James Cameron net worth: James Cameron is an Canadian born director who has a net worth of $700 million. James Cameron is the creative force behind films like The Terminator, Aliens, Rambo II, The Abyss, Terminator 2, True Lies, Titanic and Avatar. In the US alone, his movies have earned over $1.1 billion, and when you take into account foreign markets as well as DVDs, video games, TV shows, and merchandise you are easily looking at a man who has generated over $3 billion worth of revenues unadjusted for inflation. Cameron has the distinction of directing the two highest grossing movies of all time with Titanic and Avatar. He also has the distinction of being the first person to ever direct a movie with a $100 million budget with Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a $200 million budget with Titanic and Avatar, which cost roughly $500 million when it finally hit theaters in 2009. The largest payday Cameron ever had was on Titanic. After the movie had gone way over budget, he agreed to trade in his $8 million directing fee in exchange for backend profits. This turned out to be a VERY wise move that netted him over $650 million making him one of the richest directors of all time. Unfortunately, when he divorced Linda Hamilton after only 18 months of marriage, he was forced to pay her a hefty $50 million settlement, but he still maintained a very hefty fortune. Thanks to Avatar, he will be able to write, produce and direct some of the biggest movies ever while he continues to covet a career in film. In 2010 alone, Cameron made an estimated $260 million thanks to the massive success of Avatar.
James Cameron Net Worth
Date of Birth
Aug 16, 1954 (61 years old)
Film director, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Inventor, Actor, Film Editor, Explorer, Environmentalist, Television producer
6 ft 1 in (1.87 m)
James Francis Cameron, Jim Cameron, H.A. Milton, J. C., Jim, Iron Jim, James Cameron and his Lawyers
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling Ringon Jun 27, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
Folk Rocker David Crosby To Pay $3 Million To Jogger He Hit With Caron Jun 27, 2016
"Clash of Clans" Sold For $8.6 Billion To Chinese Internet Firmon Jun 26, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
James Cameron Earnings
- Titanic$115,000,000$600k for screenplay, $8m salary, % of backend
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day$6,000,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Travis Boersma's Dutch Bros. Coffee Turns 'Bro-istas' Into FranchiseesWhat makes Dutch Bros. Coffee different from other coffee franchises? Founder Travis Boersma's deep commitment to his customers.
- SoftBank CEO Nikesh Arora Steps Down For Masayoshi SonWhy is Masayoshi coming back as leader of SoftBank after offering the job to Arora? What does he have planned?
- Rock On! Led Zeppelin Found Innocent Of Plagiarism ChargesThey're innocent! After a lengthy legal battle, legendary rock band Led Zeppelin was recently found not guilty of plagiarizing the opening riff to its iconic Stairway to Heaven song from a lesser-known band.
- Tunisian Billionaire Disappears Before He Can Be Deported To Face Prison Time In Home CountryBelhassen Trabelsi is a Tunisian billionaire refugee and he is missing. It turns out that his missing status is quite convenient, as he was about to be deported from Canada, to face charges back at home.