Christopher Hitchens Net Worth: Christopher Hitchens was a British-American author, polemicist, debater and journalist who had a net worth of $2 million dollars. Christopher Hitchens was born April 13, 1949 in Portsmouth, Hampshire, England. He wrote for a variety of English magazines before moving to the U.S. in 1981. Hitchens established himself as one of the leading intellectual writers of the late 20th and early 21st centuries, willing to offend his readership with his controversial positions on matters such as religion, art, politics, war and literature. Hitchens graduated from Balliol with a B.A. in philosophy, politics and economics and moved to London, where he wrote for the Times Higher Education Supplement. By 1973, Hitchens had moved on to the left-wing weekly New Statesman, where he became acquainted with writer Martin Amis. Hitchens wrote for the Evening Standard and the Daily Express, before becoming the New Statesman's foreign editor in 1979, where he held the position until he moved to New York City in 1981. A year later he made the move to Washington, D.C. where he wrote a column called Minority Report for The Nation. The '90s was a busy period for Hitchens, filled with greater controversy, with his outlets were now in the forms of books, essays and television appearances. As he did with the royal family, he often attacked what he perceived to be public figures raised to the level of gods—or at least myth—and appeared on such talk shows as Frontiers and Charlie Rose, aggressively engaging opponents in political debate. Hitchens' memoir, Hitch-22, was published in 2010, and Hitchens announced during his book tour that he had been diagnosed with esophageal cancer. He continued to make public appearances while undergoing treatment, frequently discussing his condition in the context of his religious disbelief and shunning the idea of a possible deathbed change-of-heart. The Quotable Hitchens: From Alcohol to Zionism, a collection of his one-liners, and Arguably: Essays, a collection of cultural and political commentary, were released in 2011. On December 15, 2011, in Houston, Texas, Hitchens succumbed to cancer.
Christopher Hitchens Net Worth
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Compare Net WorthsCompare Christopher Hitchens against
- Random Celebrity
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Apr 13, 1949 - Dec 15, 2011 (62 years old)
Journalist, Commentator, Essayist, Critic, Writer, Author
5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
Christopher Eric Hitchens, Hitch
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
One Simple Vote Just Cost Anthony Davis A TON Of Moneyon May 26, 2016
A Judge Has Ordered Master P To Pay His Ex-Wife A Hefty Sumon May 25, 2016
Three NYC Doorman Set To Inherit Multi Million Dollar Fortune Unless The Humane Society Gets It Insteadon May 26, 2016
The Rise Of Technology Has Created A New Era Of Super-Wealthy Americanson May 26, 2016
Florida Judge Upholds Hulk Hogan's $140 Million Gawker Judgmenton May 25, 2016
LeBron James Vs. Dr. Dre - Who Will Become A Billionaire First?on May 24, 2016
British Artists Made More Money Off Of Vinyl Sales Than From YouTube Streamingon May 26, 2016
The Atlanta Falcons' New Stadium Will Offer Very Cheap Concessions - Thanks Arthur Blank!on May 26, 2016
Shaquille O'Neal Makes Big Entrance Into The Auto Insurance Industryon May 25, 2016
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Why Did Donald Trump Receive a Tax Break For NYC Residents Who Make Less Than $500k?Donald Trump claims to earn a multi-millionaire-dollar income and have a multi-billionaire-dollar worth. But he received AND pocketed a $300 tax break for NYC residents who make less than $500k.
- Alanis Morissette Sues Business ManagerAlanis Morissette has fired her manager, Jonathan Schwartz, and is suing him for upwards of $15 million. Morissette claims Schwartz has been stealing millions from her accounts without her knowledge or consent.
- China Tops Panama Papers List of People And Companies Hiding Money In Offshore AccountsThe Panama Papers leak reveals that China tops the list of people and companies with the most secret offshore bank accounts in the world. Government censors are working to scrub any mention of the leak in media reports and on the Internet.
- How Long Does It Take To Make As Much As The Richest Person In Your Country?Obviously, the Celebrity Net Worth staff spends a lot of time talking and writing about billionaires. In that spirit, I recently wondered how long it would take the average person making the average salary to amass the multi-billion dollar fortune of the richest person in their country?