Larry Silverstein net worth: Larry Silverstein is an American businessman who has a net worth of $3.5 billion. A real estate developer and investor, Larry Silverstein is most widely known as the developer who purchased The World Trade Center on July 24, 2001, a month and a half before the complex was destroyed in the 9/11 attack. He is also the developer for a number of other properties in New York and the District of Columbia. Larry A. Silverstein was born in Brooklyn, New York in May 1931. Silverstein graduated from New York University in 1952 and then went to Brooklyn Law School. With his father and brother-in-law Larry started Silverstein Properties and bought a building in Manhattan. He bought more real estate in Midtown and Lower Manhattan after going out on his own. He sold a building to Coca-Cola in 1983 for $57.6 million, turning a profit of over $46 million. His buildings housed tenants such as the National Urban League and the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America. He won a bid to construct 7 World Trade Center from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in 1980. His company won a bid for the lease of the World Trade Center in 2001. The September 11, 2001 attacks led to a dispute with his insurance company regarding his intent to rebuild. He retained the rights to 150, 175 and 200 Greenwich Street, but One World Trade Center would go on to be owned by the Port Authority. Silverstein was a developer of the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C.
Larry Silverstein Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Larry Silverstein against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Businessperson, Real estate development, Real Estate Broker
United States of America
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
Floyd Mayweather Drops Almost $5 Million On Extremely Limited Hypercaron Aug 26, 2015
Rapper T.I. On The Hook For $4.5 Million In Unpaid Taxeson Aug 28, 2015
50 Cent Agrees To Re-List Connecticut Mansion As Part Of Bankruptcy Filingon Aug 27, 2015
Would You Accept $3 Million To Perform At A Wedding? Not If Your Name Is Taylor Swift...on Aug 27, 2015
Dr. Dre's 'Compton' Album Sales Dip 85% In A Week... And We May Know The Reason Whyon Aug 26, 2015
Mind-Boggling Beverly Hills Estate Hits The Market For $135 Millionon Aug 27, 2015
Top 10 Athletes Turned Entrepreneurson Aug 28, 2015
The Real Life Story Behind N.W.A. Manager Jerry Helleron Aug 28, 2015
Michael Jordan Has Zero Influence On Who Wears His Shoes, And The Reason Why Is Kind Of Strange...on Aug 27, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The Ferrari LaFerrariThe Ferrari LaFerrari is truly an amazing car and ranks as the 9th most expensive car in the world at $1.4 million.
- Buffalo Bills Could Soon Have Over $250 Million In Contracts On The Defensive FrontBetween the three, that's a total of $163.3 million in contracts. If the team wants to keep Marcell Dareus in the fold, they are going to have to pay him a bundle. Rumor has it they are willing to do so, and have offered him a six-year deal worth $90 million.
- Fetty Wap Keeps Destroying Music Records...Fetty Wap is continuing to set the charts on fire, and his latest accomplishment shouldn't be a surprise to you...
- Would You Pay $5.2 Million For Michael Moore's Lake House? Check It Out!When the three main features of the property are 300 feet of lake frontage, size and more size, $5.2 million sounds like remarkable pricing for Michael Moore's former mansion...