David Copperfield Net Worth: David Copperfield is an American illusionist who has a net worth of $850 million. David Seth Kotkin (aka David Copperfield) was born September 16, 1956 in Metuchen, New Jersey. As a boy he learned his first card trick from his grandfather and was instantly hooked. By age 12 he had taken the stage name Boy Davino (Davino the Boy Magician) and was amazing audiences in his hometown, at which time he was also the youngest person to be admitted to the Society of American Magicians. By the age of 16 he was teaching a course in magic at New York University and by the age of 18 he was cast as a triple-threat lead in the musical "The Magic Main" in Chicago, at which time David Seth Kotkin became David Copperfield. By the age of 19, he was headlining at the Pagoda Hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii. What followed was a whirlwind of years of performing startling magic tricks, guest spots and even his own television specials where he pulled of incredible feats of magic such as making the Statue of Liberty disappear and walking through the Great Wall of China. Over his long career, Copperfield has been the recipient of 21 Emmy Awards, been named Magician of the Century and Magician of the Millennium, received the first star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame awarded to a living magician and received the prestigious U.S. Library of Congress' Living Legend Award (other award recipients include Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese and Colin Powell). Additionally, Copperfield was knighted by the French government, becoming the first magician to receive the Chevalier of Arts and Letters. Copperfield also opened the International Museum and Library of the Conjuring Arts in Las Vegas, Nevada, which is dedicated to preserving the history and art of magic, and holds the world's largest magical artifact collection. David Copperfield was famously engaged to supermodel Claudia Schiffer in the late '90s, but the couple parted ways before making it to the altar.
David Copperfield Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare David Copperfield against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Sep 16, 1956 (59 years old)
United States of America
5 ft 11 in (1.82 m)
David Seth Kotkin, David Kotkin, Seth Kotkin
The Four Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
The Five Wealthiest Drug Lords Of All Timeon Nov 23, 2015
Derek Jeter And 50 Cent Are At The Center Of A Lawsuit Over Underwearon Nov 26, 2015
Adele's "25" On Pace To Become Fastest-Selling Album In U.S. Historyon Nov 25, 2015
Billionaire Roundup: All The Turkeys That Are Fit For Stuffingon Nov 26, 2015
Dodgers Give 18-Year-Old Cuban Prospect Yusniel Diaz $15.5 Million Bonuson Nov 26, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Former MLB Great Lenny Dykstra Suing Police For $15 Million Over Alleged BeatingAt one time, Lenny Dykstra was a former World Series champion loved and adored by millions of fans. Now he is a former felon suing the county of Los Angeles for $15 million claiming he suffered brain damage during a jail beating.
- Billionaire Mario Gabelli Is Sick Of Paying For CableEven billionaires can get irritated about how much they're paying for cable every month.
- Everything You Need To Know From Week 11 Of The NFLThere were a lot of tough to watch games this week. In case you switched off your TV, here are all the highlights from Week 11.
- Top Ten Money Earners In NASCAR HistoryNASCAR drivers will not make the kind of money that NFL, NBA, and MLB players make, but drivers can still make a pretty penny for their labors. Over time those pennies can add up to be a whole lot of money.