Peter Jackson net worth: Peter Jackson is a New Zealand-born director, writer, and producer who has a net worth of $450 million dollars. Peter Jackson is most widely recognized for his multi-award winning film adaption of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. As of November 27th, 2012, The Lord of the Rings trilogy has earned $4 billion at the box office and on DVD. Jackson earned $180 million off The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Prior to striking it rich with LOTR, Peter Jackson had actually been making movies since the mid-70s. Some of his other directing credits include, "Heavenly Creatures", "King Kong", and "The Lovely Bones". Fresh off the success of LOTR, Jackson was paid $20 million plus 20% of the box office take for directing King Kong. This became one of the highest salaries ever paid to a director after King Kong earned $600 million world wide. Jackson's net worth was estimated at $370 million in 2009 when he purchased Gulfstream G550 private jet. The jet, which seats 18 people, is powerful enough to fly from New Zealand to the United States without having to stop to refuel and is rumored to have cost Jackson $60 million. Jackson lives on a $5 million property in New Zealand that features a private lake and Frodo Baggins' home set from the LOTR movies.
Peter Jackson Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Screenwriter, Film Producer, Film director, Actor
5 ft 6 in (1.69 m)
Sir Peter Jackson, PJ, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, KNZM, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, ONZ, Peter Robert Jackson, Sir Peter Robert Jackson, ONZ KNZM, Pete
Floyd Mayweather Drops Almost $5 Million On Extremely Limited Hypercaron Aug 26, 2015
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
Dr. Dre's 'Compton' Album Sales Dip 85% In A Week... And We May Know The Reason Whyon Aug 26, 2015
Fetty Wap Keeps Destroying Music Records...on Aug 27, 2015
Mind-Boggling Beverly Hills Estate Hits The Market For $135 Millionon Aug 27, 2015
Would You Pay $5.2 Million For Michael Moore's Lake House? Check It Out!on Aug 27, 2015
Would You Accept $3 Million To Perform At A Wedding? Not If Your Name Is Taylor Swift...on Aug 27, 2015
Michael Jordan Has Zero Influence On Who Wears His Shoes, And The Reason Why Is Kind Of Strange...on Aug 27, 2015
10 Weird And Awesome Things You Can Buy With A Million Bucks...on Aug 25, 2015
Jared Polis Is One Of The Richest Politicians In America - And The Way He Got Rich Is Amazing...on Aug 25, 2015
Peter Jackson Earnings
- King Kong$20,000,00020% of gross (shared with fellow co-writers/co-producers)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring$10,000,000salary for all 3 Lord of the Rings (plus % of gross)
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Buffalo Bills Could Soon Have Over $250 Million In Contracts On The Defensive FrontBetween the three, that's a total of $163.3 million in contracts. If the team wants to keep Marcell Dareus in the fold, they are going to have to pay him a bundle. Rumor has it they are willing to do so, and have offered him a six-year deal worth $90 million.
- This Week In Celebrity Car News (August 19 – August 25)This week celebrities have been buying, selling, and upgrading their cars so let's take a closer look.
- Golfer Ernie Els Donates Millions To Build Special School For Autistic ChildrenRecently, Ernie Els was in Jupiter, Florida, to see a project he has been involved in for eight years and to which he has donated a lot of time and money become reality – the Els Center of Excellence, a special school for autistic children.
- Alicia Keys And Swizz Beatz List New Jersey Mansion For $14.9 MillionKnown as enthusiastic art collectors, Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz recently renovated the main house, adding an art gallery wing with high ceilings.