Cheech Marin Net Worth: Cheech Marin is an American comedian, actor, and writer who has a net worth of $12 million dollars. Born in 1946 in Los Angeles, California, as Richard Anthony Marin, Cheech Marin is well known for his work in the comedy duo Cheech & Chong with Tommy Chong. Marin studied at San Fernando Valley State College and moved to Canada to avoid being drafted during the Vietnam War. While in Canada, he met Tommy Chong. His nickname Cheech is derived from the word "chicharron", which is a fried pork skin often considered a delicacy in Mexican culture. Chicharron is a popular snack amongst pot smokers, and fit well with Chong's last name to create the alliterative Cheech & Chong. During the '70s and '80s, he appeared in several movies as part of the comedy act. The duo has released nearly a dozen albums, including their 1971 self-titled debut. Their next three albums, "Big Bambu", "Los Cochinos", and "Cheech & Chong's Wedding Album," all charted in the top five. The two separated in 1985 and Marin continued his acting career, appearing in several films, including "The Shrimp on the Barbie" and "Once Upon a Time in Mexico". Soon after, he began working in TV, scoring parts on "The Golden Palace", "Nash Bridges", "Judging Amy", and "Rob". Marin appeared in the "Spy Kids" movies, and lent his voice to characters in "Oliver & Company", "The Lion King", "Cars", and "Cars 2". He also worked in children's music, releasing two well-received albums. Marin penned his first children's book, "Cheech the School Bus Driver", in 2007. He won "Celebrity Jeopardy!'s Million Dollar Celebrity Invitational" in 2010, defeating Aisha Tyler and Anderson Cooper. Marin has been married several times, most recently to Natasha Rubin in 2009.
Cheech Marin Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Jul 13, 1946 (69 years old)
Comedian, Actor, Screenwriter, Voice Actor, Writer, Film Producer, Film director
United States of America
5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)
Hispanic and Latino Americans
Richard Marin, Richard Anthony Marin, Cheech, Richard 'Cheech' Marin, Alice Bowie, Richard Anthony "Cheech" Marin
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
Richard Gere Slashes $11M From Hamptons Home Asking Priceon May 24, 2016
Conor McGregor Wants $100 Million To Fight Floyd Mayweather... And Showtime Is Considering It!on May 23, 2016
El Chapo's United States Extradition Approved By Mexicoon May 24, 2016
How Much Did the Clintons Make From Paid Speeches in 2015?on May 23, 2016
Donald Trump Brags About His Billions, But Downplays Worth to Tax Collectorson May 24, 2016
Cayman Islands Are the Third-Biggest Foreign Owner of US Debton May 24, 2016
Donald Trump May Not Be Worth $10 Billion, But He's Still Very Richon May 22, 2016
David Hasselhoff Claims He Is BROKE. His Wife Begs To Differ...on May 20, 2016
Cheech Marin Earnings
- Nash Bridges$75,000/episode
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Alanis Morissette Sues Business ManagerAlanis Morissette has fired her manager, Jonathan Schwartz, and is suing him for upwards of $15 million. Morissette claims Schwartz has been stealing millions from her accounts without her knowledge or consent.
- China Tops Panama Papers List of People And Companies Hiding Money In Offshore AccountsThe Panama Papers leak reveals that China tops the list of people and companies with the most secret offshore bank accounts in the world. Government censors are working to scrub any mention of the leak in media reports and on the Internet.
- A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty SumMaster P is going to have to fork over some money to his ex-wife Sonya Miller – here's why...
- How Long Does It Take To Make As Much As The Richest Person In Your Country?Obviously, the Celebrity Net Worth staff spends a lot of time talking and writing about billionaires. In that spirit, I recently wondered how long it would take the average person making the average salary to amass the multi-billion dollar fortune of the richest person in their country?