James Cameron net worth: James Cameron is an Canadian born director who has a net worth of $700 million. James Cameron is the creative force behind films like The Terminator, Aliens, Rambo II, The Abyss, Terminator 2, True Lies, Titanic and Avatar. In the US alone, his movies have earned over $1.1 billion, and when you take into account foreign markets as well as DVDs, video games, TV shows, and merchandise you are easily looking at a man who has generated over $3 billion worth of revenues unadjusted for inflation. Cameron has the distinction of directing the two highest grossing movies of all time with Titanic and Avatar. He also has the distinction of being the first person to ever direct a movie with a $100 million budget with Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a $200 million budget with Titanic and Avatar, which cost roughly $500 million when it finally hit theaters in 2009. The largest payday Cameron ever had was on Titanic. After the movie had gone way over budget, he agreed to trade in his $8 million directing fee in exchange for backend profits. This turned out to be a VERY wise move that netted him over $650 million making him one of the richest directors of all time. Unfortunately, when he divorced Linda Hamilton after only 18 months of marriage, he was forced to pay her a hefty $50 million settlement, but he still maintained a very hefty fortune. Thanks to Avatar, he will be able to write, produce and direct some of the biggest movies ever while he continues to covet a career in film. In 2010 alone, Cameron made an estimated $260 million thanks to the massive success of Avatar.
James Cameron Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Aug 16, 1954
Film director, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Inventor, Actor, Film Editor, Explorer, Environmentalist, Television producer
6 ft 1 in (1.87 m)
James Francis Cameron, Jim Cameron, H.A. Milton, J. C., Jim, Iron Jim, James Cameron and his Lawyers
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
Floyd Mayweather Drops Almost $5 Million On Extremely Limited Hypercaron Aug 26, 2015
Rapper T.I. On The Hook For $4.5 Million In Unpaid Taxeson Aug 28, 2015
50 Cent Agrees To Re-List Connecticut Mansion As Part Of Bankruptcy Filingon Aug 27, 2015
Would You Accept $3 Million To Perform At A Wedding? Not If Your Name Is Taylor Swift...on Aug 27, 2015
Dr. Dre's 'Compton' Album Sales Dip 85% In A Week... And We May Know The Reason Whyon Aug 26, 2015
Mind-Boggling Beverly Hills Estate Hits The Market For $135 Millionon Aug 27, 2015
Top 10 Athletes Turned Entrepreneurson Aug 28, 2015
The Real Life Story Behind N.W.A. Manager Jerry Helleron Aug 28, 2015
Michael Jordan Has Zero Influence On Who Wears His Shoes, And The Reason Why Is Kind Of Strange...on Aug 27, 2015
James Cameron Earnings
- Titanic$115,000,000$600k for screenplay, $8m salary, % of backend
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day$6,000,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The Ferrari LaFerrariThe Ferrari LaFerrari is truly an amazing car and ranks as the 9th most expensive car in the world at $1.4 million.
- Buffalo Bills Could Soon Have Over $250 Million In Contracts On The Defensive FrontBetween the three, that's a total of $163.3 million in contracts. If the team wants to keep Marcell Dareus in the fold, they are going to have to pay him a bundle. Rumor has it they are willing to do so, and have offered him a six-year deal worth $90 million.
- Fetty Wap Keeps Destroying Music Records...Fetty Wap is continuing to set the charts on fire, and his latest accomplishment shouldn't be a surprise to you...
- Would You Pay $5.2 Million For Michael Moore's Lake House? Check It Out!When the three main features of the property are 300 feet of lake frontage, size and more size, $5.2 million sounds like remarkable pricing for Michael Moore's former mansion...