Kris Kristofferson net worth: Kris Kristofferson is an American singer, songwriter and actor who has a net worth of $160 million. As the sole writer of most of his songs, Kris Kristofferson has accumulated his wealth through a long successful country music career and as a film star. He was born in Brownsville, Texas on June 22, 1936. His father was a US Army Air Corps officer who eventually rose to the rank of Major General. Kris and his family moved a lot to accommodate the father's military duties. Kris eventually graduated from San Mateo High School in Northern California then attended Pomona College. He graduated from Pamona summa cum laude and earned a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University in England. He graduated from Oxford with a degree in English Literature. While studying in England, Kris began writing music as a side hobby. After graduating, he joined the military. His music career began after he left the Army and moved to Nashville. While living in Nashville, Kris worked as a helicopter pilot and as a maintenance worker at Columbia Studios. He was eventually signed to Monument Records. Many popular artists also began recording cover versions of his songs. Janis Joplin, who dated Kris, covered his song "Me and Bobby McGee". The song would go on to become one of Joplin's most famous hits. Kris' first studio solo album "Kristofferson" was released in 1970 and peaked at number 10 on the US Country music charts. Between 1970 and 2010, Kris released 17 studio albums and dozens of singles. In 1971 he won his first Grammy and launched an acting career by appearing in the film "The Last Movie". Dozens more roles would follow. Kris was won a Golden Globe for Best Actor for his work on the 1976 film "A Star is Born". He was also nominated for an Academy Award for Original Music Score for the 1984 movie "Songwriter". In 1984 Kris also joined up with a group of fellow country stars to launch a super group called The Highwaymen. In January 2014, Kris was honored at the Grammys with a Lifetime Achievement award.
Kris Kristofferson Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Kris Kristofferson against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Jun 22, 1936 (79 years old)
Actor, Singer-songwriter, Musician, Military Officer, Film Score Composer, Helicopter Pilot
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.79 m)
Kris Kristoferson, Kristoffer Kristofferson, Kristoffer Kristian Kristofferson, The Highwaymen, Kristoffer Kristofferson, BPhil, Kris Kristofferson, BPhil, Kris Carson, Kristoffer "Kris" Kristofferson
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Ozzie Silna, One Of The Brothers Who Made $800 Million Off The Best Business Deal Of All Time, Dies At 83on Apr 28, 2016
An Inappropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL Drafton Apr 29, 2016
Prince Has Sold A Staggering Amount Of Music Since His Untimely Deathon Apr 29, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
The Time A Professional Gambler Turned $50 Into $40 MILLION... And Eventually Ended Up Brokeon Apr 26, 2016
You Won't Believe Ludacris's Ridiculous Demands For A 13-Minute Performance!on Apr 26, 2016
Renting A House To Prince Was An Interesting Experience. Just Ask Carlos Boozer...on Apr 27, 2016
Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna Could Rake In Over A Million For TV Wedding Specialon Apr 28, 2016
Tom Brady Restructured His Contract And It Will Save Him $2 Million During His Suspensionon Apr 29, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Billionaire Roundup: Shenanigans; Bamboozling; And Other Problems Of The 1%As the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign marches on, more and more bizarre things keep happening. Billionaire George Soros has been analyzing China's economy and he notices a troubling pattern, and remember when Sheldon Adelson bought the Las Vegas Review Journal and people started freaking out? Well now one respected columnist has a real reason to worry.
- Original Handwritten 'Laws of Base Ball' Sold For $3.26 Million At AuctionThe documents dating back to the 1800s and now known as the Laws of Base Ball are now an incredibly valuable historical object, having fetched $3.26 million at auction over the weekend.
- Millionaire Coal Baron Gets One-Year Prison Sentence for Mine Safety ConspiracyThe millionaire former-CEO of a coal mining company was recently sentenced to a one-year prison term and a $250,000 fine after he was found guilty of violating mine safety standards. In 2010, an explosion linked to unsafe working conditions in one of his company's mines killed 29 workers.
- More NBA Teams Willing To Pay Top Dollar For The Head Coach They WantThe Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards have talented rosters, but have not been able to form a winning team with that talent for some time. However, by paying top dollar for their next head coaches, they hope to reverse that trend and start winning.