Mary Higgins Clark is a celebrated author of mystery and suspense, and has a net worth of $110 million. Mary Higgins Clark has sold over 100 million books in her lifetime and sells an additional 4 million each year. She received a $64 million advance on her next five books in 2011. Mary Higgins Clark has accumulated her net worth as a well published author of forty two best sellers. She is a writer of suspense, mystery and psychological thrillers. Her first novel was titled "Where are the Children" and was a huge hit. It was made into a feature film in 1986. Another novel, "A Stranger is watching," was also adapted into film, as well as many of her other novels, such as "The Cradle Will Fall," "Remember Me," "Where are you Now," and many others. Mary Higgins Clark was born in the Bronx, New Jersey in 1927 to Luke and Nora Higgins. She had two brothers, Joseph and Johnny. Even as a child she was interested in writing. She would write short plays, poems and started writing her journal at the age of seven. She received a scholarship from Saint Francis Xavier Elementary School to attend the Villa Maria Academy. After she graduated from high school she attended the Wood Secretarial School and in completing the course, got a Job with Remington-Rand. In 1949 she switched careers to become a flight attendant with Pan American Airlines, but in December decided to quit and become the wife of Warren Clark. The couple had five children together, Marilyn and Warren Jr. are both judges, their son David is the CEO of Talk Marketing Enterprises Inc., and Carol Higgins Clark is also a successful writer of mystery novels. Their youngest daughter patty is an employee of the Mercantile Exchange in New York. Mary Higgins Clark has also written non-fictional books, children's books, her autobiography and was at one time a script writer for more than one radio series. Her writing has won her many well deserved awards. She has also served as Chairman of the International Crime Congress, as well as President of the Mystery Writers of America. She is also part owner of the New Jersey Jets. In 2011 she was inducted into the Irish America Hall of Fame.
Mary Higgins Clark Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Mary Higgins Clark against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Mary Higgins Clark
Date of Birth
Dec 24, 1927 (88 years old)
Writer, Novelist, Author
United States of America
Mary Clark Higgins, Clark, Mary Higgins, Dame Mary Higgins Clark, Sary Higgins Clark, Mary Theresa Eleanor Higgins, Mary Theresa Eleanor Higgins Clark Conheeney
Lawyers Submit $100 Million Bill For Managing Leona Helmsley's Estateon Feb 5, 2016
The Wealth Gap: The Richest 62 People In The World Vs. Everyone Elseon Feb 8, 2016
Would You Rather Have $100k Or Own 10% Of Nike? This NBA Player Chose... Poorly.on Feb 8, 2016
Marshawn Lynch Hasn't Spent A Dime Of His $50 Million NFL Salaryon Feb 8, 2016
Megyn Kelly Reportedly Signs $10 Million Book Dealon Feb 9, 2016
Saudi Billionaire Trying To Use Diplomatic Immunity To Get Out Of Potentially VERY Expensive Divorceon Feb 9, 2016
New Study Finds A Single Billionaire Could Lift An Entire Country Out Of Povertyon Feb 9, 2016
Hedge Fund Billionaire Flips Miami Condo For $13 Million Profit After Just 5 Monthson Feb 9, 2016
Jeff Beacher Offers $90 Million For Playboy Mansion, Hef And Allon Feb 9, 2016
Ferrari Spider Falls Just Short Of World Recordon Feb 9, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The 10 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever MadeWe know that television is big business, but you might be surprised to learn how much each episode of your favorite TV show can cost to make.
- Everything You Need To Know From Super Bowl 50Another NFL season has come and gone. This Super Bowl was a lot of fun for fans of defense, and probably for Beyonce fans, too. In case you missed any of the action, here are the highlights from the game.
- Are Elizabeth Holmes And Her Revolutionary Blood Testing Company Running Out Of Time?Last fall, Elizabeth Holmes, billionaire CEO of Theranos, Inc. faced some serious heat when it was revealed that her innovative method of testing blood wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Months later, there still aren't any answers. Is time running out for Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes?
- "Bankrupt" 50 Cent Angers Creditors By Flaunting Cash On Social MediaHow did 50 Cent go from being one of the most successful rappers and business moguls in the world to having creditors pick apart his dwindling fortune? We break the story down for here.