Bishop Eddie Long Net Worth: Bishop Eddie Long is an American pastor who has a net worth of $5 million. Eddie Lee Long (aka Bishop Eddie Long) was born May 12, 1953 in Huntersville, North Carolina. He is the senior pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, a megachurch in unincorporated DeKalb County, Georgia, United States, near Lithonia. When Long started as pastor for New Birth Church in 1987, there were 300 church members, which grew to 25,000. A best-selling author, Bishop Long's captivating and powerful messages are captured in a number of books, including: It's Your Time: Reclaim Your Territory for the Kingdom, The Elect Lady, I Don't Want Delilah, I Need You, What a Man Wants, What a Woman Needs, Called to Conquer, Gladiator: The Strength of a Man and his most recent: 60 Seconds to Greatness: Seize the Moment and Plan for Success. Long is often seen in broadcast and print media as a regular contributor in interviews on CNN, national radio programs and noted news publications. On the other side of the 'revered' man of the cloth, however, is a laundry list of legal and personal troubles. During his tenure with New Birth Church, Long was found innocent in Senate investigations concerning the accusation that he may have profited from his church's tax-exempt status. Bishop Eddie Long married Vanessa Griffin in 1990. After he was accused of sexually molesting young fatherless boys in the church, Vanessa filed for divorce. Almost immediately, a statement issued through New Birth's public relations firm stated that Vanessa Long had rethought her decision and would withdraw her petition. In another turn of events, Vanessa's attorneys later confirmed that she would indeed continue with the divorce. Civil lawsuits were also formally filed against Bishop Long alleging sexual relations with underage male members of his parish. Long has denied any wrongdoing through his attorneys and the lawsuits were settled out of court. On February 17, 2012, one of Bishop Eddie Long's lawyers, Lawrence Cooper, confirmed to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Vanessa Long had asked that the divorce petition (again) be dismissed.
Bishop Eddie Long Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Bishop Eddie Long against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
May 12, 1953 (62 years old)
Televangelist, Preacher, Pastor, Actor
United States of America
Eddie L. Long, Eddie L Long, Eddie Long
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
Cam Newton Vs. Peyton Manning: Who's Making The Bigger Bucks?on Feb 6, 2016
31-Year-Old Mark Zuckerberg Is Now The 4th Richest Person In The Worldon Feb 4, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Five Extremely Rich Hollywood Familieson Feb 4, 2016
18 Years Ago, John Elway Almost Bought 20% Of The Broncos. He Didn't, And That Was A HUGE Mistake.on Feb 5, 2016
Boxing Legend Mike Tyson Pays $2.5 Million For Huge Las Vegas Mansionon Feb 8, 2016
What Did Steve Jobs Know About Billionaires That We Don't?on Feb 6, 2016
The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone Elseon Feb 8, 2016
Is Vladimir Putin Secretly Sitting On A $200 Billion Fortune?on Feb 8, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Eccentric Millionaire John McAfee is Making a ComebackRenegade and eccentric cybersecurity pioneer John McAfee is back in the news with new business ventures, documentaries, and a bid for the White House.
- Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And AllBeacher's Madhouse creator Jeff Beacher offers $90 million for the Playboy Mansion and plans to turn it into a members-only resort. But most importantly, he wants Hef to stay!
- Ferrari Spider Falls Just Short Of World RecordAlthough it fell just short of the world record at $38 million (for another classic Ferrari), the Spider Scaglietti still went for more than its estimated sale price of $31 to $35.5 million.
- Hedge Fund Billionaire Flips Miami Condo For $13 Million Profit After Just 5 MonthsKen Griffin, the billionaire hedge fund manager, has been on a real estate buying streak for the last few years. Now, he's trying to unload two of his recently purchased condos in Miami.