Peter Jackson net worth: Peter Jackson is a New Zealand-born director, writer, and producer who has a net worth of $450 million dollars. Peter Jackson is most widely recognized for his multi-award winning film adaption of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. As of November 27th, 2012, The Lord of the Rings trilogy has earned $4 billion at the box office and on DVD. Jackson earned $180 million off The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Prior to striking it rich with LOTR, Peter Jackson had actually been making movies since the mid-70s. Some of his other directing credits include, "Heavenly Creatures", "King Kong", and "The Lovely Bones". Fresh off the success of LOTR, Jackson was paid $20 million plus 20% of the box office take for directing King Kong. This became one of the highest salaries ever paid to a director after King Kong earned $600 million world wide. Jackson's net worth was estimated at $370 million in 2009 when he purchased Gulfstream G550 private jet. The jet, which seats 18 people, is powerful enough to fly from New Zealand to the United States without having to stop to refuel and is rumored to have cost Jackson $60 million. Jackson lives on a $5 million property in New Zealand that features a private lake and Frodo Baggins' home set from the LOTR movies.
Peter Jackson Net Worth
Date of Birth
Screenwriter, Film Producer, Film director, Actor
5 ft 6 in (1.69 m)
Sir Peter Jackson, PJ, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, KNZM, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, ONZ, Peter Robert Jackson, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, ONZ KNZM, Pete
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Ozzie Silna, One Of The Brothers Who Made $800 Million Off The Best Business Deal Of All Time, Dies At 83on Apr 28, 2016
Prince Has Sold A Staggering Amount Of Music Since His Untimely Deathon Apr 29, 2016
The Owners Of The Golden State Warriors Have Seen An Incredible Return On Their Initial $450 Million Investmenton Apr 26, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
The Time A Professional Gambler Turned $50 Into $40 MILLION... And Eventually Ended Up Brokeon Apr 26, 2016
You Won't Believe Ludacris's Ridiculous Demands For A 13-Minute Performance!on Apr 26, 2016
Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna Could Rake In Over A Million For TV Wedding Specialon Apr 28, 2016
Renting A House To Prince Was An Interesting Experience. Just Ask Carlos Boozer...on Apr 27, 2016
Manny Pacquiao's Final Fight Was Such A Dud, It's Going To LOSE Moneyon Apr 27, 2016
Peter Jackson Earnings
- King Kong$20,000,00020% of gross (shared with fellow co-writers/co-producers)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring$10,000,000salary for all 3 Lord of the Rings (plus % of gross)
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- An Innapropriate Tweet Cost Laremy Tunsil $8-13 Million At The NFL DraftYesterday, NFL draftee Laremy Tunsil learned the hard way that an inappropriate tweet can cost you A TON of money.
- Tom Brady Restructured His Contract And It Will Save Him $2 Million During His SuspensionTom Brady is known for his excellent decision-making on the field. His latest move came during the off-season, and it'll save him big bucks.
- More NBA Teams Willing To Pay Top Dollar For The Head Coach They WantThe Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards have talented rosters, but have not been able to form a winning team with that talent for some time. However, by paying top dollar for their next head coaches, they hope to reverse that trend and start winning.
- Billionaire Didn't Notice For Years That Her $1M Picasso Painting Was StolenYou know you're seriously rich when a million-dollar painting can be stolen from your home, and it takes you many years to notice that it's gone.