Jean Bertrand Aristide Net Worth: Jean-Bertrand Aristide is a former Haitian Catholic priest and politician who has a net worth of $800 million dollars. Born in 1953 in Port-Salut, Sud Department, Jean-Bertrand Aristide attended the college Notre Dame and the State University of Haiti. He traveled the globe for several years before moving back to Haiti to become ordained as a Salesian priest. Aristide became a public opponent of Haiti's dictatorship, particularly Jean-Claude Duvalier, and he was exiled to Montreal for three years. During the mid-80s, he returned to Haiti as civil unrest with the regime grew and became one of the most important figures in the "ti legliz" movement that swept Haiti. He developed an orphanage in one of the poorest parts of Port-au-Prince and ran it as an example of what democracy could look like. Opponents made four attempts on Aristide's life, including one where 100 armed men stormed his Sunday's mass and burned his church, killing 13. As a result, he was ordered to leave Haiti, but thousands of citizens blocked him from being able to access the airport, and soon after, he was stripped of his Salesian priesthood. Aristide won Haiti's first presidential election in 1990, though he was overthrown in a coup eight months later and was exiled to Venezuela and later the United States. American President Bill Clinton deployed troops to Haiti in the 1994 and reinstated Aristide to his elected position. He won again in 2000, and four years later, was again overtaken in a coup d'etat and exiled to Jamaica and South Africa, where he and his family remained until 2011. Aristide worked at the University of South Africa and learned the language before returning to Haiti in early 2011. Aristide and his wife, Mildred Trouillot, have been married since 1996 and have two children.
Jean Bertrand Aristide Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Jean Bertrand Aristide against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jul 15, 1953 (62 years old)
ฌอง แบร์ทรองด์ อริสตีด, Аристид, Жан-Бертран, 让-贝特朗·阿里斯蒂德
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
This Former NFL Player Is Definitely NOT Going To End Up One Of Those Cliche Broke Athleteson Nov 24, 2015
ISIS Is The Wealthiest Terrorist Organization In History... How Exactly Did They Acquire This Wealth?on Nov 23, 2015
Pie-Demonium: You'll Never Guess How Much Those Patti LaBelle's Pies Are Raking In!on Nov 24, 2015
A Game-Worn Michael Jordan Jersey Just Sold For A Ridiculous Amount Of Money!on Nov 24, 2015
The Five Wealthiest Drug Lords Of All Timeon Nov 23, 2015
Is This Arsenal Bench Warmer A Secret Billionaire???on Nov 23, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Steve Harvey Sued For $205,000 Over A Private Jeton Nov 23, 2015
The Koenigsegg Regera Has Lots Of Horsepower And Some Pretty Cool Featureson Nov 24, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Colby Rasmus Makes MLB History By Accepting One-Year, $15.8 Million Qualifying OfferColby Rasmus has worked off of one-year contracts every year he has been on an MLB roster, and it looks like he'll do so again after becoming the first player to ever accept a qualifying offer.
- Giants Sign Shortstop Brandon Crawford To Six-Year, $75 Million ExtensionAfter a season that saw him win his first Gold Glove and Silver Slugger Awards last season, the San Francisco Giants saw fit to sign Brandon Crawford to a six-year, $75 million contract extension.
- Warren Buffett Has Very Simple Answer To The Question "How'd You Get So Rich?!?!"He's probably been asked this question so many times, he's sick of answering it, which may be one explanation for his simple answer.
- Lionel Messi Willing To Change Leagues... But It Definitely Won't Be Cheap!!!After the trouble he has had with taxes in Spain, Lionel Messi is thinking about making a move to the Premier League, but the team that signs him will have to pay big.