Christopher Guest Net Worth: Christopher Guest is an English-American actor, comedian, director, screenwriter and musician who has a net worth of $20 million dollars. Christopher (Haden) Guest was born February 5, 1948 in New York City, New York and holds dual British and American citizenship. He is most widely known for writing, directing and starring in several improvisational "mockumentary" films featuring an ensemble cast, beginning with This Is Spinal Tap and moving on to Waiting for Guffman, Best In Show, A Mighty Wind and For Your Consideration. Guest also had a featured role as the evil six-fingered Count Rugen in the film The Princess Bride. A young Guest spent most of his childhood in London where his father, the 4th Baron of Saling, in Essex, was a member of the House of Lords. As a teenager, Guest attended The High School of Music and Art in New York, ferrying back and forth between England and the United States. He credits his geographically diverse childhood for giving him his ability to mimic other dialects. One of Guest's earliest performances came in the Broadway show Moonchildren in 1972. But it wasn't long before he began moving in the direction of comedy, first contributing to The National Lampoon Radio Hour and then working with Chevy Chase in the off-Broadway revue National Lampoon's Lemmings. In the late '70s, Guest began writing and performing for Saturday Night Live (SNL). It was there that he struck gold with This is Spinal Tap, a parody of an English rock band based on Guest's real experiences touring with an unnamed band in 1978. Guest would later team up with Rob Reiner and others to write the script and music for This is Spinal Tap (1984). Guest joined SNL in 1984 for a one year run as a cast member. Throughout the late '80s and early '90s, he made cameo appearances in such hit movies as Little Shop of Horrors. When Guest's father died in 1996, the actor became the 5th Baron Haden-Guest, of Saling, in the County Essex. For three years, until hereditary peers were barred in 1999, Guest regularly attended the House of Lords. Christopher Guest has been married to fellow actor Jamie Lee Curtis since 1984 with whom he shares two adopted kids.
Christopher Guest Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Christopher Guest against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Feb 5, 1948 (68 years old)
Screenwriter, Composer, Musician, Film director, Actor, Comedian, Television producer, Television Director, Film Score Composer, Film Producer
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)
Christopher Haden-Guest, Lord Haden-Guest, Christopher Haden-Guest, 5th Baron Haden-Guest, Christopher Guest, 5th Baron Haden-Guest, The Hon. Christopher Haden-Guest, The 5th Baron Haden-Guest, of Great Saling, in the County of Essex, 5th Baron Haden-Guest, The Right Honourable The Baron Haden-Guest, The Baron Haden-Guest, The 5th Baron Haden-Guest, of Saling in the County of Essex
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone Elseon Feb 8, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- The 10 Most Successful NBA OwnersYou might be surprised by which NBA teams' owners are the most successful. Here's a clue: success on the court isn't always an indicator...
- Salsa King Marc Anthony Puts Tarzana Mansion On Market For $4.35 MillionSalsa king March Anthony outdid every groom on the planet when he bought his bride a $4.1 million mansion in Tarzana for a wedding present, but it appears that she has grown tired of it. The couple is selling the mansion for $4.35 million.
- How Pat Bowlen Saved The Denver Broncos From Extinction And Earned $1 Billion In The ProcessWhen a professional sports team might leave its home city, it takes a hero to save the day. A hero with unlimited financial resources. For the Denver Broncos, that hero was Pat Bowlen.
- Who Will Be The First $100 Million Earner In Tennis - Novak Djokovic Or Roger Federer?Tennis has not had a player reach the $100 million career earnings milestone, but could soon have two, Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer. Federer currently has the lead with $97.9 million followed by Djokovic with $96.9 million.