Rodney Dangerfield Net Worth: Rodney Dangerfield was an American comedian and actor who had a net worth of $10 million. Jacob Rodney Cohen (November 22, 1921 – October 5, 2004), was born in Deer Park, New York, made a name for himself with his signature catchphrase "I don't get no respect!"and his monologues on that theme. Having entered the world of stand-up comedy in his teens, Dangerfield temporarily set his dreams aside a decade later only to give it another try at the age of 40. It was in the early 1960s that he embarked on the long road toward rehabilitating his career as an entertainer, while he was still working as a salesman during the day. Having spent years on the New York club circuit along with performances on "The Ed Sullivan Show" (CBS, 1948-1971), Dangerfield has finally managed to establish a hop with a club of his own. He called the shop Dangerfield's, a perfect name for a place where he would hone his act further and give dozens of future stand up stars their early break. Prominent names like Jim Carrey, Jerry Seinfeld, Roseanne Barr and Sam Kinison all owe their funny father-figure a tremendous debt of gratitude. At an age when most artists retire, Dangerfield reached the peak of his career as a member of the madcap cast of the hit comedy "Caddyshack" (1980). Suddenly a global star at the age of 60, he went on to record hit comedy albums, as well as he appeared in several of his own TV specials and starred in movies like "Caddyshack" (1980),"Easy Money" (1983) and "Back to School" (1986). Later on, he again shocked audiences with an incredible performance as a vile stepfather in Oliver Stone's "Natural Born Killers" (1994). With bulging eyes and a ridiculously tight collar, Dangerfield will be forever remembered as an exceptional but humble stand-up comic who only wanted a little respect and a good belly laugh.
Rodney Dangerfield Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Rodney Dangerfield against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Nov 22, 1921 - Oct 5, 2004 (82 years old)
Actor, Screenwriter, Comedian, Film Producer, Voice Actor
United States of America
5 ft 9 in (1.778 m)
Jacob Cohen, Jack, Jack Roy, Jackie, Jacob Rodney Cohen
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
Florida Judge Upholds Hulk Hogan's $140 Million Gawker Judgmenton May 25, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
Shaquille O'Neal Makes Big Entrance Into The Auto Insurance Industryon May 25, 2016
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
How Long Does It Take To Make As Much As The Richest Person In Your Country?on May 25, 2016
Richard Gere Slashes $11M From Hamptons Home Asking Priceon May 24, 2016
Conor McGregor Wants $100 Million To Fight Floyd Mayweather... And Showtime Is Considering It!on May 23, 2016
Alanis Morissette Sues Business Manageron May 25, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- The Rise Of Technology Has Created A New Era Of Super-Wealthy AmericansThe "American Dream" is alive and well, if you operate in the tech or hedge fund space…
- Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It InsteadAlicia Corning Clark passed away in February at the age of 79. She had no children, family, or friends. She did, however, have a $17 million fortune and three doormen at her Fifth Avenue apartment building she was fond of.
- Why Did Donald Trump Receive a Tax Break For NYC Residents Who Make Less Than $500k?Donald Trump claims to earn a multi-millionaire-dollar income and have a multi-billionaire-dollar worth. But he received AND pocketed a $300 tax break for NYC residents who make less than $500k.
- British Artists Made More Money Off Of Vinyl Sales Than From YouTube StreamingHow did British artists make more money off of vinyl sales than from YouTube streaming?