David Copperfield Net Worth: David Copperfield is an American illusionist who has a net worth of $850 million. David Seth Kotkin (aka David Copperfield) was born September 16, 1956 in Metuchen, New Jersey. As a boy he learned his first card trick from his grandfather and was instantly hooked. By age 12 he had taken the stage name Boy Davino (Davino the Boy Magician) and was amazing audiences in his hometown, at which time he was also the youngest person to be admitted to the Society of American Magicians. By the age of 16 he was teaching a course in magic at New York University and by the age of 18 he was cast as a triple-threat lead in the musical "The Magic Main" in Chicago, at which time David Seth Kotkin became David Copperfield. By the age of 19, he was headlining at the Pagoda Hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii. What followed was a whirlwind of years of performing startling magic tricks, guest spots and even his own television specials where he pulled of incredible feats of magic such as making the Statue of Liberty disappear and walking through the Great Wall of China. Over his long career, Copperfield has been the recipient of 21 Emmy Awards, been named Magician of the Century and Magician of the Millennium, received the first star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame awarded to a living magician and received the prestigious U.S. Library of Congress' Living Legend Award (other award recipients include Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese and Colin Powell). Additionally, Copperfield was knighted by the French government, becoming the first magician to receive the Chevalier of Arts and Letters. Copperfield also opened the International Museum and Library of the Conjuring Arts in Las Vegas, Nevada, which is dedicated to preserving the history and art of magic, and holds the world's largest magical artifact collection. David Copperfield was famously engaged to supermodel Claudia Schiffer in the late '90s, but the couple parted ways before making it to the altar.
David Copperfield Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare David Copperfield against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Sep 16, 1956 (59 years old)
United States of America
5 ft 11 in (1.82 m)
David Seth Kotkin, David Kotkin, Seth Kotkin
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Elon Musk Wants Tesla To Buy SolarCity For $2.8 Billionon Jun 23, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
2016's Highest-Paid Female Athleteson Jun 22, 2016
America's Richest Self-Made Woman Guided Her Company To Huge Success After The Sudden Loss Of Her Husbandon Jun 23, 2016
The S-110 Evo Venta Black Is The "World's Blackest Watch," And It Costs $95,000on Jun 23, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.
- The Largest Putting Tournament Ever Is Happening In Vegas Next Year, And You Could Go!With millions of dollars in prizes and options for everyone, it will be worth a trip to Vegas next year for the largest putting tournament in history. Do you think you have what it takes?