Alain & Gerard Wertheimer net worth: Brothers Alain & Gerard Wertheimer are owners of the French luxury brand Chanel who have a net worth of $9.1 billion each. The high fashion brand was founded back in 1909, by their grandfather Pierre Wertheimer and his partner Gabrielle (Coco) Chanel, the company's namesake. Eventually, Pierre took Chanel entirely in his possession, buying his early partner out. Apart from clothing, the privately held company sells perfume, make-up, jewelry, watches and other fashion accessories. US-based Alain serves as the chairman of the company, while Gerard, who lives in Switzerland, leads the division of watches. In addition to Chanel, they possess two French vineyards, Rauzan-Ségla in Margaux and Chateau Canon in Saint-Emilion. Alain and Gerard also own thoroughbreds horses, including stallions, which have won such races as the French Derby and the Breeders' Cup Turf in the US. With an estimated net worth at $8 billion in March 2013, Forbes ranked them as #145 among the richest in the world and #5 among the wealthiest in France. The two brothers keep their private lives under wraps and don't give interviews to the press.
Alain & Gerard Wertheimer Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Alain & Gerard Wertheimer against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Here's Exactly How Much Kobe Bryant Made From Salary And Endorsements During His Entire Careeron Dec 1, 2015
10 People Just Paid An Insane Amount Of Money For A Pair Of Eminem's Latest Nike Air Jordanson Dec 1, 2015
For A Guy Who Is "Bankrupt," 50 Cent Sure Keeps A Lot Of Cash Lying Around The House...on Nov 30, 2015
How Much Would You Pay To Have Unlimited Flights Around The World Forever?on Dec 1, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
Competency Of Viacom Billionaire Called Into Question In Epic And Salacious Courtroom Showdownon Dec 1, 2015
5-Hour Energy Drink Billionaire Is Using His Billions And His Brains To Save The World In A Few Very Unique Wayson Dec 1, 2015
After Gathering Dust In A Barn For 40 Years, A Classic Bentley Owned By James Bond Writer Ian Fleming Is Now For Saleon Dec 1, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'on Nov 28, 2015
How Armstrong Williams Became A Media Mogul And The Largest Black TV Channel Owner In The USon Nov 30, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Announce Staggering Wealth Donation In Honor Of Daughter's BirthMark Zuckerberg and his physician wife Priscilla Chan announced the birth of their daughter Max today (Tuesday). They also committed to an enormous donation...
- The First Lamborghini Model Ever Made Is Now Selling For $1 MillionLamborghini has become one of the best known brands in luxury cars, but the company started off slowly before making some of the fastest cars available.
- A Brazilian Senator And A Billionaire CEO Were Just Arrested On Corruption ChargesIt's not a great time to be getting kickbacks in Brazil, and it's not a great time to be the one making the kickbacks, either.
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire Chuck Feeney Donates $177 Million To Dementia ResearchBillionaire Chuck Feeney has made a career out of being a pretty amazing human being. His "Giving While Living" philosophy has led him to give away 99% of his once $7.5 billion fortune so far. Now, Feeney has made another astoundingly large donation...