How to Make a Vegetable Garden More Sustainable
In Chapter 12 of 19 of her 2011 Capture Your Flag interview with Erik Michielsen, author, food writer, and rooftop gardener Cathy Erway shares how she is innovating her vegetable garden to be more sustainable. Over the course of her first season, she learns the importance of making the garden work within the existing environment and how sub-irrigation can improve efficiency. Erway also learns to apply traditional Japanese composting technique to enrich the soil.
How Make Articles
- Donna's Square Foot Vegetable Garden, Part 1 of 50
- Saving with 6abc- Save on seeds for vegetable gardening - 6abc.com.mp4
- Grow a Patio Vegetable Garden with 14 Crops in 2 Square Feet - The Garden Stick
- Home Fruit and Vegetable Garden
- Upside Down Hanging Vegetable Garden -- Containers, Plastic Drums, Bags, and Toilets