Billie Joe Armstrong Net Worth: Billie Joe Armstrong is an American singer, songwriter, musician, guitarist and multi-instrumentalist who has a net worth of $55 million. Billie Joe Armstrong was born February 17, 1972 in Oakland, California. He is best known as the lead vocalist, principal songwriter and guitarist of punk rock band Green Day, cofounded by Armstrong with band mate Mike Dirnt. Armstrong developed an interest in music at a young age and recorded his first song at the age of five. He met Mike Dirnt while attending elementary school and the two bonded over their mutual interest in music. They formed the band Sweet Children when they were 15 years old. The band changed its name to Green Day and would later achieve massive commercial success. Green Day's first two albums, 39/Smooth and Kerplunk!, solidified their place in the Southern California punk scene of the early '90s; however, when 1994's Dookie was released on a major label and sold more than $8 million copies, Green Day were accused of selling out. With each Green Day album, Armstrong continued to ignore the criticisms of the group's early fans as the band proceeded to strengthen its status within the mainstream, culminating in 2004's American Idiot, a rock opera that became a surprise international success, a multi-platinum Grammy winner and the best-reviewed album of the band's career. Outside of Green Day, Armstrong teamed with jazz singer and pianist Norah Jones in a project to recreate the classic 1958 Everly Brothers album Songs Our Daddy Taught Us. Recorded in nine days with bassist Tim Luntzel and drummer Dan Rieser, Foreverly was released in 2013. Armstrong married his girlfriend Adrienne Nesser in June 1994; nearly a year later their first child, Joseph Marcicano, was born. Armstrong has had his share of legal troubles: He was arrested in early 1996 after a show in Wisconsin for indecent exposure; arrested in January 2003 for drinking and driving after being pulled over for speeding; kicked off a Southwest Airlines flight for wearing his pants too low (2011); became agitated on September 21, 2012 during a Green Day performance at Las Vegas' iHeartRadio Music Festival and stopped the band's set midway through a song and went into an expletive-filled rant. Two days after the scene he made at the IHeartRadio Festival, Green Day announced that Armstrong was seeking treatment for an unspecified substance abuse problem.
Billie Joe Armstrong Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Billie Joe Armstrong against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Billie Joe Armstrong
Date of Birth
Feb 17, 1972 (43 years old)
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Guitarist, Actor, Composer, Businessperson, Multi-instrumentalist
United States of America
5 ft 7 in (1.702 m)
Billie-Joe Armstrong, Billie Joe, Billy Joe Armstrong, Willam Joseph Armstrong, Armstrong, Billie Joe, Billie, BJ, Wilhelm Fink, Fink, Reverend Strychnine Twitch
This Former NFL Player Is Definitely NOT Going To End Up One Of Those Cliche Broke Athleteson Nov 24, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Five Wealthiest Drug Lords Of All Timeon Nov 23, 2015
A Game-Worn Michael Jordan Jersey Just Sold For A Ridiculous Amount Of Money!on Nov 24, 2015
Pie-Demonium: You'll Never Guess How Much Those Patti LaBelle's Pies Are Raking In!on Nov 24, 2015
ISIS Is The Wealthiest Terrorist Organization In History... How Exactly Did They Acquire This Wealth?on Nov 23, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Ronda Rousey Just Made A TON Of Money Getting Her Behind Kickedon Nov 21, 2015
Steve Harvey Sued For $205,000 Over A Private Jeton Nov 23, 2015
Warren Buffett Has Very Simple Answer To The Question "How'd You Get So Rich?!?!"on Nov 23, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Koenigsegg Regera Has Lots Of Horsepower And Some Pretty Cool FeaturesFor $2 million, the Koenigsegg Regera not only comes with a whopping 1,500 horsepower, but it can also act like a Transformer.
- Colby Rasmus Makes MLB History By Accepting One-Year, $15.8 Million Qualifying OfferColby Rasmus has worked off of one-year contracts every year he has been on an MLB roster, and it looks like he'll do so again after becoming the first player to ever accept a qualifying offer.
- Giants Sign Shortstop Brandon Crawford To Six-Year, $75 Million ExtensionAfter a season that saw him win his first Gold Glove and Silver Slugger Awards last season, the San Francisco Giants saw fit to sign Brandon Crawford to a six-year, $75 million contract extension.
- Is This Arsenal Bench Warmer A Secret Billionaire???For years, Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini has been investing in a company he started called GF Biochemicals that could soon be worth $30 billion, but hasn't talked about it till recently.