James Cameron net worth: James Cameron is an Canadian born director who has a net worth of $700 million. James Cameron is the creative force behind films like The Terminator, Aliens, Rambo II, The Abyss, Terminator 2, True Lies, Titanic and Avatar. In the US alone, his movies have earned over $1.1 billion, and when you take into account foreign markets as well as DVDs, video games, TV shows, and merchandise you are easily looking at a man who has generated over $3 billion worth of revenues unadjusted for inflation. Cameron has the distinction of directing the two highest grossing movies of all time with Titanic and Avatar. He also has the distinction of being the first person to ever direct a movie with a $100 million budget with Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a $200 million budget with Titanic and Avatar, which cost roughly $500 million when it finally hit theaters in 2009. The largest payday Cameron ever had was on Titanic. After the movie had gone way over budget, he agreed to trade in his $8 million directing fee in exchange for backend profits. This turned out to be a VERY wise move that netted him over $650 million making him one of the richest directors of all time. Unfortunately, when he divorced Linda Hamilton after only 18 months of marriage, he was forced to pay her a hefty $50 million settlement, but he still maintained a very hefty fortune. Thanks to Avatar, he will be able to write, produce and direct some of the biggest movies ever while he continues to covet a career in film. In 2010 alone, Cameron made an estimated $260 million thanks to the massive success of Avatar.
James Cameron Net Worth
Date of Birth
Aug 16, 1954 (61 years old)
Film director, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Inventor, Actor, Film Editor, Explorer, Environmentalist, Television producer
6 ft 1 in (1.87 m)
James Francis Cameron, Jim Cameron, H.A. Milton, J. C., Jim, Iron Jim, James Cameron and his Lawyers
Inside Barack And Michelle Obama's New $5.3M Post-Presidential Mansionon May 27, 2016
Johnny Depp Doesn't Want to Give Amber Heard a Dime Of His $400 Million Net Worthon May 27, 2016
The Richest Person In America's 50 Largest Citieson May 29, 2016
Malaysian Teen Spends Her Accidental Fortune on Designer Clothes and Accessorieson May 28, 2016
New Panama Papers Leak Revels Billionaire George Soros's Link To Weapons And Intelligence Dealingson May 28, 2016
Kim Kardashian's Stylist Makes An Insane Amount Of Money Every Yearon May 27, 2016
Billionaire Investor Peter Thiel Admits to Funding Hulk Hogan's Suit Against Gawkeron May 28, 2016
How Did 27 Giant Companies Make Billions in Profits Without Paying ANY Income Taxes?on May 29, 2016
Nick Denton May Be Forced To Sell Gawker To Pay Legal Judgmentson May 29, 2016
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Takes Home an Extra $14 Millionon May 29, 2016
James Cameron Earnings
- Titanic$115,000,000$600k for screenplay, $8m salary, % of backend
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day$6,000,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Meet John Catsimatidis: Billionaire Grocery Store Mogul Who Is Making A Play For North American Oil IndependenceJohn Catsimatidis built a $2.3 billion fortune from one $10,000 grocery store. If he can end the U.S. dependency on Saudi Arabian oil, he will have cemented his legacy for generations to come.
- Phil Mickelson Shoots Even Par in Insider Trading CasePhil Mickelson narrowly escaped criminal charges from insider trading allegations made by the SEC, but still owes over $1 million in fines.
- Mark Cuban Says He's Open To Becoming Hillary Clinton's–Or Donald Trump's–Running Mate!Mark Cuban is surprisingly open to the idea of running for vice-president ... for either Trump or Clinton.
- Family Of Late Baseball Superstar Tony Gwynn Suing Tobacco Giant, Altria GroupThe family of late San Diego baseball star Tony Gwynn blames tobacco industry for his death and files lawsuit against Altria Group.