Jessica Simpson net worth: Jessica Simpson is an American singer, actress, entrepreneur and TV personality who has a net worth of $150 million. Jessica Simpson was born in Abilene, Texas on July 10, 1980. She began her music career early in life when, while still in high school, she signed a recording contract with a local Gospel record company. The collaboration produced very little of note. However, in 1999 she recorded her first hit single, "I Wanna Love You Forever". The song rose to number three on the Billboard Hot 100 charts. In 2000, she recorded an album, "Sweet Kisses" which achieved double platinum status and sold over four million copies around the world. In 2001, Jessica Simpson, now under contract with Columbia Records, recorded the album called "Irresistible." It was a big hit. The album reached Number 15 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the single of the same name as the album rose all the way to number two. During her career, Jessica Simpson has released seven Billboard Top 40 hits, three Gold and two Multi-Platinum RIAA-Certified albums. In total she has sold over 30 million albums around the world. Outside of music, Jessica is an extremely successful entrepreneur. She has launched a line of beauty products and, handbags, lingerie, shoes and boots that are sold primarily on the Home Shopping Network. Her combined retail empire is expected to become the first celebrity brand to achieve over $1 billion in annual sales. This last achievement has been the source of a common misconception about Jessica Simpson's net worth. When this billion dollar sales estimate was announced, several magazines ran headlines that called Jessica a "billion dollar celebrity". Many of Jessica's fans have miss-interpreted this headline to mean that Jessica is personally worth $1 billion which unfortunately is not true… But if she stays on this pace, it might be true soon enough!
Jessica Simpson Net Worth
Date of Birth
Jul 10, 1980 (35 years old)
Singer, Actor, Singer-songwriter, Fashion designer, Businessperson, Television producer, Spokesperson
United States of America
5 ft 3 in (1.61 m)
Jessica Ann Simpson, Simpson, Jessica, Jessica Simpson Lachey, Jess
Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?on May 3, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
An Insanely Rich Doctor You've Never Heard Of Made $150 Million Last Yearon May 3, 2016
Skip Bayless Left ESPN For A REALLY Big Paydayon May 4, 2016
Why Is Over Half Of Prince's Fortune Going To The Government?on May 4, 2016
The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer Enyaon May 3, 2016
Drake's 'Views From The 6' Went Gold In One Day!on May 4, 2016
It Doesn't Pay (As Well) To Be The No. 1 Pick In The NFL Draft This Yearon May 4, 2016
Soulja Boy Claims He Just Signed A $400 Million Dealon May 4, 2016
Jessica Simpson Earnings
- Employee of the Month$1,000,000
- The Dukes of Hazzard$2,500,000million
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Mariah Carey's Voice, Legs Insured For $70 MillionIf you've ever thought that tickets to one of Mariah's concerts cost an arm and a leg, maybe this is the reason why!
- Prince's Family Heads To Court Over $300 Million Net WorthThe world remains shocked at the death of 57-year-old musical icon Prince – a passing that has left his $300 million fortune (a number likely to grow) in limbo. With no will, Prince's family is urging the government to step in.
- Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil DependencySaudi Arabia's Prince Mohammed Bin Salman says that by 2020, his country – which sees about 75% of its revenue come from the oil industry – will be able to live without oil. By 2030, he predicts a national financial fund revolution. How? By raising a $2 trillion fund, of course.
- The Top 10 College Majors Of BillionairesThese are the 10 most popular college majors of the 100 wealthiest billionaires on earth. Spoiler Alert: Don't hold your breath, Liberal arts majors.