Silvio Berlusconi Net Worth: Silvio Berlusconi is a former Prime Minister of Italy, entrepreneur and media tycoon who has a net worth of $8.5 billion dollars. Born on September 29 1936, in Milan, Italy, he is one of Italy's longest serving post-war prime ministers and he is widely known for being frequent criminal defendant and convicted tax evader. Furthermore, he is the owner of the Italian football club A.C. Milan and remains Italy's "oldest playboy" who continues to capture headlines at 76 years of age. The rise of this Teflon politician is one worthy of a Hollywood screenplay. Hailing from a lower middle class family, the young and versatile Berlusconi studied law in Milan and worked as a singer on cruise ships and nightclubs. After he successfully secured a small loan from a local bank, he oversaw the construction of small-scale projects in the city of Milan and later built "Milano Two", 4,000 residential apartments east of Milan. Berlusconi first entered the media world in 1973 by establishing a small cable television company called Telemilano. Soon, he started to accumulate fortune through Fininvest that holds stakes in Mediaset, Italy's largest media company; Mediolanum financial services company that was founded by Italian billionaire Ennio Doris); Mondadori, one of Italy's largest publishing houses; Medusa, movie maker and A.C. Milan, which was a nearly defunct football club when Berlusconi bought it in 1986. It was in 1993 that Berlusconi first appeared on the political scene running for Prime Minister under his newly formed political party Forza Italy (Go Italy). Since, he has served four times as Prime Minister of Italy, from 1994 to 1995, 2001 to 2006, and 2008 to 2011. Holding the Prime Minister office during nine years in total, Berlusconi is third longest-serving since the Unification of Italy, after Benito Mussolini and Giovanni Giolitti. As for his private life, he has five children from two marriages. Three of Berlusconi's kids already occupy important posts in Fininvest.
Silvio Berlusconi Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Silvio Berlusconi against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Sep 29, 1936 (79 years old)
Politician, Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Media proprietor, Film Producer
5 ft 4 in (1.65 m)
The Knight, Berlusca, Unto dal Signore, Il Cavaliere, Sua Emittenza, Il Caimano, Papi
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever Madeon Feb 10, 2016
The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone Elseon Feb 8, 2016
Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And Allon Feb 9, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail TycoonMTV's most famous Latina VJ may be off the air, but she's still breaking boundaries in business and beauty.
- The Saudi Royal Family Gave The Malaysian Prime Minister $700 Million Cash... Just For Funsies!A corruption probe by the Malaysian attorney general found that a transfer of funds from the Saudi Arabian royal family to Razak's bank account in the amount of almost $700 million was just a "gift."
- These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!Being rich and famous doesn't always mean an automatic get out of jail free card. In fact, these four celebrities lost huge lawsuits and are paying the price.
- Elon Musk Has Lost $3.3 Billion In The Last Few MonthsElon Musk's space rockets aren't the only things crashing and burning. Musk lost $3.3 billion in the past year, as stock in solar panel installer SolarCity and high-end electric car maker Tesla plummet.