Willie Mays net worth: Willie Mays is a former American baseball player who has a net worth of $3 million dollars. Born in Westfield, Alabama, Willie Mays showed athletic promise in multiple sports, setting high school records in football and basketball, as well as excelling on the baseball field. While still in high school, he began playing for the Negro American League, first with the Chattanooga Choo-Choos, and then with the Birmingham Black Barons. He was recruited by multiple Major League teams over the next few years, and ultimately signed with the New York Giants in 1951. After proving himself in minor league play, he was invited to play in his first Major League game in May of 1951. He went on to an incredibly distinguished sports career playing the majority of his career with the Giants, and then his final season with the New York Mets. He is a 24-time All-Star, a 12-time Gold Glove Award Winner, and he holds the record for the most outfield putouts in Major League history with 7,095. He retired in 1973. A book about his life entitled, "Willie Mays: The Life, The Legend", was published in 2010.
Willie Mays Net Worth
Date of Birth
May 6, 1931 (85 years old)
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.8034 m)
180 lbs (81.6466 kg)
Willie Howard Mays, Jr., Say Hey Kid, Willie Howard Mays, Buck
Johnny Depp Doesn't Want to Give Amber Heard a Dime Of His $400 Million Net Worthon May 27, 2016
Inside Barack And Michelle Obama's New $5.3M Post-Presidential Mansionon May 27, 2016
Kim Kardashian's Stylist Makes An Insane Amount Of Money Every Yearon May 27, 2016
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It Insteadon May 26, 2016
The Rise Of Technology Has Created A New Era Of Super-Wealthy Americanson May 26, 2016
One Simple Vote Just Cost Anthony Davis A TON Of Moneyon May 26, 2016
Florida Judge Upholds Hulk Hogan's $140 Million Gawker Judgmenton May 25, 2016
British Artists Made More Money Off Of Vinyl Sales Than From YouTube Streamingon May 26, 2016
Willie Mays Earnings
Click to Expand
- New York Mets (1973-74)$165,000
- San Francisco Giants (1972-73)$165,000
- San Francisco Giants (1971-72)$160,000
- San Francisco Giants (1970-71)$125,000
- San Francisco Giants (1969-70)$125,000
- San Francisco Giants (1968-69)$105,000
- San Francisco Giants (1967-68)$105,000
- San Francisco Giants (1966-67)$105,000
- San Francisco Giants (1965-66)$90,000
- San Francisco Giants (1964-65)$85,000
- San Francisco Giants (1963-64)$80,000
- San Francisco Giants (1962-63)$75,000
- San Francisco Giants (1961-62)$75,000
- San Francisco Giants (1960-61)$150,000
- San Francisco Giants (1959-60)$160,000
- San Francisco Giants (1958-59)$50,000
- New York Giants (1957-58)$50,000
- New York Giants (1956-57)$30,000
- New York Giants (1955-56)$12,500
- New York Giants (1954-55)$12,500
- New York Giants (1952-53)$12,500
- New York Giants (1951-52)$7,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Phil Mickelson Shoots Even Par in Insider Trading CasePhil Mickelson narrowly escaped criminal charges from insider trading allegations made by the SEC, but still owes over $1 million in fines.
- Mark Cuban Says He's Open To Becoming Hillary Clinton's–Or Donald Trump's–Running Mate!Mark Cuban is surprisingly open to the idea of running for vice-president ... for either Trump or Clinton.
- Family Of Late Baseball Superstar Tony Gwynn Suing Tobacco Giant, Altria GroupThe family of late San Diego baseball star Tony Gwynn blames tobacco industry for his death and files lawsuit against Altria Group.
- Why Did Donald Trump Receive a Tax Break For NYC Residents Who Make Less Than $500k?Donald Trump claims to earn a multi-millionaire-dollar income and have a multi-billionaire-dollar worth. But he received AND pocketed a $300 tax break for NYC residents who make less than $500k.