Peter Jackson net worth: Peter Jackson is a New Zealand-born director, writer, and producer who has a net worth of $450 million dollars. Peter Jackson is most widely recognized for his multi-award winning film adaption of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. As of November 27th, 2012, The Lord of the Rings trilogy has earned $4 billion at the box office and on DVD. Jackson earned $180 million off The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Prior to striking it rich with LOTR, Peter Jackson had actually been making movies since the mid-70s. Some of his other directing credits include, "Heavenly Creatures", "King Kong", and "The Lovely Bones". Fresh off the success of LOTR, Jackson was paid $20 million plus 20% of the box office take for directing King Kong. This became one of the highest salaries ever paid to a director after King Kong earned $600 million world wide. Jackson's net worth was estimated at $370 million in 2009 when he purchased Gulfstream G550 private jet. The jet, which seats 18 people, is powerful enough to fly from New Zealand to the United States without having to stop to refuel and is rumored to have cost Jackson $60 million. Jackson lives on a $5 million property in New Zealand that features a private lake and Frodo Baggins' home set from the LOTR movies.
Peter Jackson Net Worth
Date of Birth
Screenwriter, Film Producer, Film director, Actor
5 ft 6 in (1.69 m)
Sir Peter Jackson, PJ, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, KNZM, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, ONZ, Peter Robert Jackson, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, ONZ KNZM, Pete
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone Elseon Feb 8, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
Peter Jackson Earnings
- King Kong$20,000,00020% of gross (shared with fellow co-writers/co-producers)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring$10,000,000salary for all 3 Lord of the Rings (plus % of gross)
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Eccentric Millionaire John McAfee is Making a ComebackRenegade and eccentric cybersecurity pioneer John McAfee is back in the news with new business ventures, documentaries, and a bid for the White House.
- Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And AllBeacher's Madhouse creator Jeff Beacher offers $90 million for the Playboy Mansion and plans to turn it into a members-only resort. But most importantly, he wants Hef to stay!
- Ferrari Spider Falls Just Short Of World RecordAlthough it fell just short of the world record at $38 million (for another classic Ferrari), the Spider Scaglietti still went for more than its estimated sale price of $31 to $35.5 million.
- Hedge Fund Billionaire Flips Miami Condo For $13 Million Profit After Just 5 MonthsKen Griffin, the billionaire hedge fund manager, has been on a real estate buying streak for the last few years. Now, he's trying to unload two of his recently purchased condos in Miami.