Joe Eszterhas Net Worth: Joe Eszterhas is a Hungarian-American writer who has a net worth of $18 million. Joe Eszterhas was born November 23, 1944 in Csákánydoroszló, Hungary. Eszterhas was raised as a young child in a refugee camp in Austria. The family eventually moved to New York City and then to poor, immigrant neighborhoods in Cleveland, where Eszterhas spent most of his childhood. His father was a Roman Catholic newspaper editor and author. Until he was 45 years old, Joe Eszterhas was unaware that his father had concealed his collaboration in the Hungarian Nazi government and that he had "organized book burnings and had cranked out the vilest anti-Semitic propaganda imaginable." After this discovery, Joe Eszterhas cut his father out of his life entirely, the two never reconciling before his father's death. Eszterhas is a writer and producer, known for such films as Basic Instinct (1992), Nowhere to Run (1993) and Flashdance (1983). His more recent works include Showgirls, Jade, Telling Lies in America, An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn and Children of Glory. In 2011, Mel Gibson commissioned a screenplay from Eszterhas about the Maccabees (also spelled Machabees—the leaders of a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which at the time had been a province of the Seleucid Empire who also founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE). The film was to be distributed by Warner Bros. The announcement generated controversy. When asked about their shared Catholic faith (referring to Mel Gibson) Eszterhas said of Gibson, "In my mind, his Catholicism is a figment of his imagination." By April 2012, Warner Bros. had canceled the project; Eszterhas claiming the break was caused by Gibson's violent outbursts and anti-Semitism, Gibson blaming the break on a bad script. Eszterhas later wrote a book called Heaven and Mel about his experiences working with Gibson, published on Kindle.
Joe Eszterhas Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Nov 23, 1944 (71 years old)
Screenwriter, Writer, Film Producer, Journalist
József Eszterhás, József A. Eszterhas, Count of Galanta, József A. "Joe" Eszterhas
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
How Was O.J. Simpson Able To Afford His Famous Legal "Dream Team" During His Murder Trial?on Jun 26, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Hollywood May Be Getting Hit By A Second Bling Ringon Jun 27, 2016
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Leo Messi's Salary Is Higher Than The Combined Salaries Of The Entire U.S. Men's National Teamon Jun 27, 2016
Folk Rocker David Crosby To Pay $3 Million To Jogger He Hit With Caron Jun 27, 2016
"Clash of Clans" Sold For $8.6 Billion To Chinese Internet Firmon Jun 26, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
Joe Eszterhas Earnings
Click to Expand
- One Night Stand$4,000,000
- Basic Instinct$3,000,000
- Big Shots$1,250,000
- Jagged Edge$500,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Hedge Fund Fraudster Charged With $25 Million Insider Trading Suit Found DeadAfter being charged last week with making $25 million off of insider trading bets, 44-year-old hedge fund manager Sanjay Valvani was found dead from an apparent suicide.
- Is Israel Building A $5 Billion Artificial Island Off The Gaza Coast?The Israeli government is considering a proposal to build an artificial island off the small Gaza Strip coast for $5 billion. The island would be used mainly as an airport and seaport.
- Travis Boersma's Dutch Bros. Coffee Turns 'Bro-istas' Into FranchiseesWhat makes Dutch Bros. Coffee different from other coffee franchises? Founder Travis Boersma's deep commitment to his customers.
- SoftBank CEO Nikesh Arora Steps Down For Masayoshi SonWhy is Masayoshi coming back as leader of SoftBank after offering the job to Arora? What does he have planned?