Captain Phil Harris net worth: Captain Phil Harris was a reality television star and the captain of the Alaskan fishing vessel, Cornelia Marie, and had a net worth of $2 million. Captain Phil Harris earned his net worth as a successful commercial crabber, through his television appearances on the Deadliest Catch, and by founding the coffee company the Captains Reserve. He was born in Bothell, Washington and started working on fishing boats at the age of 7. Ten years later he started crabbing on a boat named, American Eagle, and at 21 ran a boat called the Golden Viking; making him one of the youngest captains in the Bearing Sea. In 1990, Phil purchased the Cornelia Marie with his partners, Cornelia Marie and her husband. Cornelia's husband sold his share of the boat, but Phil stayed on as Captain while Cornelia attended to the business. The Cornelia Marie is unique because it is the last crabbing boat that was designed by Elmo Horton (of Horton Boats, Inc in Bayou La Batre, Alabama) that is still in operation. Phil had two sons, Josh and Jake Harris who are also involved in commercial crabbing and fishing. In 2010, Phil suffered a massive stroke while offloading C. opilio crab in port at Saint Paul Island, Alaska. Despite improvements in his health following the stroke, he died a few weeks later at the age of 53 while suffering a pulmonary embolism in the hospital. The episode of Deadliest Catch featuring his death aired on July 20, 2010 and was followed by a special tribute episode.
Captain Phil Harris Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Captain Phil Harris against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Dec 19, 1956 (58 years old)
United States of America
How Tech N9ne Became One Of The Highest Paid People In Hip-Hopon Oct 3, 2015
A 100-Year Old Japanese Mafia – The Richest In The World – May Be In The Midst Of A Destructive Spliton Oct 3, 2015
5 Insane Facts About Pablo Escobar's Wealthon Sep 28, 2015
The University Of Florida Could Have Owned Gatorade For $10k – Instead, Four Teachers Made $1 Billionon Oct 3, 2015
How Much Is The Cast Of Saved By The Bell Worth Today?on Sep 29, 2015
The 20 Richest People In The World Right Nowon Oct 1, 2015
Few People Knew Jordan Spieth Before Last Year, And Now He'll Make Nearly $50 Million In 2015. How Has He Done It?on Oct 4, 2015
Drake Just Hit Another MAJOR Milestone This Weekon Oct 1, 2015
This NBA Rookie Says He Can't Afford To Live In NYC On His $1.33 Million Salary...on Sep 28, 2015
Jeff Bezos' Net Worth Increased By $16.5 Billion In The Last Yearon Oct 2, 2015
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- A Classic Jaguar XJ220 Is Going Up For AuctionHalf a million dollars could buy you a very limited classic Jaguar XJ200, which has held multiple speed records.
- $15 Million Picasso Painting That Was Missing For 15 Years Suddenly Shows Up In New JerseyAuthorities were able to find the proverbial needle in a haystack when they found a Picasso in a package sent from Belgium to New York.
- Derrick Rose Is Basically Just Stealing Money From The Bulls NowSigning Derrick Rose to a contract extension in 2011 seemed like a great idea. But it's been an absolute nightmare ever since.
- This Week In Celebrity Car News (September 25 – October 1)This week, celebrities have been buying, selling, customizing, and crashing their cars so let's take a closer look.