Tom Brokaw net worth and salary: Tom Brokaw is an American television journalist and author who has a net worth of $70 million. Tom Brokaw is probably most famous for serving as the lead anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News from 1982 to 2004. Tom Brokaw was born on February 6, 1940 in Webster, South Dakota. He attended Yankton Senior High School before moving on to The University of Iowa. His time in Iowa was less than productive so Tom soon transferred to the University of South Dakota where he graduated in 1964 with a degree in Political Science. His first job after college was at a television station called KITV in Sioux City, Iowa. From there Tom worked at stations in Nebraska and Georgia before joining NBC News in 1966. His first job for NBC was as the anchor for the 11pm News at KNBC in Los Angeles. He got a huge break when he was NBC bumped him to White House correspondent just before the Watergate scandal broke. From here Tom landed a spot as a host on NBC's Today Show, where he stayed from 1976 until 1982. He began hosting NBC Nightly News in April 1982 and stayed on until 2004. Outside of television, Tom has written seven books. The most famous of which is probably 1998's "The Greatest Generation" which earned him numerous awards and honors and is a perennial best seller.
Tom Brokaw Net Worth
Date of Birth
Feb 6, 1940 (75 years old)
Journalist, Writer, Author, Screenwriter, Presenter
United States of America
6 ft (1.83 m)
Thomas John Brokaw, Tom, Thomas John "Tom" Brokaw
Here's Exactly How Much Kobe Bryant Made From Salary And Endorsements During His Entire Careeron Dec 1, 2015
10 People Just Paid An Insane Amount Of Money For A Pair Of Eminem's Latest Nike Air Jordanson Dec 1, 2015
How Much Would You Pay To Have Unlimited Flights Around The World Forever?on Dec 1, 2015
For A Guy Who Is "Bankrupt," 50 Cent Sure Keeps A Lot Of Cash Lying Around The House...on Nov 30, 2015
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
5-Hour Energy Drink Billionaire Is Using His Billions And His Brains To Save The World In A Few Very Unique Wayson Dec 1, 2015
Competency Of Viacom Billionaire Called Into Question In Epic And Salacious Courtroom Showdownon Dec 1, 2015
After Gathering Dust In A Barn For 40 Years, A Classic Bentley Owned By James Bond Writer Ian Fleming Is Now For Saleon Dec 1, 2015
The First Lamborghini Model Ever Made Is Now Selling For $1 Millionon Dec 1, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'on Nov 28, 2015
Tom Brokaw Earnings
- NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams$7,000,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- A Brazilian Senator And A Billionaire CEO Were Just Arrested On Corruption ChargesIt's not a great time to be getting kickbacks in Brazil, and it's not a great time to be the one making the kickbacks, either.
- How Armstrong Williams Became A Media Mogul And The Largest Black TV Channel Owner In The USFun Fact: Did you know that Ben Carson's business manager is also the country's largest black TV station owner?! Well, you do now!
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Billionaire Chuck Feeney Donates $177 Million To Dementia ResearchBillionaire Chuck Feeney has made a career out of being a pretty amazing human being. His "Giving While Living" philosophy has led him to give away 99% of his once $7.5 billion fortune so far. Now, Feeney has made another astoundingly large donation...
- Amazing Human Being Alert: Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Joins The Giving PledgePrince Alwaleed bin Talal has a net worth of $32 billion and he wants to spend it all to save and unify the world. He has joined The Giving Pledge to do so...