Peter Jackson net worth: Peter Jackson is a New Zealand-born director, writer, and producer who has a net worth of $450 million dollars. Peter Jackson is most widely recognized for his multi-award winning film adaption of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. As of November 27th, 2012, The Lord of the Rings trilogy has earned $4 billion at the box office and on DVD. Jackson earned $180 million off The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Prior to striking it rich with LOTR, Peter Jackson had actually been making movies since the mid-70s. Some of his other directing credits include, "Heavenly Creatures", "King Kong", and "The Lovely Bones". Fresh off the success of LOTR, Jackson was paid $20 million plus 20% of the box office take for directing King Kong. This became one of the highest salaries ever paid to a director after King Kong earned $600 million world wide. Jackson's net worth was estimated at $370 million in 2009 when he purchased Gulfstream G550 private jet. The jet, which seats 18 people, is powerful enough to fly from New Zealand to the United States without having to stop to refuel and is rumored to have cost Jackson $60 million. Jackson lives on a $5 million property in New Zealand that features a private lake and Frodo Baggins' home set from the LOTR movies.
Peter Jackson Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Sir Peter Jackson, PJ, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, KNZM, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, ONZ, Peter Robert Jackson, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, ONZ KNZM, Pete
Screenwriter, Film Producer, Film director, Actor
Date of Birth
5 ft 6 in (1.69 m)
When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...on Jun 30, 2015
This Former Syrian Orphan Turned Billionaire Might Be The Most Incredible Example Of A Rags To Riches Story Everon Jul 1, 2015
Want To Know How Much Jeb Bush Made Every Year For The Last 33 Years??? Hint! – It's A Lot.on Jul 1, 2015
Billionaire Offers $250,000 To Anyone Who Streaks In Front Of Chicago Mayer Rahm Emmanuelon Jul 1, 2015
Taylor Swift Just Brought A $730 Billion Company To Its Knees With One Blog Poston Jun 22, 2015
From Pumping Gas To A $6 Billion Fashion Fortune: The Rags To Riches Story Of Forever 21's Jin Sook And Do Won Changon Jun 23, 2015
Long Before Bobby Bonilla's 25 Year Gravy Train, This Random NFL Player Negotiated An Equally Unique And Lucrative Deal...on Jul 1, 2015
Once Valued At $2 Billion, Martha Stewart Just Sold Her Empire For $353 Million, Still An Amazing Life Storyon Jun 24, 2015
Tiger Woods' Horrible Playing Is Ruining Retail Sales Nationwideon Jul 1, 2015
Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! So...Was Bobby's Contract Brilliant Or Horrendously Stupid?on Jul 1, 2015
Peter Jackson Earnings
- King Kong$20,000,00020% of gross (shared with fellow co-writers/co-producers)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring$10,000,000salary for all 3 Lord of the Rings (plus % of gross)
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Comparing The Highest Paid Athletes In The World In 1984 To 2014. What A Difference 30 Years Makes!!!When Marvin Hagler made $3.3 million back in 1984 for two fights, he was the highest paid athlete of the day. Fast forward three decades and Floyd Mayweather makes $300 million for one fight.
- This Former Syrian Orphan Turned Billionaire Might Be The Most Incredible Example Of A Rags To Riches Story EverThe phrase "rags to riches" gets thrown around a lot, but it rarely seems as appropriate as it does when describing Syran billionaire Mohed Altrad.
- Long Before Bobby Bonilla's 25 Year Gravy Train, This Random NFL Player Negotiated An Equally Unique And Lucrative Deal...Long before there was a "Bobby Bonilla Day" there was a random NFL player who scored an equally interesting sports contract that can only end upon his death.
- Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! So...Was Bobby's Contract Brilliant Or Horrendously Stupid?As you probably know, today is international Bobby Bonilla day. So, was Bobby's decision to take an annuity instead of lump sum actually that brilliant?