Johnathan Hillstrand net worth: Jonathan Hillstrand is an Alaskan commercial fishing vessel captain who has a net worth of $2.2 million. Jon Hillstrand has earned his net worth as co-captain and co-owner, (along with his brothers) of the crab fishing vessel the Time Bandit that is seen on the Discovery Channel reality show, Deadliest Catch. He was born in Homer, Alaska as a third generation Alaskan fisherman, and has been on commercial fishing vessels since he was 3 years old. He began fishing at the age of 7 and has been commercially fishing crab since the age of 17. When he is not fishing, he works alongside his family on other Hillstrand family businesses including: Time Bandit Fireworks, Time Bandit Spirits, Time Bandit Entertainment, Time Bandit Productions and the Time Bandit Gear Store. He is a NASCAR and NHRA enthusiast and a big fan of the Dallas Cowboys. Jon is known for being the practical joker on the boat. He and his brother Andy (who is the co-Captain of the Time Bandit) appeared on a television commercial for Geico Insurance and at one time were discussing a spinoff show about their boat with the Discovery Channel. During the end of filming Season 6, Hillstrand and other captains featured on the Deadliest Catch were sued by the Discovery Channel in a $3 million lawsuit which almost made them quit the show, meaning they would not be featured in Season 7. The men were concerned at the time of the lawsuit because they were under the impression that the Discovery Channel had filmed everything they needed, but the television executives said they still needed pickup shots. Adding additional filming at this time would have negatively effect the schedules of the fishing vessels and the men put fishing first. In the end, the Discovery Channel and the captains of Time Bandit and Northwestern ended up reaching a deal, and the crews returned to the show; after the death of Captain Phil Harris, the Captain of the Cornelia Marie, the show would not have survived another drastic casting change.
Jonathan Hillstrand Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Jonathan Hillstrand against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
United States of America
Jonathan Michael Hillstrand, Johnathan Hillstrand, Captain John, Jonathan, Jonny, John
Soulja Boy Claims He Just Signed A $400 Million Dealon May 4, 2016
Prince's Alleged Love Child May Stand to Inherit His Entire Fortuneon May 5, 2016
Billionaire Roundup: Cinqo De Mayo Editionon May 6, 2016
Skip Bayless Left ESPN For A REALLY Big Paydayon May 4, 2016
Dirk Nowitzki Is Giving Up A Lot Of Money To Stay With The Maverickson May 5, 2016
Dana White Making An Expensive Mistake By Not Putting Conor McGregor Back on UFC 200 Fight Card?on May 5, 2016
Why Is Over Half Of Prince's Fortune Going To The Government?on May 4, 2016
Conor McGregor Offered $2-3 Million To Fight For Rival Promotionson May 5, 2016
The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer Enyaon May 3, 2016
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Lack Of Faith Forces Leicester Fan To Miss Out On Turning 73 Cents Into $3,600There are a lot of euphoric Leicester City fans right about now, since their team has officially won the Premier League. However, there is going to be at least one who is somber. He or she could have turned 73 cents into thousands – but didn't.
- If Yahoo's CEO is Fired, She Gets $55 MillionGetting fired by your employer is never a good thing, but how would you like $55 million to make up for it?
- Warren Buffett Credits His Diet For Longevity And Happiness – And You Won't Believe What He Eats!Billionaire investor Warren Buffett is in remarkably good health at 85 years old. He claims his unconventional diet is the key to his happiness and longevity.
- Comcast Pockets DreamWorks Animation For $3.8 BillionA welcome payday and a beneficial partnership are in the making following the announcement that Comcast will acquire DreamWorks Pictures' powerful animation arm, DreamWorks Animation.