Cheryl James AKA Salt Net Worth: Cheryl James AKA Saltan is an American rapper and actress who has a net worth of $14 million. Cheryl James earned her net worth performing in the rapp trio of Salt-N-Peppa, appearing in film, as well as performing in the 2008 hip hop awards. Born Cheryl R. "Salt" James on March 28, 1966, in Brooklyn, New York, US, she is best known as a founding member of the rap trio Salt-N-Pepa. Salt-N-Pepa initially was a duo formed by Cheryl James and Sandra Denton in 1984. Two years later, Deidre Roper joined the group who saw the release of five studio albums: Hot, Cool & Vicious (1986), A Salt with a Deadly Pepa (1988), Blacks' Magic (1990), Very Necessary (1993) and Brand New (1997). With such a prolific portfolio, Salt-N-Pepa became the first female rap act to have gold, platinum, and multi-platinum albums, as well as the first female rap act to earn a Grammy. In addition, the trio co-starred in the comedy Who's the Man? (1993). In 1997, Cheryl James worked with gospel artists Kirk Franklin and God's Property on a song titled Stomp for their album God's Property. While a year later, she and her Salt-mates appeared in the VH1's year-long series, The Salt-N-Pepa Show (2007–2008). The trio disabnded in 2002, but reformed after a six-year-long hiatus in 2008. When it comes to her private life, Cheryl James married her long time partner Gavin Wray on Christmas Eve 2000. The pair has two children together.
Cheryl James AKA Salt Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Cheryl James AKA Salt against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Mar 28, 1966 (50 years old)
Singer, Rapper, Actor
United States of America
Salt, Cheryl R. James, Cheryl James-Wray, Cheryl R. "Salt" James, Salt N' Pepa, Cheryl James Ray, Salt-N-Pepa, Salt-n-Pepper, Cheryl 'Salt' Wray
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
Richard Gere Slashes $11M From Hamptons Home Asking Priceon May 24, 2016
Conor McGregor Wants $100 Million To Fight Floyd Mayweather... And Showtime Is Considering It!on May 23, 2016
El Chapo's United States Extradition Approved By Mexicoon May 24, 2016
How Much Did the Clintons Make From Paid Speeches in 2015?on May 23, 2016
Donald Trump Brags About His Billions, But Downplays Worth to Tax Collectorson May 24, 2016
Cayman Islands Are the Third-Biggest Foreign Owner of US Debton May 24, 2016
Donald Trump May Not Be Worth $10 Billion, But He's Still Very Richon May 22, 2016
David Hasselhoff Claims He Is BROKE. His Wife Begs To Differ...on May 20, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Marvel Studios Hits $10 Billion Box Office MilestoneA recent milestone hit by Marvel Studios in the field of box office receipts serves as a strong reminder of just what a powerhouse this sprawling cinematic franchise has become.
- French Billionaire To Open Tuition-Free School In Silicon Valley… You Won't Believe How He Made His Money!Xavier Niel is a French high school dropout who made his $8.1 billion fortune in technology. Now, he's bringing his unconventional software engineering school to Silicon Valley. The school, called 42, will train future computer programmers for free.
- The Billionaires Banding Together To Bid On Ailing Yahoo!Yahoo has been on shaky ground for some time. Now it appears that the pioneering Internet search engine is putting itself on the market and an unlikely pair of billionaires has teamed up to pursue a possible purchase.
- Jimmy Kimmel Renews Contract with ABC for Another Three YearsABC renews Jimmy Kimmel, currently television's longest-running late night host, for another three years. Kimmel's currently makes $10 million a year, and could stand to earn more as his contract continues.