Bob Barker net worth and salary: Bob Barker is a retired American TV game show host and a full-fledged TV legend and icon who has a net worth of $70 million. Bob Barker was born on December 12, 1923 in Darrington, Washington. Bob Barker has the distinction of being host of the longest-running game show in television history, "The Price is Right". Barker served as host from 1972-2007. After he retired, comedian Drew Carey took over hosting duties. Bob Barker got his start in TV way back in 1956 when he served as host of another game show, "Truth or Consequences". Over the years, Barker has appeared on several other game shows, including "Simon Says", "That's My Line" and many others. Bob Barker's career in television spanned an impressive fifty-one years. Today, although officially retired, he remains active in his support for animal rights. Bob is a very avid supporter of animal rights and used to end each show with a famous phrase "Please remember to have your pets spayed or neutered". Bob has participated in several protests against circuses for keeping animals trapped in cages and forcing them to perform tricks, often while under heavy sedation. Bob Barker made a memorable cameo in the movie "Happy Gilmore" alongside Adam Sandler. In the movie, Sandler and Barker get into a fist fight on a golf course. The fight ends when Barker knocks Sandler out with a punch to the face. Barker has claimed in past interviews that not a single day goes by without someone seeing him in public and referencing that scene from the movie. Bob Barker was married to his high school sweetheart Dorothy Jo Gideon from 1945 until her death from lung cancer in 1981. Barker has never remarried but he has been attached to several women, including one of the "Barker's Beauties" named Dian Parkinson. That relationship lasted three years. In 2010, Barker donated $5 million to the animal activist group Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. The money was used to purchase a ship which is now used to intercept and interrupt Japanese whaling boats. The boat was named the "My Bob Barker". He has subsequently purchased a helicopter for the Sea Shepherd Society. He also donated $2.5 million to PETA to help build their Los Angeles head quarters which is now called the "Bob Baker Building".
Bob Barker Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Game Show Host
Date of Birth
Dec 12, 1923
Game Show Host, Television producer, Actor, Presenter, Fighter pilot
United States of America
6 ft (1.85 m)
Robert William Barker, Robert Barker
After Earning $100 Million In The NBA, Vin Baker Has Lost His Entire Fortune And Is Now Working At Starbucks...on Jul 29, 2015
Real Estate Tycoon Leaves $20 Million To Daughters, But There's A Catch! Actually Several Catches...on Jul 31, 2015
The Incredible Story Of How Young Jeezy Ended Up Bringing $2 Million In Cash To A Photoshooton Jul 29, 2015
How New Clippers Forward Josh Smith Just Became The Most Despised Man In The NBAon Jul 28, 2015
Think Your Extended Family Hates You? Well, At Least You Never Cost Them $4.3 Billion...on Jul 28, 2015
Forget Winning A Tour Of A Chocolate Factory. This $1500 Golden Ticket Could Eventually Be Worth BILLIONS...on Jul 30, 2015
In 1987, Junk Bond King Michael Milken Earned $550 Million. Two Years Later He Was In Jail. This Is His Crazy Life Story...on Jul 30, 2015
10 Billionaires And Millionaires Who Became Politicianson Jul 30, 2015
Instead Of Earning Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars, The Co-Founder Of Domino's Pizza Made One Huge Mistake...on Jul 29, 2015
Will Chris Brown Finally Turn His Life Around After A Series Of Recent Troubles?on Jul 29, 2015
Bob Barker Earnings
- The Price Is Right$10,000,000/year
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Top 10 Most Expensive Stadiums In The WorldIf you build it, they will come. A voice in a cornfield told Kevin Costner to do it, and sure enough the people came. Sports team owners have been spending small fortunes to build it (stadiums) and sure enough, the people come.
- DraftKings Just Raised $300 Million. Here's How It Will Change The Way You Watch SportsDraftKings helped the daily fantasy sports concept become a multibillion-dollar industry. Two recent moves will take daily fantasy sports to an even higher level.
- What Is New England Patriots QB Tom Brady Still Fighting For?NFL commissioner Roger Goodell decided to uphold Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his role in the whole Deflate-Gate mess. So what does it all mean and what happens next...
- Russell Wilson Just Turned Down $21 Million A Year From The Seahawks… Is He Crazy?Russell Wilson was offered a contract more than 1,250% higher than his current deal, but he turned it down. Is he crazy or crazy smart?