Kobe Bryant Net Worth
Kobe Bryant net worth and salary: Kobe Bryant is a retired professional basketball player who has a net worth of $500 million. Kobe Bryant was born on August 23rd, 1978 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His father, Joe Bryant, was a former player for the Philadelphia 76ers. His parents named him after the famous beef of Kobe, Japan. Kobe excelled at basketball in high school where he lead his team to their first state championship in 53 years. He was quickly named Gatorade's Men's National Basketball player of the year and the USA Today's All USA first team player. His SAT's score were good enough to get him into many colleges with a scholarship but Kobe opted to go straight to the pros.
Kobe Bryant Salary And Career Earnings: What was Kobe Bryant's annual salary in his final year with the Lakers? $25 million. During his NBA career with the Los Angeles Lakers, Kobe Bryant earned just over $300 million in salary alone. He also earned approximately $280 million from endorsements for a total of $580 million in carer earnings.
BodyArmour Investment: In March 2014, Kobe purchased a 10% equity stake in sports drink BodyArmour for $6 million. In August 2018, Coca Cola purchased a stake in BodyArmor that valued the company as a whole at $2 billion. That meant Kobe's $6 million investment was worth $200 million, on paper, before taxes.
He was originally drafted by the Charlotte Hornets but quickly opted to instead be traded his dream team… The Lakers. He signed a $3.5 million contract for three years and due to another player's injury immediately saw some action on the court. At 18 Kobe became the youngest starter in NBA history. It wasn't until his third year with the Lakers that he really hit his stride. He started every game and was starting to be compared to the likes of Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson. His third year also brought him a $70 million 6 year contract extension.
In 1999 Phil Jackson became coach of the Lakers. Jackson, Kobe and The Lakers would go on to win the NBA championship 5 times. Including three consecutive years from 2000-2002. On December 16th, 2011 Kobe's wife Vanessa Bryant filed for divorce after 10.5 years of marriage. The couple had no pre-nup and Vanessa's divorce settlement could have cost him $100-150 million. They eventually reconciled. Kobe Bryant met his wife in 1999 and the two were married on April 18th, 2001. They welcomed their first child, Natalia Diamante Bryant, on January 19th, 2003 and their second child, Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant, on May 1st, 2006.
Date of Birth
Kobe Bryant Earnings
- Los Angeles Lakers (2012-13)$27,849,149
- Los Angeles Lakers (2011-12)$25,244,493
- Los Angeles Lakers (2010-11)$24,806,250
- Los Angeles Lakers (2009-10)$23,034,375
- Los Angeles Lakers (2008-09)$21,262,500
- Los Angeles Lakers (2007-08)$19,490,625
- Los Angeles Lakers (2006-07)$17,718,750
- Los Angeles Lakers (2005-06)$15,946,875
- Los Angeles Lakers (2004-05)$14,175,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (2003-04)$13,500,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (2002-03)$12,375,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (2001-02)$11,250,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (2000-01)$10,130,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (1999-00)$9,000,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (1998-99)$1,319,000
- Los Angeles Lakers (1997-98)$1,167,240
- Los Angeles Lakers (1996-97)$1,015,000