Shawn Kemp Net Worth
Shawn Kemp net worth: Shawn Kemp is an American retired professional basketball player who has a net worth of $5 million. Shawn Kemp earned his net worth as a former player of the National Basketball Association for 14 seasons. Shawn T. Kemp was born in Elkhart, Indiana in November 1969. He started all four years at Concord High School. He finished as the school's all-time scoring leader and led his team to the state championship his senior year. He was chosen for the 1988 McDonald's High School All-American team. He signed with the University of Kentucky but did not score the minimum requirement no his SATs. After getting into trouble he declared for the 1989 NBA Draft. Kemp was drafted #17 by the Seattle SuperSonics in the 1989 NBA Draft. He was the youngest player in the NBA during his first season. He earned the nickname "Reign Man" in his second season. Kemp won a gold medal with the United States in the 1994 FIBA World Championship. He and the Sonics made the NBA Finals in 1995-96 where they lost to Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls. After the 1996-97 season he was part of a three team trade that sent him to the Cleveland Cavaliers. During this time he was dealing with weight issues and showed up to camp at a rumored 315 pounds at one point. He was later traded to the Portland Trail blazers and signed with the Orlando Magic. After an unsuccessful NBA comeback he signed in Italy, before coming home after his house was damaged by Hurricane Ike. Kemp made the NBA All-Star team six times and was a three time All-NBA Second Teamer.
Shawn Kemp Broke?
The good news is Shawn is not actually broke. As you can see above he's worth at least $10 million. But $5 million is a huge drop compared to the more than $90 million Shawn earned playing in the NBA. That figure does not even include millions more he earned from endorsements, most notably with Reebok. How'd he lose so much money? Well, a lot of it has to do with the fact that he fathered seven children six different women. Child support, house payments, car payments and food for that many people is not exactly cheap. Shawn has also been arrested several times since leaving the league for marijuana possession.
|Net Worth:||$5 Million|
|Date of Birth:||Nov 26, 1969 (51 years old)|
|Height:||6 ft 9 in (2.08 m)|
|Nationality:||United States of America|
Shawn Kemp Earnings
- Portland Trail Blazers (2003-04)$14,941,935
- Orlando Magic (2002-03)$1,030,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (2002-03)$12,621,028
- Portland Trail Blazers (2001-02)$12,660,000
- Portland Trail Blazers (2000-01)$11,720,000
- Cleveland Cavaliers (1999-00)$10,780,000
- Cleveland Cavaliers (1998-99)$9,740,000
- Cleveland Cavaliers (1997-98)$8,600,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1996-97)$3,300,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1995-96)$3,000,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1994-95)$1,000,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1993-94)$750,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1992-93)$650,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1991-92)$430,000
- Seattle SuperSonics (1990-91)$350,000