Lindsey Buckingham Net Worth

How much is Lindsey Buckingham Worth?

in Richest CelebritiesRock Stars
Lindsey Buckingham Net Worth:
$160 Million

Lindsey Buckingham net worth: Lindsey Buckingham is an American guitarist, singer, composer and producer who has a net worth of $160 million. Lindsey Buckingham is probably most famous for being the guitarist and male lead-singer for the band Fleetwood Mac.

Buckingham was born in Palto Alto, California, on October 3, 1949. Buckingham started playing music on a toy Mickey Mouse guitar before teaching himself how to play without knowing how to read music. His parents eventually bought him a $35 guitar and his real passion soon began to bloom. Lindsey started singing professionally with his girlfriend at the time, Stevie Nicks. In 1972 the produced several demos and within a year signed a record deal with Polydor Records. They were dropped from the label after their first album "Buckingham Nicks" performed poorly. One day, the duo was discovered accidentally by musician Mick Fleetwood at Sound City recording studio. They eventually joined Mick's band, Fleetwood Mac. Over the next several decades, Fleetwood Mac would go on to sell more than 100 million albums worldwide. Lindsey stayed with the band from 1975 to 1987. He then rejoined the band in 1997 and stayed with the group until he was unceremoniously fired in 2018. Outside of Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey has released nine solo albums and three DVDs and several live compilation albums of his performances. Lindsey has three children with his wife Kristen Messner.

Real Estate: In January 2018, Lindsey Buckingham listed his 11,000 square foot Los Angeles mansion for $22 million. He bought the property in 2013 for $6 million and proceeded to remodel the Georgian-style, three story mansion. This house eventually sold for $19 million. In April 2019 Lindsey listed a different Brentwood mansion for $29.5 million. He and his wife Kristen, an interior designer, bought the double lot in 2004 for $6.6 million and proceeded to build a custom 10,000 square foot mansion. In the meantime they had been constructing a new mansion, also in Brentwood.

Fleetwood Mac Earnings: In October 2018, seven months after being fired from the band, Lindsey filed a lawsuit against the remaining members of Fleetwood Mac. In his lawsuit, he claimed that he was fired without cause and without explanation after agreeing to postpone his own plans for a solo tour and album which had been a conflict. He further asserted that by getting fired he lost out on $12-14 million that he would have earned from a contract with Live Nation for a future tour.

Catalog Sale: In 2012 Lindsey sold 25% of his music catalog to a company called Kobalt for an estimated $30 million. In September 2020 Kobalt was acquired by Hipgnosis Songs Fund for $323 million. In January 2021, Lindsey agreed to sell his remaining 75% stake in his catalog to Kobalt to Hipgnosis for an undisclosed amount that has been estimated at $60-80 million. The sale gave Hipgnosis 100% of Lindsey's rights to royalties and license fees earned from songs like "Go Your Own Way" and "The Chain".

Lindsey Buckingham Net Worth

Lindsey Buckingham

Net Worth:$160 Million
Date of Birth:Oct 3, 1949 (71 years old)
Gender:Male
Height:5 ft 9 in (1.77 m)
Profession:Singer, Record producer, Guitarist, Singer-songwriter, Songwriter, Musician
Nationality:United States of America
Last Updated:2021
All net worths are calculated using data drawn from public sources. When provided, we also incorporate private tips and feedback received from the celebrities or their representatives. While we work diligently to ensure that our numbers are as accurate as possible, unless otherwise indicated they are only estimates. We welcome all corrections and feedback using the button below.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!
Submit a Correction
Discussion