Rodney Dangerfield Net Worth: Rodney Dangerfield was an American comedian and actor who had a net worth of $10 million. Jacob Rodney Cohen (November 22, 1921 – October 5, 2004), was born in Deer Park, New York, made a name for himself with his signature catchphrase "I don't get no respect!"and his monologues on that theme. Having entered the world of stand-up comedy in his teens, Dangerfield temporarily set his dreams aside a decade later only to give it another try at the age of 40. It was in the early 1960s that he embarked on the long road toward rehabilitating his career as an entertainer, while he was still working as a salesman during the day. Having spent years on the New York club circuit along with performances on "The Ed Sullivan Show" (CBS, 1948-1971), Dangerfield has finally managed to establish a hop with a club of his own. He called the shop Dangerfield's, a perfect name for a place where he would hone his act further and give dozens of future stand up stars their early break. Prominent names like Jim Carrey, Jerry Seinfeld, Roseanne Barr and Sam Kinison all owe their funny father-figure a tremendous debt of gratitude. At an age when most artists retire, Dangerfield reached the peak of his career as a member of the madcap cast of the hit comedy "Caddyshack" (1980). Suddenly a global star at the age of 60, he went on to record hit comedy albums, as well as he appeared in several of his own TV specials and starred in movies like "Caddyshack" (1980),"Easy Money" (1983) and "Back to School" (1986). Later on, he again shocked audiences with an incredible performance as a vile stepfather in Oliver Stone's "Natural Born Killers" (1994). With bulging eyes and a ridiculously tight collar, Dangerfield will be forever remembered as an exceptional but humble stand-up comic who only wanted a little respect and a good belly laugh.
Rodney Dangerfield Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Rodney Dangerfield against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Nov 22, 1921 - Oct 5, 2004 (82 years old)
Actor, Screenwriter, Comedian, Film Producer, Voice Actor
United States of America
5 ft 9 in (1.778 m)
Jacob Cohen, Jack, Jack Roy, Jackie, Jacob Rodney Cohen
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Martin Shkreli's E*Trade Account Has Plummeted In Valueon Feb 5, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
David Bowie's Will Revealed – Here's Who Inherits His $230 Million Estateon Feb 2, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Spent $3.5 Million To Lock Down The 2017 Bugatti Chironon Feb 1, 2016
The President's Million Dollar Buson Feb 5, 2016
Jay-Z Hit With An $18 Million Lawsuit Over Cologne Endorsementon Feb 3, 2016
Top 10 Grossing Arcade Games Of All Timeon Feb 4, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?This Steve Jobs quote absolutely nails the difference in mentality between billionaires and the rest of us. You won't believe how simple and life changing it is!
- John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Buy Rhianna's Former House For $14.1 MillionJohn Legend and Chrissy Teigen have a baby on the way and they must have felt the need to have a little more space, so they bought an 8,520 square foot mansion formerly owned by Rihanna, for $14.1 million.
- Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?Cam Newton and Peyton Manning have taken vastly different paths to reach Super Bowl 50. Which one of them has made more money over his career?
- You'll Never Guess How Much Revenue The Original Arcade Version Of NBA Jams GeneratedWhen it comes to sports oriented arcade games, it doesn't get much better than the original NBA Jam which came out back in 1993. Within a year, it ended up generating an incredible amount in revenue one quarter at a time.