Redskins' record for the most rushing yard in a season (with 1,516 yards), making him the third player in the league history to have run over 1,500 yards in three seasons. Furthermore, during the 2008 season, Portis (along with O.J. Simpson) became the only player in history to have rushed for at least 120 yards in five consecutive games. However this came to abrupt end when he succumb several injuries, which led to his departure from the Redskins in 2011.
Clinton Portis Net Worth
American football player
Date of Birth
Sep 1, 1981 (34 years old)
American football player, Athlete
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)
223 lbs (101.15 kg)
Clinton Earl Portis
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling Ringon Jun 27, 2016
"Clash of Clans" Sold For $8.6 Billion To Chinese Internet Firmon Jun 26, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
Folk Rocker David Crosby To Pay $3 Million To Jogger He Hit With Caron Jun 27, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Clinton Portis Earnings
Click to Expand
- Washington Redskins (2009-10)$1,252,280
- Washington Redskins (2008-09)$10,434,940
- Washington Redskins (2007-08)$4,500,000
- Washington Redskins (2006-07)$3,885,000
- Washington Redskins (2005-06)$455,000
- Washington Redskins (2004-05)$13,380,000
- Denver Broncos (2003-04)$300,000
- Denver Broncos (2002-03)$1,515,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Travis Boersma's Dutch Bros. Coffee Turns 'Bro-istas' Into FranchiseesWhat makes Dutch Bros. Coffee different from other coffee franchises? Founder Travis Boersma's deep commitment to his customers.
- SoftBank CEO Nikesh Arora Steps Down For Masayoshi SonWhy is Masayoshi coming back as leader of SoftBank after offering the job to Arora? What does he have planned?
- Rock On! Led Zeppelin Found Innocent Of Plagiarism ChargesThey're innocent! After a lengthy legal battle, legendary rock band Led Zeppelin was recently found not guilty of plagiarizing the opening riff to its iconic Stairway to Heaven song from a lesser-known band.
- Tunisian Billionaire Disappears Before He Can Be Deported To Face Prison Time In Home CountryBelhassen Trabelsi is a Tunisian billionaire refugee and he is missing. It turns out that his missing status is quite convenient, as he was about to be deported from Canada, to face charges back at home.