Melissa Etheridge net worth: Melissa Etheridge is an American rock singer-songwriter and activist who has a net worth of $25 million. Melissa Etheridge is one of the most popular recording artists of the '90s. Etheridge is best known for her mixture of confessional lyrics, pop-based folk-rock, and raspy, smoky, Janis Joplin-like vocals. She first started playing guitar at the age of eight, and soon after she began penning her own songs. In her teens, she was already playing in cover bands in Kansas. She enrolled at Berklee College in Boston, but then decided to move to LA to take a shot at a career in music. Etheridge played in numerous women's clubs until 1986, when Chrils Blackwell of Island Records offered her a recording contract. Her first album, Melissa Etheridge, was released in 1988 and included the Grammy-nominated single Bring Me Some Water. Even though her next two albums, Brave and Crazy (1989) and Never Enough (1992), earned her recognitions and awards; it was the 1993 album Yes I Am that won her the mass following she enjoys today. The same year, she came out of the closet and publicly declared she is a lesbian. Her next albums, Your Little Secret (1995) and Breakdown (1999), have gained her even more and more new fans worldwide. After she broke up with her longtime partner, Julie Cypher, Melissa decided to tell it all in her autobiography, The Truth Is. Along with the release of the book in 2001, she released her 7th album titled Skin. Ever since, she has completed seven more albums, the last being 2012's 4th Street Feeling. Apart from making the headlines for her Academy and Grammy awards, as well as other accolades, Melissa attracted the world's attention with her diagnose with breast cancer in 2004. Luckily, she was cancer-free one year later.
Melissa Etheridge Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Melissa Etheridge against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
May 29, 1961 (54 years old)
Musician, Singer-songwriter, Social activist, Actor, Film Score Composer
United States of America
5 ft 2 in (1.575 m)
Melissa Etherige, Etheridge Melissa, Melissa Lou Etheridge, Lucky, Missy Lou
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
One Simple Vote Just Cost Anthony Davis A TON Of Moneyon May 26, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It Insteadon May 26, 2016
The Rise Of Technology Has Created A New Era Of Super-Wealthy Americanson May 26, 2016
Phil Mickelson Shoots Even Par in Insider Trading Caseon May 27, 2016
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
Mark Cuban Says He's Open To Becoming Hillary Clinton's–Or Donald Trump's–Running Mate!on May 27, 2016
Family Of Late Baseball Superstar Tony Gwynn Suing Tobacco Giant, Altria Groupon May 27, 2016
British Artists Made More Money Off Of Vinyl Sales Than From YouTube Streamingon May 26, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Johnny Depp Doesn't Want to Give Amber Heard a Dime Of His $400 Million Net WorthWhile it's not shocking to see the 15-month marriage of Johnny Depp and Amber Heard end, it is shocking that the couple wed without a prenup. Will Depp give Heard any of his $400 million fortune?
- Why Did Donald Trump Receive a Tax Break For NYC Residents Who Make Less Than $500k?Donald Trump claims to earn a multi-millionaire-dollar income and have a multi-billionaire-dollar worth. But he received AND pocketed a $300 tax break for NYC residents who make less than $500k.
- The Atlanta Falcons' New Stadium Will Offer Very Cheap Concessions - Thanks Arthur Blank!Eating overpriced concessions is one of the most fundamental traditions in American sports, but fans at the upcoming new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta will have the option not to participate.
- Florida Judge Upholds Hulk Hogan's $140 Million Gawker JudgmentFlorida Circuit Judge Pamela Campbell decided today that the Hogan/Gawker verdict was just, and declined to order a new trial, allowing the dispute to move on to a Florida appeals court.