David Copperfield Net Worth: David Copperfield is an American illusionist who has a net worth of $850 million. David Seth Kotkin (aka David Copperfield) was born September 16, 1956 in Metuchen, New Jersey. As a boy he learned his first card trick from his grandfather and was instantly hooked. By age 12 he had taken the stage name Boy Davino (Davino the Boy Magician) and was amazing audiences in his hometown, at which time he was also the youngest person to be admitted to the Society of American Magicians. By the age of 16 he was teaching a course in magic at New York University and by the age of 18 he was cast as a triple-threat lead in the musical "The Magic Main" in Chicago, at which time David Seth Kotkin became David Copperfield. By the age of 19, he was headlining at the Pagoda Hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii. What followed was a whirlwind of years of performing startling magic tricks, guest spots and even his own television specials where he pulled of incredible feats of magic such as making the Statue of Liberty disappear and walking through the Great Wall of China. Over his long career, Copperfield has been the recipient of 21 Emmy Awards, been named Magician of the Century and Magician of the Millennium, received the first star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame awarded to a living magician and received the prestigious U.S. Library of Congress' Living Legend Award (other award recipients include Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese and Colin Powell). Additionally, Copperfield was knighted by the French government, becoming the first magician to receive the Chevalier of Arts and Letters. Copperfield also opened the International Museum and Library of the Conjuring Arts in Las Vegas, Nevada, which is dedicated to preserving the history and art of magic, and holds the world's largest magical artifact collection. David Copperfield was famously engaged to supermodel Claudia Schiffer in the late '90s, but the couple parted ways before making it to the altar.
David Copperfield Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare David Copperfield against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Sep 16, 1956
United States of America
5 ft 11 in (1.82 m)
David Seth Kotkin, David Kotkin, Seth Kotkin
Floyd Mayweather Drops Almost $5 Million On Extremely Limited Hypercaron Aug 26, 2015
Top 10 Athletes Turned Entrepreneurson Aug 28, 2015
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
Rapper T.I. On The Hook For $4.5 Million In Unpaid Taxeson Aug 28, 2015
Dr. Dre's 'Compton' Album Sales Dip 85% In A Week... And We May Know The Reason Whyon Aug 26, 2015
Would You Accept $3 Million To Perform At A Wedding? Not If Your Name Is Taylor Swift...on Aug 27, 2015
50 Cent Agrees To Re-List Connecticut Mansion As Part Of Bankruptcy Filingon Aug 27, 2015
Mind-Boggling Beverly Hills Estate Hits The Market For $135 Millionon Aug 27, 2015
Fetty Wap Keeps Destroying Music Records...on Aug 27, 2015
Michael Jordan Has Zero Influence On Who Wears His Shoes, And The Reason Why Is Kind Of Strange...on Aug 27, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Real Life Story Behind N.W.A. Manager Jerry HellerWith the movie 'Straight Outta Compton' in theaters right now, let's take a look at the real story behing N.W.A and Jerry Heller.
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The Ferrari LaFerrariThe Ferrari LaFerrari is truly an amazing car and ranks as the 9th most expensive car in the world at $1.4 million.
- Buffalo Bills Could Soon Have Over $250 Million In Contracts On The Defensive FrontBetween the three, that's a total of $163.3 million in contracts. If the team wants to keep Marcell Dareus in the fold, they are going to have to pay him a bundle. Rumor has it they are willing to do so, and have offered him a six-year deal worth $90 million.
- Would You Pay $5.2 Million For Michael Moore's Lake House? Check It Out!When the three main features of the property are 300 feet of lake frontage, size and more size, $5.2 million sounds like remarkable pricing for Michael Moore's former mansion...