Cheryl James AKA Salt Net Worth: Cheryl James AKA Saltan is an American rapper and actress who has a net worth of $14 million. Cheryl James earned her net worth performing in the rapp trio of Salt-N-Peppa, appearing in film, as well as performing in the 2008 hip hop awards. Born Cheryl R. "Salt" James on March 28, 1966, in Brooklyn, New York, US, she is best known as a founding member of the rap trio Salt-N-Pepa. Salt-N-Pepa initially was a duo formed by Cheryl James and Sandra Denton in 1984. Two years later, Deidre Roper joined the group who saw the release of five studio albums: Hot, Cool & Vicious (1986), A Salt with a Deadly Pepa (1988), Blacks' Magic (1990), Very Necessary (1993) and Brand New (1997). With such a prolific portfolio, Salt-N-Pepa became the first female rap act to have gold, platinum, and multi-platinum albums, as well as the first female rap act to earn a Grammy. In addition, the trio co-starred in the comedy Who's the Man? (1993). In 1997, Cheryl James worked with gospel artists Kirk Franklin and God's Property on a song titled Stomp for their album God's Property. While a year later, she and her Salt-mates appeared in the VH1's year-long series, The Salt-N-Pepa Show (2007–2008). The trio disabnded in 2002, but reformed after a six-year-long hiatus in 2008. When it comes to her private life, Cheryl James married her long time partner Gavin Wray on Christmas Eve 2000. The pair has two children together.
Cheryl James AKA Salt Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Cheryl James AKA Salt against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Mar 28, 1966 (49 years old)
Singer, Rapper, Actor
United States of America
Salt, Cheryl R. James, Cheryl James-Wray, Cheryl R. "Salt" James, Salt N' Pepa, Cheryl James Ray, Salt-N-Pepa, Salt-n-Pepper, Cheryl 'Salt' Wray
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All Timeon Nov 27, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
How Martin Selig Escaped Nazi Germany, Reshaped The City's Skyline And Became A Billionaireon Nov 27, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini Huracánon Nov 27, 2015
The Five Wealthiest Drug Lords Of All Timeon Nov 23, 2015
Derek Jeter And 50 Cent Are At The Center Of A Lawsuit Over Underwearon Nov 26, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- BMW Showoff Vs. Side Of Mountain. Who You Got?If you ever own a BMW and you feel like showing off your driving skills, please don't follow this guy's example...
- Dodgers Give 18-Year-Old Cuban Prospect Yusniel Diaz $15.5 Million BonusThe Dodgers are not scared to spend money, so when they decided they really wanted Cuban prospect Yasniel Diaz, they made sure they got him by offering him a $15.5 million bonus.
- Billionaire Roundup: All The Turkeys That Are Fit For StuffingWhile many Americans are prepping to roast Tom Turkey and raise a glass in a toast, the world's billionaires are off doing what billionaires do- spending money, helping the world, preparing for fatherhood, detailing what happened when they were kidnapped… you know, just a typical day in the life of a billionaire.
- Former MLB Great Lenny Dykstra Suing Police For $15 Million Over Alleged BeatingAt one time, Lenny Dykstra was a former World Series champion loved and adored by millions of fans. Now he is a former felon suing the county of Los Angeles for $15 million claiming he suffered brain damage during a jail beating.