Gloria Vanderbilt net worth: Gloria Vanderbilt is an American socialite, fashion designer, actor and entrepreneur who has a net worth of $200 million. Gloria Vanderbilt was born on February 20, 1924 in New York City, New York. She is a member of the esteemed Vanderbilt family. Her son is CNN anchor Anderson Cooper. Gloria's father, Reginald Claypoole Vanderbilt, was the great grandson of Commodore Cornelius Vanderbilt. Cornelius Vanderbilt was the third wealthiest American of all time. After adjusting for inflation, Cornelius died with a fortune equal to $185 billion. Cornelius earned his first fortune in shipping but the extreme wealth came much later on in life from railroads and real estate. Gloria Vanderbilt inherited most of her net worth from her father Reginald who was the only male heir to the Vanderbilt railroad fortune. Her father died when Gloria was just one year old. He left her a trust fund that was worth $5 million in 1925 which is equal to roughly $70 million in today's dollars. Though she easily had the wealth and connections to live a lazy socialite life, Gloria ended up building a very successful career as a fashion designer and artist. After achieving some early success as an artist, Gloria lent her name to a line of designer jeans and fragrances which were sold at high end department stores throughout the world.
Gloria Vanderbilt Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Gloria Vanderbilt against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Feb 20, 1924 (91 years old)
Designer, Actor, Artist, Writer, Fashion designer, Socialite, Visual Artist
United States of America
Gloria Laura Morgan Vanderbilt, Gloria Laura Vanderbilt Morgan, Gloria Laura Vanderbilt Cooper, Gloria Vanderbilt Stokowski, Little Gloria, The Poor Little Rich Girl, Gloria Laura Vanderbilt, Gloria Vanderbilt-DiCicco-Stokowski-Lumet-Cooper
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
"Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social Mediaon Feb 10, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever Madeon Feb 10, 2016
The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone Elseon Feb 8, 2016
Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And Allon Feb 9, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- How Daisy Fuentes Went From MTV VJ To A $300 Million Retail TycoonMTV's most famous Latina VJ may be off the air, but she's still breaking boundaries in business and beauty.
- The Saudi Royal Family Gave The Malaysian Prime Minister $700 Million Cash... Just For Funsies!A corruption probe by the Malaysian attorney general found that a transfer of funds from the Saudi Arabian royal family to Razak's bank account in the amount of almost $700 million was just a "gift."
- These Four Celebrities Lost HUGE Lawsuits And Paid The Price!Being rich and famous doesn't always mean an automatic get out of jail free card. In fact, these four celebrities lost huge lawsuits and are paying the price.
- Elon Musk Has Lost $3.3 Billion In The Last Few MonthsElon Musk's space rockets aren't the only things crashing and burning. Musk lost $3.3 billion in the past year, as stock in solar panel installer SolarCity and high-end electric car maker Tesla plummet.