James Cameron net worth: James Cameron is an Canadian born director who has a net worth of $700 million. James Cameron is the creative force behind films like The Terminator, Aliens, Rambo II, The Abyss, Terminator 2, True Lies, Titanic and Avatar. In the US alone, his movies have earned over $1.1 billion, and when you take into account foreign markets as well as DVDs, video games, TV shows, and merchandise you are easily looking at a man who has generated over $3 billion worth of revenues unadjusted for inflation. Cameron has the distinction of directing the two highest grossing movies of all time with Titanic and Avatar. He also has the distinction of being the first person to ever direct a movie with a $100 million budget with Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a $200 million budget with Titanic and Avatar, which cost roughly $500 million when it finally hit theaters in 2009. The largest payday Cameron ever had was on Titanic. After the movie had gone way over budget, he agreed to trade in his $8 million directing fee in exchange for backend profits. This turned out to be a VERY wise move that netted him over $650 million making him one of the richest directors of all time. Unfortunately, when he divorced Linda Hamilton after only 18 months of marriage, he was forced to pay her a hefty $50 million settlement, but he still maintained a very hefty fortune. Thanks to Avatar, he will be able to write, produce and direct some of the biggest movies ever while he continues to covet a career in film. In 2010 alone, Cameron made an estimated $260 million thanks to the massive success of Avatar.
James Cameron Net Worth
Date of Birth
Aug 16, 1954 (61 years old)
Film director, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Inventor, Actor, Film Editor, Explorer, Environmentalist, Television producer
6 ft 1 in (1.87 m)
James Francis Cameron, Jim Cameron, H.A. Milton, J. C., Jim, Iron Jim, James Cameron and his Lawyers
Soulja Boy Claims He Just Signed A $400 Million Dealon May 4, 2016
Prince's Alleged Love Child May Stand to Inherit His Entire Fortuneon May 5, 2016
Dirk Nowitzki Is Giving Up A Lot Of Money To Stay With The Maverickson May 5, 2016
Billionaire Roundup: Cinqo De Mayo Editionon May 6, 2016
Skip Bayless Left ESPN For A REALLY Big Paydayon May 4, 2016
Dana White Making An Expensive Mistake By Not Putting Conor McGregor Back on UFC 200 Fight Card?on May 5, 2016
Conor McGregor Offered $2-3 Million To Fight For Rival Promotionson May 5, 2016
Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?on May 3, 2016
The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer Enyaon May 3, 2016
Why Is Over Half Of Prince's Fortune Going To The Government?on May 4, 2016
James Cameron Earnings
- Titanic$115,000,000$600k for screenplay, $8m salary, % of backend
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day$6,000,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- One Of The World's Largest Data Leaks Has Named A Number Of Billionaires In Possible Illegal Financial ActivitiesThe documents, consisting of more than 2.6 terabytes of data, have ties to more than 130 politicians, and at least 29 billionaires. Who all has been implicated so far?
- Lack Of Faith Forces Leicester Fan To Miss Out On Turning 73 Cents Into $3,600There are a lot of euphoric Leicester City fans right about now, since their team has officially won the Premier League. However, there is going to be at least one who is somber. He or she could have turned 73 cents into thousands – but didn't.
- If Yahoo's CEO is Fired, She Gets $55 MillionGetting fired by your employer is never a good thing, but how would you like $55 million to make up for it?
- Warren Buffett Credits His Diet For Longevity And Happiness – And You Won't Believe What He Eats!Billionaire investor Warren Buffett is in remarkably good health at 85 years old. He claims his unconventional diet is the key to his happiness and longevity.