Joe Eszterhas Net Worth: Joe Eszterhas is a Hungarian-American writer who has a net worth of $18 million. Joe Eszterhas was born November 23, 1944 in Csákánydoroszló, Hungary. Eszterhas was raised as a young child in a refugee camp in Austria. The family eventually moved to New York City and then to poor, immigrant neighborhoods in Cleveland, where Eszterhas spent most of his childhood. His father was a Roman Catholic newspaper editor and author. Until he was 45 years old, Joe Eszterhas was unaware that his father had concealed his collaboration in the Hungarian Nazi government and that he had "organized book burnings and had cranked out the vilest anti-Semitic propaganda imaginable." After this discovery, Joe Eszterhas cut his father out of his life entirely, the two never reconciling before his father's death. Eszterhas is a writer and producer, known for such films as Basic Instinct (1992), Nowhere to Run (1993) and Flashdance (1983). His more recent works include Showgirls, Jade, Telling Lies in America, An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn and Children of Glory. In 2011, Mel Gibson commissioned a screenplay from Eszterhas about the Maccabees (also spelled Machabees—the leaders of a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which at the time had been a province of the Seleucid Empire who also founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE). The film was to be distributed by Warner Bros. The announcement generated controversy. When asked about their shared Catholic faith (referring to Mel Gibson) Eszterhas said of Gibson, "In my mind, his Catholicism is a figment of his imagination." By April 2012, Warner Bros. had canceled the project; Eszterhas claiming the break was caused by Gibson's violent outbursts and anti-Semitism, Gibson blaming the break on a bad script. Eszterhas later wrote a book called Heaven and Mel about his experiences working with Gibson, published on Kindle.
Joe Eszterhas Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Nov 23, 1944 (71 years old)
Screenwriter, Writer, Film Producer, Journalist
József Eszterhás, József A. Eszterhas, Count of Galanta, József A. "Joe" Eszterhas
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
Florida Judge Upholds Hulk Hogan's $140 Million Gawker Judgmenton May 25, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
Shaquille O'Neal Makes Big Entrance Into The Auto Insurance Industryon May 25, 2016
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
How Long Does It Take To Make As Much As The Richest Person In Your Country?on May 25, 2016
Richard Gere Slashes $11M From Hamptons Home Asking Priceon May 24, 2016
Conor McGregor Wants $100 Million To Fight Floyd Mayweather... And Showtime Is Considering It!on May 23, 2016
Alanis Morissette Sues Business Manageron May 25, 2016
Joe Eszterhas Earnings
Click to Expand
- One Night Stand$4,000,000
- Basic Instinct$3,000,000
- Big Shots$1,250,000
- Jagged Edge$500,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Rise Of Technology Has Created A New Era Of Super-Wealthy AmericansThe "American Dream" is alive and well, if you operate in the tech or hedge fund space…
- Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It InsteadAlicia Corning Clark passed away in February at the age of 79. She had no children, family, or friends. She did, however, have a $17 million fortune and three doormen at her Fifth Avenue apartment building she was fond of.
- Why Did Donald Trump Receive a Tax Break For NYC Residents Who Make Less Than $500k?Donald Trump claims to earn a multi-millionaire-dollar income and have a multi-billionaire-dollar worth. But he received AND pocketed a $300 tax break for NYC residents who make less than $500k.
- British Artists Made More Money Off Of Vinyl Sales Than From YouTube StreamingHow did British artists make more money off of vinyl sales than from YouTube streaming?