David Copperfield Net Worth: David Copperfield is an American illusionist who has a net worth of $850 million. David Seth Kotkin (aka David Copperfield) was born September 16, 1956 in Metuchen, New Jersey. As a boy he learned his first card trick from his grandfather and was instantly hooked. By age 12 he had taken the stage name Boy Davino (Davino the Boy Magician) and was amazing audiences in his hometown, at which time he was also the youngest person to be admitted to the Society of American Magicians. By the age of 16 he was teaching a course in magic at New York University and by the age of 18 he was cast as a triple-threat lead in the musical "The Magic Main" in Chicago, at which time David Seth Kotkin became David Copperfield. By the age of 19, he was headlining at the Pagoda Hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii. What followed was a whirlwind of years of performing startling magic tricks, guest spots and even his own television specials where he pulled of incredible feats of magic such as making the Statue of Liberty disappear and walking through the Great Wall of China. Over his long career, Copperfield has been the recipient of 21 Emmy Awards, been named Magician of the Century and Magician of the Millennium, received the first star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame awarded to a living magician and received the prestigious U.S. Library of Congress' Living Legend Award (other award recipients include Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese and Colin Powell). Additionally, Copperfield was knighted by the French government, becoming the first magician to receive the Chevalier of Arts and Letters. Copperfield also opened the International Museum and Library of the Conjuring Arts in Las Vegas, Nevada, which is dedicated to preserving the history and art of magic, and holds the world's largest magical artifact collection. David Copperfield was famously engaged to supermodel Claudia Schiffer in the late '90s, but the couple parted ways before making it to the altar.
David Copperfield Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare David Copperfield against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Sep 16, 1956 (59 years old)
United States of America
5 ft 11 in (1.82 m)
David Seth Kotkin, David Kotkin, Seth Kotkin
Soulja Boy Claims He Just Signed A $400 Million Dealon May 4, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Skip Bayless Left ESPN For A REALLY Big Paydayon May 4, 2016
Drake's 'Views From The 6' Went Gold In One Day!on May 4, 2016
The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer Enyaon May 3, 2016
Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil Dependencyon May 2, 2016
Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?on May 3, 2016
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
Why Is Over Half Of Prince's Fortune Going To The Government?on May 4, 2016
An Insanely Rich Doctor You've Never Heard Of Made $150 Million Last Yearon May 3, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Dirk Nowitzki Is Giving Up A Lot Of Money To Stay With The MavericksJust how much money did Dirk Nowitzki leave on the table by opting out of his current contract?
- Prince's Alleged Love Child May Stand to Inherit His Entire FortuneDid Prince have a secret love child? And is that love child about to inherit hundreds of millions of dollars????
- Dana White Making An Expensive Mistake By Not Putting Conor McGregor Back on UFC 200 Fight Card?As much as fans may love the UFC, in the end it is another business. For the business that is the UFC to generate the most revenue it can, it needs its best fighters in action
- Conor McGregor Offered $2-3 Million To Fight For Rival PromotionsAfter losing his standoff with Dana White, Conor McGregor is a fighter without a fight or a paycheck. However, if he wants either there are promotions other than the UFC willing to pay him millions to fight.