Willie Mays net worth: Willie Mays is a former American baseball player who has a net worth of $3 million dollars. Born in Westfield, Alabama, Willie Mays showed athletic promise in multiple sports, setting high school records in football and basketball, as well as excelling on the baseball field. While still in high school, he began playing for the Negro American League, first with the Chattanooga Choo-Choos, and then with the Birmingham Black Barons. He was recruited by multiple Major League teams over the next few years, and ultimately signed with the New York Giants in 1951. After proving himself in minor league play, he was invited to play in his first Major League game in May of 1951. He went on to an incredibly distinguished sports career playing the majority of his career with the Giants, and then his final season with the New York Mets. He is a 24-time All-Star, a 12-time Gold Glove Award Winner, and he holds the record for the most outfield putouts in Major League history with 7,095. He retired in 1973. A book about his life entitled, "Willie Mays: The Life, The Legend", was published in 2010.
Willie Mays Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
May 6, 1931
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.8034 m)
180 lbs (81.6466 kg)
Willie Howard Mays, Jr., Say Hey Kid, Willie Howard Mays, Buck
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
50 Cent Agrees To Re-List Connecticut Mansion As Part Of Bankruptcy Filingon Aug 27, 2015
Fetty Wap Keeps Destroying Music Records...on Aug 27, 2015
Top 10 Athletes Turned Entrepreneurson Aug 28, 2015
$390 Million Worth Of Deals Were Just Transacted At Monterey Car Weekon Aug 29, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's $5 Million Album Hasn't Been Purchased Yeton Aug 28, 2015
Mind-Boggling Beverly Hills Estate Hits The Market For $135 Millionon Aug 27, 2015
Music Executives Love Taylor Swift, Hate Rap Music, And Think Tidal Will Failon Aug 28, 2015
How Jamie Siminoff Turned 'Shark Tank' Loss Into A $28 Million Winon Aug 28, 2015
The Real Life Story Behind N.W.A. Manager Jerry Helleron Aug 28, 2015
Willie Mays Earnings
Click to Expand
- New York Mets (1973-74)$165,000
- San Francisco Giants (1972-73)$165,000
- San Francisco Giants (1971-72)$160,000
- San Francisco Giants (1970-71)$125,000
- San Francisco Giants (1969-70)$125,000
- San Francisco Giants (1968-69)$105,000
- San Francisco Giants (1967-68)$105,000
- San Francisco Giants (1966-67)$105,000
- San Francisco Giants (1965-66)$90,000
- San Francisco Giants (1964-65)$85,000
- San Francisco Giants (1963-64)$80,000
- San Francisco Giants (1962-63)$75,000
- San Francisco Giants (1961-62)$75,000
- San Francisco Giants (1960-61)$150,000
- San Francisco Giants (1959-60)$160,000
- San Francisco Giants (1958-59)$50,000
- New York Giants (1957-58)$50,000
- New York Giants (1956-57)$30,000
- New York Giants (1955-56)$12,500
- New York Giants (1954-55)$12,500
- New York Giants (1952-53)$12,500
- New York Giants (1951-52)$7,500
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- China's Richest Man Just Lost $3.6 Billion In One DayThe new richest person in China, Wang Jianlin, just lost $3.6 billion in one day, but it may not hurt him too much in the long run.
- A Subway Franchisee Claims Subway Knew About Jared Fogle's Interest In Kids For Years, But Did Nothing About ItSubway's spokesperson for 15 years did some despicable things. How long did the company know about his actions?
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The Ferrari LaFerrariThe Ferrari LaFerrari is truly an amazing car and ranks as the 9th most expensive car in the world at $1.4 million.
- Rapper T.I. On The Hook For $4.5 Million In Unpaid TaxesT.I. is under fire for owing millions in taxes. Get the details here!