Dale Murphy Net Worth: Dale Murphy is a former Major League Baseball player who has a net worth of $15 million. Born Dale Bryan Murphy on March 12, 1956, in Portland, Oregon, he has served as an outfielder and first baseman. Throughout his 18-year active baseball career (1976-1993), he had the chance to play for three different teams, starting with the Atlanta Braves. He was drafted by the Braves as the 5th overall pick in the 1974 draft, and embarked on his major league career with a nineteen game stint catching with the team two years later. Initially, he played mostly first base and then he switched to the outfield in 1980, a move that bring him a decade of highly productive play in the National League. Even though he began in left field, shortly after he shifted to center field, the position at which he would earn his greatest success. By 1982, Murphy has transformed from a bench-riding catcher into an All-Star MVP outfielder who appeared in each of Atlanta's 162 games. 1982 was definitely the most decorated year of Murphy's career, as he won his first of five consecutive Gold Gloves, as well as the first MVP Award by a Brave since Hank Aaron in 1957. Actually, the whole period from 1982 to 1986 was marked by Murphy's remarkable play, each year winning a Gold Glove, appearing in the All-Star Game, and being placed in the top ten in MVP voting. Following this "golden period," Murphy's production began a harsh slide downward. This made the Braves trade Murphy after fifteen seasons to the Philadelphia Phillies in 1990. After his three mostly uneventful seasons with the Phillies, Murphy ended his career with a season for the Colorado Rockies in 1993. Following his retirement from the sport, he continued leading acting life in various fields ranging from politics (he considered a run for Utah governor in 2004) to supporting manifold charities and non-profit organizations. What's more, he will be the 1st base coach for the USA team in the 2013 World Baseball Classic.
Dale Murphy Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Mar 12, 1956 (59 years old)
United States of America
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
David Bowie's Will Revealed – Here's Who Inherits His $230 Million Estateon Feb 2, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Spent $3.5 Million To Lock Down The 2017 Bugatti Chironon Feb 1, 2016
The President's Million Dollar Buson Feb 5, 2016
The Owners Of The Denver Broncos Have Had An Insanely Good Return On Their Investment!on Feb 5, 2016
Lawyers Submit $100 Million Bill For Managing Leona Helmsley's Estateon Feb 5, 2016
The First New Acura NSX Just Sold For Over $1 Millionon Feb 5, 2016
Dale Murphy Earnings
Click to Expand
- Colorado Rockies (1992-93)$200,000
- Philadelphia Phillies (1991-92)$2,500,000
- Philadelphia Phillies (1990-91)$2,500,000
- Atlanta Braves (1989-90)$2,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1988-89)$2,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1987-88)$2,000,000
- Atlanta Braves (1986-87)$1,925,000
- Atlanta Braves (1985-86)$1,825,000
- Atlanta Braves (1984-85)$1,625,000
- Atlanta Braves (1983-84)$1,500,000
- Atlanta Braves (1982-83)$1,300,000
- Atlanta Braves (1980-81)$400,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Martin Shkreli's E*Trade Account Has Plummeted In ValueThe E*Trade account of disgraced pharmaceutical executive, Martin Shkreli, which he used to post bail in December, has plummeted in value. Could his freedom be at risk?
- Billionaire Roundup: Trump Is Subject Of Erotic Novel; Sheldon Adelson Tightens The Reigns And More Billionaire ShenanigansThere is an erotic novel about Donald Trump and it is a huge hit on Amazon. Find out about this and other billionaire shenanigans in this week's Billionaire Roundup.
- Top 10 Grossing Arcade Games Of All TimeThe video game industry has developed into a $91.2 billion industry worldwide, but was once dominated by arcade games that made money one quarter at a time. The amount of money some of them generated is absolutely amazing.
- Novak Djokovic Is About To Ace Roger Federer's On-Court Earnings RecordNovak Djokovic is at the top of the tennis world right now, and his next victory will likely give him a milestone no other player before him has ever been.