Cheech Marin Net Worth: Cheech Marin is an American comedian, actor, and writer who has a net worth of $12 million dollars. Born in 1946 in Los Angeles, California, as Richard Anthony Marin, Cheech Marin is well known for his work in the comedy duo Cheech & Chong with Tommy Chong. Marin studied at San Fernando Valley State College and moved to Canada to avoid being drafted during the Vietnam War. While in Canada, he met Tommy Chong. His nickname Cheech is derived from the word "chicharron", which is a fried pork skin often considered a delicacy in Mexican culture. Chicharron is a popular snack amongst pot smokers, and fit well with Chong's last name to create the alliterative Cheech & Chong. During the '70s and '80s, he appeared in several movies as part of the comedy act. The duo has released nearly a dozen albums, including their 1971 self-titled debut. Their next three albums, "Big Bambu", "Los Cochinos", and "Cheech & Chong's Wedding Album," all charted in the top five. The two separated in 1985 and Marin continued his acting career, appearing in several films, including "The Shrimp on the Barbie" and "Once Upon a Time in Mexico". Soon after, he began working in TV, scoring parts on "The Golden Palace", "Nash Bridges", "Judging Amy", and "Rob". Marin appeared in the "Spy Kids" movies, and lent his voice to characters in "Oliver & Company", "The Lion King", "Cars", and "Cars 2". He also worked in children's music, releasing two well-received albums. Marin penned his first children's book, "Cheech the School Bus Driver", in 2007. He won "Celebrity Jeopardy!'s Million Dollar Celebrity Invitational" in 2010, defeating Aisha Tyler and Anderson Cooper. Marin has been married several times, most recently to Natasha Rubin in 2009.
Cheech Marin Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jul 13, 1946 (69 years old)
Comedian, Actor, Screenwriter, Voice Actor, Writer, Film Producer, Film director
United States of America
5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)
Hispanic and Latino Americans
Richard Marin, Richard Anthony Marin, Cheech, Richard 'Cheech' Marin, Alice Bowie, Richard Anthony "Cheech" Marin
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
Martin Shkreli's E*Trade Account Has Plummeted In Valueon Feb 5, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Spent $3.5 Million To Lock Down The 2017 Bugatti Chironon Feb 1, 2016
David Bowie's Will Revealed – Here's Who Inherits His $230 Million Estateon Feb 2, 2016
The President's Million Dollar Buson Feb 5, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
The Owners Of The Denver Broncos Have Had An Insanely Good Return On Their Investment!on Feb 5, 2016
Cheech Marin Earnings
- Nash Bridges$75,000/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Buy Rhianna's Former House For $14.1 MillionJohn Legend and Chrissy Teigen have a baby on the way and they must have felt the need to have a little more space, so they bought an 8,520 square foot mansion formerly owned by Rihanna, for $14.1 million.
- Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?Cam Newton and Peyton Manning have taken vastly different paths to reach Super Bowl 50. Which one of them has made more money over his career?
- You'll Never Guess How Much Revenue The Original Arcade Version Of NBA Jams GeneratedWhen it comes to sports oriented arcade games, it doesn't get much better than the original NBA Jam which came out back in 1993. Within a year, it ended up generating an incredible amount in revenue one quarter at a time.
- Billionaire Roundup: Trump Is Subject Of Erotic Novel; Sheldon Adelson Tightens The Reigns And More Billionaire ShenanigansThere is an erotic novel about Donald Trump and it is a huge hit on Amazon. Find out about this and other billionaire shenanigans in this week's Billionaire Roundup.