Cheech Marin Net Worth: Cheech Marin is an American comedian, actor, and writer who has a net worth of $12 million dollars. Born in 1946 in Los Angeles, California, as Richard Anthony Marin, Cheech Marin is well known for his work in the comedy duo Cheech & Chong with Tommy Chong. Marin studied at San Fernando Valley State College and moved to Canada to avoid being drafted during the Vietnam War. While in Canada, he met Tommy Chong. His nickname Cheech is derived from the word "chicharron", which is a fried pork skin often considered a delicacy in Mexican culture. Chicharron is a popular snack amongst pot smokers, and fit well with Chong's last name to create the alliterative Cheech & Chong. During the '70s and '80s, he appeared in several movies as part of the comedy act. The duo has released nearly a dozen albums, including their 1971 self-titled debut. Their next three albums, "Big Bambu", "Los Cochinos", and "Cheech & Chong's Wedding Album," all charted in the top five. The two separated in 1985 and Marin continued his acting career, appearing in several films, including "The Shrimp on the Barbie" and "Once Upon a Time in Mexico". Soon after, he began working in TV, scoring parts on "The Golden Palace", "Nash Bridges", "Judging Amy", and "Rob". Marin appeared in the "Spy Kids" movies, and lent his voice to characters in "Oliver & Company", "The Lion King", "Cars", and "Cars 2". He also worked in children's music, releasing two well-received albums. Marin penned his first children's book, "Cheech the School Bus Driver", in 2007. He won "Celebrity Jeopardy!'s Million Dollar Celebrity Invitational" in 2010, defeating Aisha Tyler and Anderson Cooper. Marin has been married several times, most recently to Natasha Rubin in 2009.
Cheech Marin Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jul 13, 1946
Comedian, Actor, Screenwriter, Voice Actor, Writer, Film Producer, Film director
United States of America
5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)
Hispanic and Latino Americans
Richard Marin, Richard Anthony Marin, Cheech, Richard 'Cheech' Marin, Alice Bowie, Richard Anthony "Cheech" Marin
Highest Paid TV Actors And Actresses Of 2015on Aug 31, 2015
Jerry Seinfeld Turned Down Huge, Unprecedented NBC Offer For 10th Seasonon Aug 31, 2015
'Minecraft' Creator Claims Becoming A Billionaire Made Him Feel "Isolated"on Aug 31, 2015
Does Ronda Rousey Really Make More Than Floyd Mayweather Per Second?on Aug 31, 2015
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
5 Reality Show Concepts That Failed Horriblyon Aug 30, 2015
Former NFL Running Back Clinton Portis Has Not Had Good Fortune With His Moneyon Aug 31, 2015
Love, Marriage And A New $13.9 Million Mansion For Tracy Morganon Aug 30, 2015
Which Celebrity Has The Most Valuable Twitter Account?on Aug 30, 2015
How Jamie Siminoff Turned 'Shark Tank' Loss Into A $28 Million Winon Aug 28, 2015
Cheech Marin Earnings
- Nash Bridges$75,000/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Fascinating Ups And Downs Behind The Multi-Million Dollar "Happy Birthday" Royalty WarIf "Happy Birthday" becomes public domain, it'll cost the rights holder, Warner Music Group, millions in licensing fees.
- Top 5 Most Costly Natural Disasters In HistoryNatural disasters are uncontrollable and capable of causing astronomical damages. Check out the top 5 most costly disasters of all time!
- $390 Million Worth Of Deals Were Just Transacted At Monterey Car WeekDuring the course of this dream week for car collectors a total of $390 million changed hands including cars that sold for over $16 million.
- Music Executives Love Taylor Swift, Hate Rap Music, And Think Tidal Will FailSome interesting revelations were made in an anonymous survey where roughly 50 music executives were asked their opinions on various topics.