Cheryl James AKA Salt Net Worth: Cheryl James AKA Saltan is an American rapper and actress who has a net worth of $14 million. Cheryl James earned her net worth performing in the rapp trio of Salt-N-Peppa, appearing in film, as well as performing in the 2008 hip hop awards. Born Cheryl R. "Salt" James on March 28, 1966, in Brooklyn, New York, US, she is best known as a founding member of the rap trio Salt-N-Pepa. Salt-N-Pepa initially was a duo formed by Cheryl James and Sandra Denton in 1984. Two years later, Deidre Roper joined the group who saw the release of five studio albums: Hot, Cool & Vicious (1986), A Salt with a Deadly Pepa (1988), Blacks' Magic (1990), Very Necessary (1993) and Brand New (1997). With such a prolific portfolio, Salt-N-Pepa became the first female rap act to have gold, platinum, and multi-platinum albums, as well as the first female rap act to earn a Grammy. In addition, the trio co-starred in the comedy Who's the Man? (1993). In 1997, Cheryl James worked with gospel artists Kirk Franklin and God's Property on a song titled Stomp for their album God's Property. While a year later, she and her Salt-mates appeared in the VH1's year-long series, The Salt-N-Pepa Show (2007–2008). The trio disabnded in 2002, but reformed after a six-year-long hiatus in 2008. When it comes to her private life, Cheryl James married her long time partner Gavin Wray on Christmas Eve 2000. The pair has two children together.
Cheryl James AKA Salt Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Cheryl James AKA Salt against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Mar 28, 1966 (50 years old)
Singer, Rapper, Actor
United States of America
Salt, Cheryl R. James, Cheryl James-Wray, Cheryl R. "Salt" James, Salt N' Pepa, Cheryl James Ray, Salt-N-Pepa, Salt-n-Pepper, Cheryl 'Salt' Wray
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of Arizonaon Jun 29, 2016
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive Listingon Jun 29, 2016
LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The Cavson Jun 29, 2016
Dez Bryant Is Being Sued For Leaving A Rental Home In Disgusting Conditionon Jun 29, 2016
Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found Deadon Jun 28, 2016
Mark Sanchez, Jake Peavy, and Roy Oswalt Defrauded For Over $30 Millionon Jun 28, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Von Miller Will Sit Out Next Season If No Deal By July 15If July 15th rolls around and the Broncos haven't offered Miller enough cash, they will likely lose their superstar linebacker forever.
- Is Israel Building A $5 Billion Artificial Island Off The Gaza Coast?The Israeli government is considering a proposal to build an artificial island off the small Gaza Strip coast for $5 billion. The island would be used mainly as an airport and seaport.
- Folk Rocker David Crosby To Pay $3 Million To Jogger He Hit With CarCrosby was driving near his home in Santa Ynez Valley when he struck Jose Luquin, who was jogging on the side of the road with his son. He has agreed to pay $3.0 million in damages to settle the suit.
- Travis Boersma's Dutch Bros. Coffee Turns 'Bro-istas' Into FranchiseesWhat makes Dutch Bros. Coffee different from other coffee franchises? Founder Travis Boersma's deep commitment to his customers.