Captain Phil Harris net worth: Captain Phil Harris was a reality television star and the captain of the Alaskan fishing vessel, Cornelia Marie, and had a net worth of $2 million. Captain Phil Harris earned his net worth as a successful commercial crabber, through his television appearances on the Deadliest Catch, and by founding the coffee company the Captains Reserve. He was born in Bothell, Washington and started working on fishing boats at the age of 7. Ten years later he started crabbing on a boat named, American Eagle, and at 21 ran a boat called the Golden Viking; making him one of the youngest captains in the Bearing Sea. In 1990, Phil purchased the Cornelia Marie with his partners, Cornelia Marie and her husband. Cornelia's husband sold his share of the boat, but Phil stayed on as Captain while Cornelia attended to the business. The Cornelia Marie is unique because it is the last crabbing boat that was designed by Elmo Horton (of Horton Boats, Inc in Bayou La Batre, Alabama) that is still in operation. Phil had two sons, Josh and Jake Harris who are also involved in commercial crabbing and fishing. In 2010, Phil suffered a massive stroke while offloading C. opilio crab in port at Saint Paul Island, Alaska. Despite improvements in his health following the stroke, he died a few weeks later at the age of 53 while suffering a pulmonary embolism in the hospital. The episode of Deadliest Catch featuring his death aired on July 20, 2010 and was followed by a special tribute episode.
Captain Phil Harris Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Captain Phil Harris against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Dec 19, 1956 (59 years old)
United States of America
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
Martin Shkreli's E*Trade Account Has Plummeted In Valueon Feb 5, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Spent $3.5 Million To Lock Down The 2017 Bugatti Chironon Feb 1, 2016
David Bowie's Will Revealed – Here's Who Inherits His $230 Million Estateon Feb 2, 2016
The President's Million Dollar Buson Feb 5, 2016
The Owners Of The Denver Broncos Have Had An Insanely Good Return On Their Investment!on Feb 5, 2016
Jay-Z Hit With An $18 Million Lawsuit Over Cologne Endorsementon Feb 3, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?This Steve Jobs quote absolutely nails the difference in mentality between billionaires and the rest of us. You won't believe how simple and life changing it is!
- John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Buy Rhianna's Former House For $14.1 MillionJohn Legend and Chrissy Teigen have a baby on the way and they must have felt the need to have a little more space, so they bought an 8,520 square foot mansion formerly owned by Rihanna, for $14.1 million.
- Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?Cam Newton and Peyton Manning have taken vastly different paths to reach Super Bowl 50. Which one of them has made more money over his career?
- You'll Never Guess How Much Revenue The Original Arcade Version Of NBA Jams GeneratedWhen it comes to sports oriented arcade games, it doesn't get much better than the original NBA Jam which came out back in 1993. Within a year, it ended up generating an incredible amount in revenue one quarter at a time.