Willie Mays net worth: Willie Mays is a former American baseball player who has a net worth of $3 million dollars. Born in Westfield, Alabama, Willie Mays showed athletic promise in multiple sports, setting high school records in football and basketball, as well as excelling on the baseball field. While still in high school, he began playing for the Negro American League, first with the Chattanooga Choo-Choos, and then with the Birmingham Black Barons. He was recruited by multiple Major League teams over the next few years, and ultimately signed with the New York Giants in 1951. After proving himself in minor league play, he was invited to play in his first Major League game in May of 1951. He went on to an incredibly distinguished sports career playing the majority of his career with the Giants, and then his final season with the New York Mets. He is a 24-time All-Star, a 12-time Gold Glove Award Winner, and he holds the record for the most outfield putouts in Major League history with 7,095. He retired in 1973. A book about his life entitled, "Willie Mays: The Life, The Legend", was published in 2010.
Willie Mays Net Worth
Date of Birth
May 6, 1931 (85 years old)
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.8034 m)
180 lbs (81.6466 kg)
Willie Howard Mays, Jr., Say Hey Kid, Willie Howard Mays, Buck
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA Historyon Jun 25, 2016
Willie Mays Earnings
Click to Expand
- New York Mets (1973-74)$165,000
- San Francisco Giants (1972-73)$165,000
- San Francisco Giants (1971-72)$160,000
- San Francisco Giants (1970-71)$125,000
- San Francisco Giants (1969-70)$125,000
- San Francisco Giants (1968-69)$105,000
- San Francisco Giants (1967-68)$105,000
- San Francisco Giants (1966-67)$105,000
- San Francisco Giants (1965-66)$90,000
- San Francisco Giants (1964-65)$85,000
- San Francisco Giants (1963-64)$80,000
- San Francisco Giants (1962-63)$75,000
- San Francisco Giants (1961-62)$75,000
- San Francisco Giants (1960-61)$150,000
- San Francisco Giants (1959-60)$160,000
- San Francisco Giants (1958-59)$50,000
- New York Giants (1957-58)$50,000
- New York Giants (1956-57)$30,000
- New York Giants (1955-56)$12,500
- New York Giants (1954-55)$12,500
- New York Giants (1952-53)$12,500
- New York Giants (1951-52)$7,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned BigSwiss bank Credit Suisse is handling major losses, so how did Sergio Machado earn $14 million?
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.