Tom Brokaw net worth and salary: Tom Brokaw is an American television journalist and author who has a net worth of $80 million. Tom Brokaw is probably most famous for serving as the lead anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News from 1982 to 2004. Tom Brokaw was born on February 6, 1940 in Webster, South Dakota. He attended Yankton Senior High School before moving on to The University of Iowa. His time in Iowa was less than productive so Tom soon transferred to the University of South Dakota where he graduated in 1964 with a degree in Political Science. His first job after college was at a television station called KITV in Sioux City, Iowa. From there Tom worked at stations in Nebraska and Georgia before joining NBC News in 1966. His first job for NBC was as the anchor for the 11pm News at KNBC in Los Angeles. He got a huge break when he was NBC bumped him to White House correspondent just before the Watergate scandal broke. From here Tom landed a spot as a host on NBC's Today Show, where he stayed from 1976 until 1982. He began hosting NBC Nightly News in April 1982 and stayed on until 2004. Outside of television, Tom has written seven books. The most famous of which is probably 1998's "The Greatest Generation" which earned him numerous awards and honors and is a perennial best seller.
Tom Brokaw Net Worth
Date of Birth
Feb 6, 1940 (76 years old)
Journalist, Writer, Author, Screenwriter, Presenter
United States of America
6 ft (1.83 m)
Thomas John Brokaw, Tom, Thomas John "Tom" Brokaw
Britain Says Goodbye To EU And Billionaires Say Goodbye To Billionson Jun 28, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found Deadon Jun 28, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling Ringon Jun 27, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
Mark Sanchez, Jake Peavy, and Roy Oswalt Defrauded For Over $30 Millionon Jun 28, 2016
Von Miller Will Sit Out Next Season If No Deal By July 15on Jun 28, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Tom Brokaw Earnings
- NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams$7,000,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Is Israel Building A $5 Billion Artificial Island Off The Gaza Coast?The Israeli government is considering a proposal to build an artificial island off the small Gaza Strip coast for $5 billion. The island would be used mainly as an airport and seaport.
- Folk Rocker David Crosby To Pay $3 Million To Jogger He Hit With CarCrosby was driving near his home in Santa Ynez Valley when he struck Jose Luquin, who was jogging on the side of the road with his son. He has agreed to pay $3.0 million in damages to settle the suit.
- Travis Boersma's Dutch Bros. Coffee Turns 'Bro-istas' Into FranchiseesWhat makes Dutch Bros. Coffee different from other coffee franchises? Founder Travis Boersma's deep commitment to his customers.
- SoftBank CEO Nikesh Arora Steps Down For Masayoshi SonWhy is Masayoshi coming back as leader of SoftBank after offering the job to Arora? What does he have planned?