Captain Phil Harris net worth: Captain Phil Harris was a reality television star and the captain of the Alaskan fishing vessel, Cornelia Marie, and had a net worth of $2 million. Captain Phil Harris earned his net worth as a successful commercial crabber, through his television appearances on the Deadliest Catch, and by founding the coffee company the Captains Reserve. He was born in Bothell, Washington and started working on fishing boats at the age of 7. Ten years later he started crabbing on a boat named, American Eagle, and at 21 ran a boat called the Golden Viking; making him one of the youngest captains in the Bearing Sea. In 1990, Phil purchased the Cornelia Marie with his partners, Cornelia Marie and her husband. Cornelia's husband sold his share of the boat, but Phil stayed on as Captain while Cornelia attended to the business. The Cornelia Marie is unique because it is the last crabbing boat that was designed by Elmo Horton (of Horton Boats, Inc in Bayou La Batre, Alabama) that is still in operation. Phil had two sons, Josh and Jake Harris who are also involved in commercial crabbing and fishing. In 2010, Phil suffered a massive stroke while offloading C. opilio crab in port at Saint Paul Island, Alaska. Despite improvements in his health following the stroke, he died a few weeks later at the age of 53 while suffering a pulmonary embolism in the hospital. The episode of Deadliest Catch featuring his death aired on July 20, 2010 and was followed by a special tribute episode.
Captain Phil Harris Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Captain Phil Harris against
- Random Celebrity
Date of Birth
Dec 19, 1956 (59 years old)
United States of America
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found Deadon Jun 28, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling Ringon Jun 27, 2016
Von Miller Will Sit Out Next Season If No Deal By July 15on Jun 28, 2016
Mark Sanchez, Jake Peavy, and Roy Oswalt Defrauded For Over $30 Millionon Jun 28, 2016
Is Israel Building A $5 Billion Artificial Island Off The Gaza Coast?on Jun 28, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- This $28.5M Villa Is San Francisco's Most Expensive ListingThe San Francisco real estate market just got a little bit bigger, with the most expensive property in the city recently joining the league of luxury estates for sale – and it can be yours for $28.5 million.
- LeBron James Will Make More Money Somewhere Else Than He Would Re-Signing With The CavsLeBron James has put his legacy on the city of Cleveland, and the basketball world as a whole. Every team is going to try and get him, and about two-thirds of the league can pay more than the Cavs are able to.
- Dez Bryant Is Being Sued For Leaving A Rental Home In Disgusting ConditionIn the latest story of an athlete leaving a rental home in less than stellar shape, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant is being sued for wreaking havoc on a property he lived in for less than two years.
- Meet Shaun Attwood: English Millionaire Stockbroker Who Became The Ecstasy Kingpin Of ArizonaOne afternoon in 2001, Shaun Attwood was trading on the stock market online at his girlfriend's place in Arizona when he felt a sudden sense of relief. He'd gotten away with it. He really had.