Dale Murphy Net Worth: Dale Murphy is a former Major League Baseball player who has a net worth of $15 million. Born Dale Bryan Murphy on March 12, 1956, in Portland, Oregon, he has served as an outfielder and first baseman. Throughout his 18-year active baseball career (1976-1993), he had the chance to play for three different teams, starting with the Atlanta Braves. He was drafted by the Braves as the 5th overall pick in the 1974 draft, and embarked on his major league career with a nineteen game stint catching with the team two years later. Initially, he played mostly first base and then he switched to the outfield in 1980, a move that bring him a decade of highly productive play in the National League. Even though he began in left field, shortly after he shifted to center field, the position at which he would earn his greatest success. By 1982, Murphy has transformed from a bench-riding catcher into an All-Star MVP outfielder who appeared in each of Atlanta's 162 games. 1982 was definitely the most decorated year of Murphy's career, as he won his first of five consecutive Gold Gloves, as well as the first MVP Award by a Brave since Hank Aaron in 1957. Actually, the whole period from 1982 to 1986 was marked by Murphy's remarkable play, each year winning a Gold Glove, appearing in the All-Star Game, and being placed in the top ten in MVP voting. Following this "golden period," Murphy's production began a harsh slide downward. This made the Braves trade Murphy after fifteen seasons to the Philadelphia Phillies in 1990. After his three mostly uneventful seasons with the Phillies, Murphy ended his career with a season for the Colorado Rockies in 1993. Following his retirement from the sport, he continued leading acting life in various fields ranging from politics (he considered a run for Utah governor in 2004) to supporting manifold charities and non-profit organizations. What's more, he will be the 1st base coach for the USA team in the 2013 World Baseball Classic.
Dale Murphy Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Mar 12, 1956 (60 years old)
United States of America
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up Soros For Successon Jun 25, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Dale Murphy Earnings
Click to Expand
- Colorado Rockies (1992-93)$200,000
- Philadelphia Phillies (1991-92)$2,500,000
- Philadelphia Phillies (1990-91)$2,500,000
- Atlanta Braves (1989-90)$2,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1988-89)$2,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1987-88)$2,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1986-87)$1,925,000
- Atlanta Braves (1985-86)$1,825,000
- Atlanta Braves (1984-85)$1,625,000
- Atlanta Braves (1983-84)$1,500,000
- Atlanta Braves (1982-83)$1,300,000
- Atlanta Braves (1980-81)$400,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA HistoryThe good times continue in Cleveland after the Cavaliers brought home the city's first championship in more than half a century – retailers, especially, are smiling.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.