Gloria Vanderbilt net worth: Gloria Vanderbilt is an American socialite, fashion designer, actor and entrepreneur who has a net worth of $200 million. Gloria Vanderbilt was born on February 20, 1924 in New York City, New York. She is a member of the esteemed Vanderbilt family. Her son is CNN anchor Anderson Cooper. Gloria's father, Reginald Claypoole Vanderbilt, was the great grandson of Commodore Cornelius Vanderbilt. Cornelius Vanderbilt was the third wealthiest American of all time. After adjusting for inflation, Cornelius died with a fortune equal to $185 billion. Cornelius earned his first fortune in shipping but the extreme wealth came much later on in life from railroads and real estate. Gloria Vanderbilt inherited most of her net worth from her father Reginald who was the only male heir to the Vanderbilt railroad fortune. Her father died when Gloria was just one year old. He left her a trust fund that was worth $5 million in 1925 which is equal to roughly $70 million in today's dollars. Though she easily had the wealth and connections to live a lazy socialite life, Gloria ended up building a very successful career as a fashion designer and artist. After achieving some early success as an artist, Gloria lent her name to a line of designer jeans and fragrances which were sold at high end department stores throughout the world.
Gloria Vanderbilt Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Gloria Vanderbilt against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Feb 20, 1924
Designer, Actor, Artist, Writer, Fashion designer, Socialite, Visual Artist
United States of America
Gloria Laura Morgan Vanderbilt, Gloria Laura Vanderbilt Morgan, Gloria Laura Vanderbilt Cooper, Gloria Vanderbilt Stokowski, Little Gloria, The Poor Little Rich Girl, Gloria Laura Vanderbilt, Gloria Vanderbilt-DiCicco-Stokowski-Lumet-Cooper
5 Little Known Facts About The Rothschild Familyon Sep 1, 2015
Bono Did Not Make $1.5 Billion Off Facebook. Let's Clear This Rumor Up Right Now...on Sep 1, 2015
Highest Paid TV Actors And Actresses Of 2015on Aug 31, 2015
Does Ronda Rousey Really Make More Than Floyd Mayweather Per Second?on Aug 31, 2015
5 Reality Show Concepts That Failed Horriblyon Aug 30, 2015
Which Celebrity Has The Most Valuable Twitter Account?on Aug 30, 2015
'Minecraft' Creator Claims Becoming A Billionaire Made Him Feel "Isolated"on Aug 31, 2015
Jerry Seinfeld Turned Down Huge, Unprecedented NBC Offer For 10th Seasonon Aug 31, 2015
Alex Rodriguez Is Being Sued For $100 Million – By A Family Memberon Sep 1, 2015
Love, Marriage And A New $13.9 Million Mansion For Tracy Morganon Aug 30, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Trent Williams Just Became The Highest-Paid Tackle In NFL History… How Much Will He Make?It's a good day for Trent Williams, who just signed a record-breaking contract to remain with Washington. Just how much will he earn?
- Daniel Ek Set Out To Disrupt The Music Industry... So He Created Spotify And Made $400 MillionSpotify's Daniel Ek has built a way to make music available to listeners for free without piracy issues, while at the same time offering a sustainable revenue model to musicians and investors. Here is how he did it...
- Trick Daddy Files For Chapter 11 BankruptcyTrick Daddy recently joined the likes of 50 Cent, and probably not in the way that he would have wanted...
- Weekend Box Office Review For August 28th-August 30thStraight Outta Compton held on to the #1 spot, but how did other movies stack up?