Delbert Mcclinton Net Worth: Delbert Mcclinton is an American musician who has a net worth of $2 million. Born on November 4, 1940, in Lubbock, Texas, United States, Delbert Mcclinton made a name for himself as a prolific singer-songwriter, guitarist, harmonica player and pianist, enriching the genres of blues rock and electric blues. Blessed with musical talent, young Mcclinton honed his skills in a bar band called, the Straitjackets, where he got the chance to back visiting blues giants such as Sonny Boy Williamson, Howlin' Wolf, Lightnin' Hopkins and Jimmy Reed. This encouraged him to record few regional singles before hitting the national chart in 1962, playing harmonica on Bruce Channel's "Hey! Baby." Next, McClinton could be seen instructing John Lennon on the finer points of blues harmonica playing. In 1972, he relocated to Los Angeles where he teamed up with fellow Texan, Glen Clark, to perform a combination of country and soul music. The two achieved some degree of success with their two albums, before McClinton went solo. Meanwhile, the song ("Two More Bottles of Wine") that he penned for Emmylou Harris turned out to be a No. 1 hit in 1978, and also his "B Movie Boxcar Blues" was covered on the first The Blues Brothers album, Briefcase Full of Blues. Even though he was inactive much of the 1980s, Mcclinton's name was still present in the world of music thanks to his hits "The Jealous Kind" and "Givin' It Up for Your Love." In 1989, he sealed the decade with the Grammy nominated Live From Austin album. More charting and Grammy-worth singles followed and his duets with Bonnie Raitt and Tanya Tucker were just two of them. What's more, his album The Cost of Living earned him a Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Blues Album in 2006. Five years later, he was inducted into the Texas Heritage Songwriters Hall of Fame. But it seems like we haven't heard everything from aging artist Delbert Mcclinton as he recently saw the release of his latest album Blind, Crippled and Crazy (2013), in collaboration with Glen Clark.
Delbert Mcclinton Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Delbert Mcclinton against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Nov 4, 1940
Singer, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Actor, Guitarist, Pianist, Film Score Composer
United States of America
Eddie Murphy's Top 7 Highest Acting Paycheckson Sep 2, 2015
Kanye West Just Made A Crazy Promise To Everyone Who Votes For Him For President In 2020on Sep 2, 2015
5 Little Known Facts About The Rothschild Familyon Sep 1, 2015
Highest Paid TV Actors And Actresses Of 2015on Aug 31, 2015
Bono Did Not Make $1.5 Billion Off Facebook. Let's Clear This Rumor Up Right Now...on Sep 1, 2015
These Super Rich And Successful CEOs Make Only $1 Per Yearon Sep 2, 2015
'Minecraft' Creator Claims Becoming A Billionaire Made Him Feel "Isolated"on Aug 31, 2015
The World's 10 Richest Media Mogulson Sep 2, 2015
Tidal Accused Apple Of Doing Something Sinister Over The Weekend...on Sep 2, 2015
Alex Rodriguez Is Being Sued For $100 Million – By A Family Memberon Sep 1, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Top 5 World's Most Expensive Handbags Of 2015Think your bag was pricey?! Well, check out the most expensive bags in the world! An embarrassment of riches, indeed!
- Remember The O.C.? You Can Buy The Cohen Family's Newport Beach Mansion For $6.5 MillionThe fictitious Cohen family entertained guests from a picturesque, sunny Italian villa with stunning views of park-like adjacent hills.
- Julio Jones Latest Wide Receiver To Sign Big Money DealThe off-season of the wide receiver continued with Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones signing a $71.25 million contract extension, with $47.5 million guaranteed.
- Clippers Owner Steve Ballmer Turns Down $60 million/Year TV Deal – And He's Not Crazy!Steve Ballmer turned the NBA on its head when he bought the Clippers for a record-setting $2 billion. He may be doing so again after turning down a $60 million/season television deal.