Johnathan Hillstrand net worth: Jonathan Hillstrand is an Alaskan commercial fishing vessel captain who has a net worth of $2.2 million. Jon Hillstrand has earned his net worth as co-captain and co-owner, (along with his brothers) of the crab fishing vessel the Time Bandit that is seen on the Discovery Channel reality show, Deadliest Catch. He was born in Homer, Alaska as a third generation Alaskan fisherman, and has been on commercial fishing vessels since he was 3 years old. He began fishing at the age of 7 and has been commercially fishing crab since the age of 17. When he is not fishing, he works alongside his family on other Hillstrand family businesses including: Time Bandit Fireworks, Time Bandit Spirits, Time Bandit Entertainment, Time Bandit Productions and the Time Bandit Gear Store. He is a NASCAR and NHRA enthusiast and a big fan of the Dallas Cowboys. Jon is known for being the practical joker on the boat. He and his brother Andy (who is the co-Captain of the Time Bandit) appeared on a television commercial for Geico Insurance and at one time were discussing a spinoff show about their boat with the Discovery Channel. During the end of filming Season 6, Hillstrand and other captains featured on the Deadliest Catch were sued by the Discovery Channel in a $3 million lawsuit which almost made them quit the show, meaning they would not be featured in Season 7. The men were concerned at the time of the lawsuit because they were under the impression that the Discovery Channel had filmed everything they needed, but the television executives said they still needed pickup shots. Adding additional filming at this time would have negatively effect the schedules of the fishing vessels and the men put fishing first. In the end, the Discovery Channel and the captains of Time Bandit and Northwestern ended up reaching a deal, and the crews returned to the show; after the death of Captain Phil Harris, the Captain of the Cornelia Marie, the show would not have survived another drastic casting change.
Jonathan Hillstrand Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Jonathan Hillstrand against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
United States of America
Jonathan Michael Hillstrand, Johnathan Hillstrand, Captain John, Jonathan, Jonny, John
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA Historyon Jun 25, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Rock On! Led Zeppelin Found Innocent Of Plagiarism ChargesThey're innocent! After a lengthy legal battle, legendary rock band Led Zeppelin was recently found not guilty of plagiarizing the opening riff to its iconic Stairway to Heaven song from a lesser-known band.
- "Clash of Clans" Sold For $8.6 Billion To Chinese Internet FirmEvery day, millions of people play "Clash of Clans" on their smartphones or tablets. These millions of players are making billions of dollars for game developer Supercell.
- How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?O.J. Simpson's famous legal "dream team" cost him approximately $50,000 for every day of his murder trial. How exactly was he able to afford it while he was imprisoned?
- Tunisian Billionaire Disappears Before He Can Be Deported To Face Prison Time In Home CountryBelhassen Trabelsi is a Tunisian billionaire refugee and he is missing. It turns out that his missing status is quite convenient, as he was about to be deported from Canada, to face charges back at home.