Johnathan Hillstrand net worth: Jonathan Hillstrand is an Alaskan commercial fishing vessel captain who has a net worth of $2.2 million. Jon Hillstrand has earned his net worth as co-captain and co-owner, (along with his brothers) of the crab fishing vessel the Time Bandit that is seen on the Discovery Channel reality show, Deadliest Catch. He was born in Homer, Alaska as a third generation Alaskan fisherman, and has been on commercial fishing vessels since he was 3 years old. He began fishing at the age of 7 and has been commercially fishing crab since the age of 17. When he is not fishing, he works alongside his family on other Hillstrand family businesses including: Time Bandit Fireworks, Time Bandit Spirits, Time Bandit Entertainment, Time Bandit Productions and the Time Bandit Gear Store. He is a NASCAR and NHRA enthusiast and a big fan of the Dallas Cowboys. Jon is known for being the practical joker on the boat. He and his brother Andy (who is the co-Captain of the Time Bandit) appeared on a television commercial for Geico Insurance and at one time were discussing a spinoff show about their boat with the Discovery Channel. During the end of filming Season 6, Hillstrand and other captains featured on the Deadliest Catch were sued by the Discovery Channel in a $3 million lawsuit which almost made them quit the show, meaning they would not be featured in Season 7. The men were concerned at the time of the lawsuit because they were under the impression that the Discovery Channel had filmed everything they needed, but the television executives said they still needed pickup shots. Adding additional filming at this time would have negatively effect the schedules of the fishing vessels and the men put fishing first. In the end, the Discovery Channel and the captains of Time Bandit and Northwestern ended up reaching a deal, and the crews returned to the show; after the death of Captain Phil Harris, the Captain of the Cornelia Marie, the show would not have survived another drastic casting change.
Jonathan Hillstrand Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Jonathan Hillstrand against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
United States of America
Jonathan Michael Hillstrand, Johnathan Hillstrand, Captain John, Jonathan, Jonny, John
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And Allon Feb 9, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever Madeon Feb 10, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
Saudi Billionaire Trying To Use Diplomatic Immunity To Get Out Of Potentially VERY Expensive Divorceon Feb 9, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Everything You Need To Know From Super Bowl 50Another NFL season has come and gone. This Super Bowl was a lot of fun for fans of defense, and probably for Beyonce fans, too. In case you missed any of the action, here are the highlights from the game.
- Are Elizabeth Holmes And Her Revolutionary Blood Testing Company Running Out Of Time?Last fall, Elizabeth Holmes, billionaire CEO of Theranos, Inc. faced some serious heat when it was revealed that her innovative method of testing blood wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Months later, there still aren't any answers. Is time running out for Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes?
- "Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social MediaHow did 50 Cent go from being one of the most successful rappers and business moguls in the world to having creditors pick apart his dwindling fortune? We break the story down for here.
- Rita Ora Slapped With A $2.4 Million Lawsuit From Roc NationRita Ora recently sued Roc Nation for over $2 million for leaving her music career in the dust. Now, Roc Nation is hitting the 25-year-old with a lawsuit of their own.