Clinton Portis net worth and salary: Clinton Portis is a retired American football player who has a net worth of -$5 million. Clinton Portis is most famous for his time playing for the Washington Redskins where he was a starting running back for seven seasons. Mississippi-born Portis started his football career at University of Miami, where he became the second freshman to start at running back. Portis set the school freshman record with five 100-yard performances. However his sophomore season wasn't as successful and he lost his job to a teammate named James Jackson. In 2001, Portis came fighting back and he led his team to winning a national championship. A year later Portis was picked up by Denver Broncos in the second round of 2002 NFL Draft. At the age of 22, Portis became the youngest player to have scored five touchdowns in a game. Before the 2004 season, Portis was traded to the Redskins, who offered him an eight-year contract worth $50.5 million. During the 2006 season, Portis raise eyebrows as he broke the Redskins' record for the most rushing yard in a season (with 1,516 yards), making him the third player in the league history to have run over 1,500 yards in three seasons. Furthermore, during the 2008 season, Portis (along with O.J. Simpson) became the only player in history to have rushed for at least 120 yards in five consecutive games. However this came to abrupt end when he succumb several injuries, which led to his departure from the Redskins in 2011.
Clinton Portis Net Worth
American football player
Date of Birth
Sep 1, 1981 (34 years old)
American football player, Athlete
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)
223 lbs (101.15 kg)
Clinton Earl Portis
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
How A Mediocre Baseball Player Ended Up Making MILLIONS Off Upper Deck Baseball Cardson Feb 12, 2016
Jackie Chan Drops $20 Million On A Gorgeous New Private Jeton Feb 12, 2016
How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail Tycoonon Feb 11, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
Why Do Billionaires And Celebrities Descend On St. Barts To Escape The Cold Every Year?on Feb 12, 2016
From Wrongfully Locked Up For 34 Years To Millionaire: The Kash Register Storyon Feb 11, 2016
The Saudi Royal Family Gave The Malaysian Prime Minister $700 Million Cash... Just For Funsies!on Feb 11, 2016
Led Zeppelin Members Plead Lack Of Memory In Stunning Stairway To Heaven Plagirism Lawsuiton Feb 12, 2016
Ferrari Enzo Almost Completely Destroyed In Crazy Wreck Is Now Worth Three Times As Muchon Feb 12, 2016
Clinton Portis Earnings
Click to Expand
- Washington Redskins (2009-10)$1,252,280
- Washington Redskins (2008-09)$10,434,940
- Washington Redskins (2007-08)$4,500,000
- Washington Redskins (2006-07)$3,885,000
- Washington Redskins (2005-06)$455,000
- Washington Redskins (2004-05)$13,380,000
- Denver Broncos (2003-04)$300,000
- Denver Broncos (2002-03)$1,515,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- How Rich Are The Supreme Court Justices?What are the salaries and net worths of each of the United States Supreme Court Justices?
- Ciara Sues Future Files $15 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend FutureCiara is suing Future for an amount that it doesn't look like he would even be able to pay if she wins. Check out the details here.
- Fight With Equipment Manager Will Cost Blake Griffin $859,442Blake Griffin has been out of the Clippers lineup with a quadriceps injury, will miss more time as he recovers from a broken hand, and it looks like he will miss a few more games and lose close to $900K for beating up the team's equipment manager.
- How Much Would You Pay For A Picture Of A Potato? I Hope Not This Much!Johnny Depp; Yoko Ono; Bob Geldof; Dustin Hoffman: for one photographer, they're all mere child's play, compared to a potato.