Kevin Garnett Net Worth
Kevin Garnett net worth and salary: Kevin Garnett is a retired American professional basketball player who has a net worth of $120 million. Kevin Garnett earned his net worth through his years in basketball, playing for the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Boston Celtics and the Brooklyn Nets. Kevin Garnett was born in Greenville, South Carolina in 1976 and lived most of his childhood years in Maudlin. Even as a child, he loved playing basketball, and took his love of the sport with him all through high school. For his senior year, he transferred to Farragut Career Academy, in Chicago, because of some trouble he had at Maudlin. He did so well on the high school basketball team that they gave him the nickname, Mr. Basketball. Since then, he has earned the nicknames The Franchise, Da Kid, KG and most recently, The Big Ticket.
His career began right after high school, with the Minnesota Timberwolves. At the time he was the first player in 20 years to be drafted straight out of high school. Kevin Garnett was voted the MVP of the year, after leading the Timberwolves to The Western Conference Finals of the 2003-04 season. He won the gold medal in the 2000 Olympics, he was the NBA Defensive Player of the Year in 2008, and NBA All Star Game MVP for 2003, just to name a few of his many achievements.
Kevin Garnett's Salary: Kevin Garnett's salary in his final NBA season was $12 million. At the time he also earned an additional $10 million per year from endorsements. Kevin is the #1 highest-earning NBA player of all time. During his career he earned $334.3 million in salary alone. That's $11 million more than the #2 player, Kobe Bryant. His highest single-season salary was $28 million. In September 2018, Kevin sued his wealth manager alleging that $70 million was stolen from his accounts.
Things went slightly down hill in the 2004-2005 season, when the Minnesota Timberwolves did not making the playoffs. This was their second worst playing record since Kevin became a franchise player. When the decision came to trade Kevin, there were several teams making offers.In the final decision, Kevin was traded to the Boston Celtics. Garnett signed a three year contract extension for $60 million with the Boston Celtics the very day the trade was made public. In the first game with the Celtics, Kevin gave his best with 22 points and 20 rebounds. Kevin Garnett was the 32nd player to reach over 20,000 points.
Kevin Garnett is married to Brandi Padilla. After a long term relationship, they decided to make it official with a private wedding ceremony, in the summer of 2004. It's been rumored that the happy couple have a beautiful baby girl, but no details. Kevin likes to keep his private life, just that, private.
Date of Birth
Kevin Garnett Earnings
- Boston Celtics (2012-13)$11,566,265
- Boston Celtics (2011-12)$21,247,044
- Boston Celtics (2010-11)$18,800,000
- Boston Celtics (2009-10)$16,400,000
- Boston Celtics (2008-09)$24,751,934
- Boston Celtics (2007-08)$23,750,000
- Minnesota Timberwolves (2006-07)$21,000,000
- Minnesota Timberwolves (2005-06)$18,000,000
- Minnesota Timberwolves (2004-05)$16,000,000
- Minnesota Timberwolves (2003-04)$28,000,000
- Minnesota Timberwolves (2002-03)$25,200,000
- Minnesota Timberwolves (2001-02)$22,400,000
- Minnesota Timberwolves (2000-01)$19,610,000
- Minnesota Timberwolves (1999-00)$16,806,300
- Minnesota Timberwolves (1998-99)$14,000,000
- Minnesota Timberwolves (1997-98)$2,109,120
- Minnesota Timberwolves (1996-97)$1,666,000
- Minnesota Timberwolves (1995-96)$1,622,000