Joe Eszterhas Net Worth: Joe Eszterhas is a Hungarian-American writer who has a net worth of $18 million. Joe Eszterhas was born November 23, 1944 in Csákánydoroszló, Hungary. Eszterhas was raised as a young child in a refugee camp in Austria. The family eventually moved to New York City and then to poor, immigrant neighborhoods in Cleveland, where Eszterhas spent most of his childhood. His father was a Roman Catholic newspaper editor and author. Until he was 45 years old, Joe Eszterhas was unaware that his father had concealed his collaboration in the Hungarian Nazi government and that he had "organized book burnings and had cranked out the vilest anti-Semitic propaganda imaginable." After this discovery, Joe Eszterhas cut his father out of his life entirely, the two never reconciling before his father's death. Eszterhas is a writer and producer, known for such films as Basic Instinct (1992), Nowhere to Run (1993) and Flashdance (1983). His more recent works include Showgirls, Jade, Telling Lies in America, An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn and Children of Glory. In 2011, Mel Gibson commissioned a screenplay from Eszterhas about the Maccabees (also spelled Machabees—the leaders of a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which at the time had been a province of the Seleucid Empire who also founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE). The film was to be distributed by Warner Bros. The announcement generated controversy. When asked about their shared Catholic faith (referring to Mel Gibson) Eszterhas said of Gibson, "In my mind, his Catholicism is a figment of his imagination." By April 2012, Warner Bros. had canceled the project; Eszterhas claiming the break was caused by Gibson's violent outbursts and anti-Semitism, Gibson blaming the break on a bad script. Eszterhas later wrote a book called Heaven and Mel about his experiences working with Gibson, published on Kindle.
Joe Eszterhas Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Nov 23, 1944 (71 years old)
Screenwriter, Writer, Film Producer, Journalist
József Eszterhás, József A. Eszterhas, Count of Galanta, József A. "Joe" Eszterhas
Soulja Boy Claims He Just Signed A $400 Million Dealon May 4, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
Skip Bayless Left ESPN For A REALLY Big Paydayon May 4, 2016
Drake's 'Views From The 6' Went Gold In One Day!on May 4, 2016
The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer Enyaon May 3, 2016
Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil Dependencyon May 2, 2016
Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?on May 3, 2016
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
Why Is Over Half Of Prince's Fortune Going To The Government?on May 4, 2016
An Insanely Rich Doctor You've Never Heard Of Made $150 Million Last Yearon May 3, 2016
Joe Eszterhas Earnings
Click to Expand
- One Night Stand$4,000,000
- Basic Instinct$3,000,000
- Big Shots$1,250,000
- Jagged Edge$500,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Dirk Nowitzki Is Giving Up A Lot Of Money To Stay With The MavericksJust how much money did Dirk Nowitzki leave on the table by opting out of his current contract?
- Prince's Alleged Love Child May Stand to Inherit His Entire FortuneDid Prince have a secret love child? And is that love child about to inherit hundreds of millions of dollars????
- Dana White Making An Expensive Mistake By Not Putting Conor McGregor Back on UFC 200 Fight Card?As much as fans may love the UFC, in the end it is another business. For the business that is the UFC to generate the most revenue it can, it needs its best fighters in action
- Conor McGregor Offered $2-3 Million To Fight For Rival PromotionsAfter losing his standoff with Dana White, Conor McGregor is a fighter without a fight or a paycheck. However, if he wants either there are promotions other than the UFC willing to pay him millions to fight.