Bob Barker net worth and salary: Bob Barker is a retired American TV game show host and a full-fledged TV legend who has a net worth of $70 million. Bob Barker was born on December 12, 1923 in Darrington, Washington. Bob Barker has the distinction of being host of the longest-running game show in television history, "The Price is Right". Barker served as host from 1972-2007. After he retired, comedian Drew Carey took over hosting duties. Bob Barker got his start in TV way back in 1956 when he served as host of another game show, "Truth or Consequences". Over the years, Barker has appeared on several other game shows, including "Simon Says", "That's My Line" and many others. Bob Barker's career in television spanned an impressive fifty-one years. Today, although officially retired, he remains active in his support for animal rights. Bob is an avid supporter of animal rights and used to end each show with a famous phrase "Please remember to have your pets spayed or neutered". Bob has participated in several protests against circuses for keeping animals trapped in cages and forcing them to perform tricks, often while under heavy sedation. Bob Barker made a memorable cameo in the movie "Happy Gilmore" alongside Adam Sandler. In the movie, Sandler and Barker get into a fist fight on a golf course. The fight ends when Barker knocks Sandler out with a punch to the face. Barker has claimed in past interviews that not a single day goes by without someone seeing him in public and referencing that scene from the movie. Bob was married to his high school sweetheart Dorothy Jo Gideon from 1945 until her death from lung cancer in 1981. Barker has never remarried but he has been attached to several women, including one of the "Barker's Beauties" named Dian Parkinson. That relationship lasted three years. In 2010, Barker donated $5 million to the animal activist group Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. The money was used to purchase a ship which is now used to intercept and interrupt Japanese whaling boats. The boat was named the "My Bob Barker". He has subsequently purchased a helicopter for the Sea Shepherd Society. He also donated $2.5 million to PETA to help build their Los Angeles headquarters which is now called the "Bob Barker Building".
Bob Barker Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Game Show Host
Date of Birth
Dec 12, 1923 (92 years old)
Game Show Host, Television producer, Actor, Presenter, Fighter pilot
United States of America
6 ft (1.85 m)
Robert William Barker, Robert Barker
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
Golden State Warriors Sign Extremely Lucrative Arena Naming Rights Dealon Feb 7, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
Five Celebrities Who Got Nothing From Their Divorceson Feb 5, 2016
John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Buy Rhianna's Former House For $14.1 Millionon Feb 6, 2016
Who Will Be The First $100 Million Earner In Tennis - Novak Djokovic Or Roger Federer?on Feb 7, 2016
Martin Shkreli's E*Trade Account Has Plummeted In Valueon Feb 5, 2016
Bob Barker Earnings
- The Price Is Right$10,000,000/year
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.Back when he was a young hotshot in the league, Spencer Haywood was given a choice by Nike. His decision ultimately cost him a HUGE amount of money.
- The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone ElseThe richest 62 people in the world would all fit onto a bus. Those 62 people have as much cold, hard cash (and assets) as half of the population of the world. And thank God they do, so that we have things to write about at Celebrity Net Worth!
- Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas MansionMike Tyson has made and blown a fortune during his lifetime, but apparently things are on the up and up now. They must be, for him to be able to afford buying a 10,000 square foot home in Las Vegas.
- The 10 Most Successful NBA OwnersYou might be surprised by which NBA teams' owners are the most successful. Here's a clue: success on the court isn't always an indicator...