Billie Joe Armstrong Net Worth: Billie Joe Armstrong is an American singer, songwriter, musician, guitarist and multi-instrumentalist who has a net worth of $55 million. Billie Joe Armstrong was born February 17, 1972 in Oakland, California. He is best known as the lead vocalist, principal songwriter and guitarist of punk rock band Green Day, cofounded by Armstrong with band mate Mike Dirnt. Armstrong developed an interest in music at a young age and recorded his first song at the age of five. He met Mike Dirnt while attending elementary school and the two bonded over their mutual interest in music. They formed the band Sweet Children when they were 15 years old. The band changed its name to Green Day and would later achieve massive commercial success. Green Day's first two albums, 39/Smooth and Kerplunk!, solidified their place in the Southern California punk scene of the early '90s; however, when 1994's Dookie was released on a major label and sold more than $8 million copies, Green Day were accused of selling out. With each Green Day album, Armstrong continued to ignore the criticisms of the group's early fans as the band proceeded to strengthen its status within the mainstream, culminating in 2004's American Idiot, a rock opera that became a surprise international success, a multi-platinum Grammy winner and the best-reviewed album of the band's career. Outside of Green Day, Armstrong teamed with jazz singer and pianist Norah Jones in a project to recreate the classic 1958 Everly Brothers album Songs Our Daddy Taught Us. Recorded in nine days with bassist Tim Luntzel and drummer Dan Rieser, Foreverly was released in 2013. Armstrong married his girlfriend Adrienne Nesser in June 1994; nearly a year later their first child, Joseph Marcicano, was born. Armstrong has had his share of legal troubles: He was arrested in early 1996 after a show in Wisconsin for indecent exposure; arrested in January 2003 for drinking and driving after being pulled over for speeding; kicked off a Southwest Airlines flight for wearing his pants too low (2011); became agitated on September 21, 2012 during a Green Day performance at Las Vegas' iHeartRadio Music Festival and stopped the band's set midway through a song and went into an expletive-filled rant. Two days after the scene he made at the IHeartRadio Festival, Green Day announced that Armstrong was seeking treatment for an unspecified substance abuse problem.
Billie Joe Armstrong Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Billie Joe Armstrong against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Billie Joe Armstrong
Date of Birth
Feb 17, 1972 (43 years old)
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Guitarist, Actor, Composer, Businessperson, Multi-instrumentalist
United States of America
5 ft 7 in (1.702 m)
Billie-Joe Armstrong, Billie Joe, Billy Joe Armstrong, Willam Joseph Armstrong, Armstrong, Billie Joe, Billie, BJ, Wilhelm Fink, Fink, Reverend Strychnine Twitch
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
How A Mediocre Baseball Player Ended Up Making MILLIONS Off Upper Deck Baseball Cardson Feb 12, 2016
Jackie Chan Drops $20 Million On A Gorgeous New Private Jeton Feb 12, 2016
How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail Tycoonon Feb 11, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
Why Do Billionaires And Celebrities Descend On St. Barts To Escape The Cold Every Year?on Feb 12, 2016
From Wrongfully Locked Up For 34 Years To Millionaire: The Kash Register Storyon Feb 11, 2016
Led Zeppelin Members Plead Lack Of Memory In Stunning Stairway To Heaven Plagirism Lawsuiton Feb 12, 2016
Ferrari Enzo Almost Completely Destroyed In Crazy Wreck Is Now Worth Three Times As Muchon Feb 12, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Philadelphia Eagles Are Spending A Ton Of Money To Lock Up Free AgentsAfter a disappointing season, the Eagles cut loose head coach Chip Kelly, but must be okay with the roster, since the team has been working hard to lock up its free agents during the last few weeks.
- The Saudi Royal Family Gave The Malaysian Prime Minister $700 Million Cash... Just For Funsies!A corruption probe by the Malaysian attorney general found that a transfer of funds from the Saudi Arabian royal family to Razak's bank account in the amount of almost $700 million was just a "gift."
- These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!Being rich and famous doesn't always mean an automatic get out of jail free card. In fact, these four celebrities lost huge lawsuits and are paying the price.
- Elon Musk Has Lost $3.3 Billion In The Last Few MonthsElon Musk's space rockets aren't the only things crashing and burning. Musk lost $3.3 billion in the past year, as stock in solar panel installer SolarCity and high-end electric car maker Tesla plummet.