Gilbert Gottfried Net Worth: Gilbert Gottfried is an American stand-up comedian, actor and voice artist who has a net worth of $6 million. Gilbert Gottfried was born February 28, 1955 in Brooklyn, New York City, New York. He started his stand-up career at the age of 15, and in 1980 joined the cast of Saturday Night Live (SNL). Unfortunately for Gottfried, his single season on SNL proved to be a huge disappointment; his appearances were rare, and at the end of the year he and the show agreed to part ways. Gottfried came into prominence doing a series of memorable promo bits for MTV. Over the years he's appeared in numerous films, including Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and The Aristocrats (2005). Gottfried caught a huge break not long after leaving SNL when the recently launched MTV network hired the comedian to do a series of improvised promos. The short spots were a huge hit for the fledgling network and helped put Gottfried on the radar screen of its young audience. His next big break came courtesy of Bill Cosby, who saw the MTV spots and requested that Gottfried audition for a role on his NBC sitcom, The Cosby Show. Over the next few years Gottfried made several appearances on the hit show. In addition, Gottfried, who by now had made screeching and squinting his trademark, regularly appeared on Late Night With David Letterman, Hollywood Squares, The Howard Stern Show and The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. For several years he also hosted his own late-night movie show, USA Up All Night. He also provided the voice for the sarcastic parrot, Lago, in Disney's animated film Aladdin (1992). Several times over his career, the sometimes obnoxious Gottfried garnered negative attention, such as the times he made less-than-humanitarian jokes about the 9/11 attacks on New York City and the earthquake disaster in Japan. He has also appeared on reality television shows like Celebrity Wife Swap, and Celebrity Apprentice with Donald Trump.
Gilbert Gottfried Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Gilbert Gottfried against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Feb 28, 1955 (61 years old)
Comedian, Actor, Voice Actor
United States of America
5 ft 4 in (1.65 m)
America's Creepy Uncle
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found Deadon Jun 28, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling Ringon Jun 27, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Mark Sanchez, Jake Peavy, and Roy Oswalt Defrauded For Over $30 Millionon Jun 28, 2016
Von Miller Will Sit Out Next Season If No Deal By July 15on Jun 28, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Is Israel Building A $5 Billion Artificial Island Off The Gaza Coast?The Israeli government is considering a proposal to build an artificial island off the small Gaza Strip coast for $5 billion. The island would be used mainly as an airport and seaport.
- Folk Rocker David Crosby To Pay $3 Million To Jogger He Hit With CarCrosby was driving near his home in Santa Ynez Valley when he struck Jose Luquin, who was jogging on the side of the road with his son. He has agreed to pay $3.0 million in damages to settle the suit.
- Travis Boersma's Dutch Bros. Coffee Turns 'Bro-istas' Into FranchiseesWhat makes Dutch Bros. Coffee different from other coffee franchises? Founder Travis Boersma's deep commitment to his customers.
- SoftBank CEO Nikesh Arora Steps Down For Masayoshi SonWhy is Masayoshi coming back as leader of SoftBank after offering the job to Arora? What does he have planned?