Sammy Hagar Net Worth

How much is Sammy Hagar Worth?

Random Celebrity
Sammy Hagar Net Worth
Net Worth:
$120 Million
Date of Birth
October 13, 1947
Place of Birth
Singer, Musician, Guitarist, Songwriter, Lyricist, Composer, Businessperson, Author, Actor

Sammy Hagar net worth: Sammy Hagar is an American rock singer and entrepreneur who has a net worth of $120 million. Sammy Hagar is probably most famous for his association with the band Van Halen. Hagar's first big break within the world of music came in 1973 as a result of his association with the band Montrose. From there, Hagar bounced around various corners of the music industry (including embarking on a mildly successful solo career) before the members of the band Van Halen began seeking a replacement for their temperamental lead singer David Lee Roth. Hagar nailed an audition he got as a result of a recommendation from Eddie Van Halen's mechanic. With their new lead singer, Van Halen released a number of hit records, including 5150, OU812, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, and Balance. However, his relationship with the band eventually deteriorated, leaving Hagar free to pursue other opportunities. Some of these business ventures were only vaguely related to his musical career, including "Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill" in St. Louis and the "Cabo Wabo Cantina" in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

Selling Cabo Wabo
While Sammy made his first fortune in the music industry, the bulk of his net worth actually has nothing to do with Van Halen. In 2007, Sammy sold 80% of the Cabo Wabo tequila company he founded to Gruppo Campari for $80 million, and in 2009 he sold the remaining 20% for $15 million more. The company was majority owned by Hagar which means he personally took home around $95 million from the deals.

What is Sammy Hagar's net worth?

Sammy Hagar Net Worth

Other Van Halen member net worths:
David Lee Roth Net Worth
Eddie Van Halen Net Worth
Alex Van Halen Net Worth

Articles Written by Brian Warner
Prior to launching Celebrity Net Worth, Brian spent seven years as the Managing Editor of one of the largest entertainment portals on the internet. Before that, Brian attended Georgetown University where he double majored in finance and marketing. A native of Northern California, Brian currently resides in Los Angeles. Follow him on Google+.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!
Submit a Correction
More Information
Sammy Hagar

Sammy Hagar

Samuel Roy "Sammy" Hagar, also known as The Red Rocker, is an American rock vocalist, guitarist, songwriter and musician. Hagar came to prominence in the 1970s with the hard rock band Montrose. He afterwards launched a successful solo career, scoring an enduring hit in 1984 ...
Singer / Musician / Guitarist / Songwriter / Lyricist / Composer / Businessperson / Author / Actor
Date of Birth
  • October 13, 1947
  • Hagar, Sammy
  • Samuel Roy Hagar
  • The Red Rocker
  • Sam Roy Hagar
  • Samuel Roy "Sammy" Hagar
  • Van Halen
  • Sammy Hagar & The Wabos
  • Red Rocker
  • Sammy Haggar
  • 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
  • United States of America
  • United States of America
View Full Profile
Notable Appearances
  • Sammy Hagar: The Long Road to Cabo
  • Van Halen: Video Hits: Vol. 1
  • Colin's Sleazy Friends Rocks
  • Van Halen: The Van Halen Story: The Early Years
  • Sammy Hagar and the Wabos: Livin' It Up! In St. Louis
  • Loud and Clear
  • VOA
View All Appearances