Christopher Guest Net Worth: Christopher Guest is an English-American actor, comedian, director, screenwriter and musician who has a net worth of $20 million dollars. Christopher (Haden) Guest was born February 5, 1948 in New York City, New York and holds dual British and American citizenship. He is most widely known for writing, directing and starring in several improvisational "mockumentary" films featuring an ensemble cast, beginning with This Is Spinal Tap and moving on to Waiting for Guffman, Best In Show, A Mighty Wind and For Your Consideration. Guest also had a featured role as the evil six-fingered Count Rugen in the film The Princess Bride. A young Guest spent most of his childhood in London where his father, the 4th Baron of Saling, in Essex, was a member of the House of Lords. As a teenager, Guest attended The High School of Music and Art in New York, ferrying back and forth between England and the United States. He credits his geographically diverse childhood for giving him his ability to mimic other dialects. One of Guest's earliest performances came in the Broadway show Moonchildren in 1972. But it wasn't long before he began moving in the direction of comedy, first contributing to The National Lampoon Radio Hour and then working with Chevy Chase in the off-Broadway revue National Lampoon's Lemmings. In the late '70s, Guest began writing and performing for Saturday Night Live (SNL). It was there that he struck gold with This is Spinal Tap, a parody of an English rock band based on Guest's real experiences touring with an unnamed band in 1978. Guest would later team up with Rob Reiner and others to write the script and music for This is Spinal Tap (1984). Guest joined SNL in 1984 for a one year run as a cast member. Throughout the late '80s and early '90s, he made cameo appearances in such hit movies as Little Shop of Horrors. When Guest's father died in 1996, the actor became the 5th Baron Haden-Guest, of Saling, in the County Essex. For three years, until hereditary peers were barred in 1999, Guest regularly attended the House of Lords. Christopher Guest has been married to fellow actor Jamie Lee Curtis since 1984 with whom he shares two adopted kids.
Christopher Guest Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Christopher Guest against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Feb 5, 1948
Screenwriter, Composer, Musician, Film director, Actor, Comedian, Television producer, Television Director, Film Score Composer, Film Producer
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)
Christopher Haden-Guest, Lord Haden-Guest, Christopher Haden-Guest, 5th Baron Haden-Guest, Christopher Guest, 5th Baron Haden-Guest, The Hon. Christopher Haden-Guest, The 5th Baron Haden-Guest, of Great Saling, in the County of Essex, 5th Baron Haden-Guest, The Right Honourable The Baron Haden-Guest, The Baron Haden-Guest, The 5th Baron Haden-Guest, of Saling in the County of Essex
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
50 Cent Agrees To Re-List Connecticut Mansion As Part Of Bankruptcy Filingon Aug 27, 2015
Mind-Boggling Beverly Hills Estate Hits The Market For $135 Millionon Aug 27, 2015
Michael Jordan Has Zero Influence On Who Wears His Shoes, And The Reason Why Is Kind Of Strange...on Aug 27, 2015
Floyd Mayweather Drops Almost $5 Million On Extremely Limited Hypercaron Aug 26, 2015
Dr. Dre's 'Compton' Album Sales Dip 85% In A Week... And We May Know The Reason Whyon Aug 26, 2015
Would You Accept $3 Million To Perform At A Wedding? Not If Your Name Is Taylor Swift...on Aug 27, 2015
Fetty Wap Keeps Destroying Music Records...on Aug 27, 2015
10 Weird And Awesome Things You Can Buy With A Million Bucks...on Aug 25, 2015
Alicia Keys And Swizz Beatz List New Jersey Mansion For $14.9 Millionon Aug 26, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Buffalo Bills Could Soon Have Over $250 Million In Contracts On The Defensive FrontBetween the three, that's a total of $163.3 million in contracts. If the team wants to keep Marcell Dareus in the fold, they are going to have to pay him a bundle. Rumor has it they are willing to do so, and have offered him a six-year deal worth $90 million.
- Would You Pay $5.2 Million For Michael Moore's Lake House? Check It Out!When the three main features of the property are 300 feet of lake frontage, size and more size, $5.2 million sounds like remarkable pricing for Michael Moore's former mansion...
- This Week In Celebrity Car News (August 19 – August 25)This week celebrities have been buying, selling, and upgrading their cars so let's take a closer look.
- Golfer Ernie Els Donates Millions To Build Special School For Autistic ChildrenRecently, Ernie Els was in Jupiter, Florida, to see a project he has been involved in for eight years and to which he has donated a lot of time and money become reality – the Els Center of Excellence, a special school for autistic children.