Anne Rice Net Worth: Anne Rice is an American author of Gothic fiction, Christian literature, and erotica who has a net worth of $50 million. Anne Rice earned her net worth through her writing of gothic, mysteries, religious and other genres, with some of her books being adapted into comic books. Born Howard Allen Frances O'Brien on October 4, 1941, in New Orleans, Louisiana, US, she is probably best known for her popular series of novels, The Vampire Chronicles, revolving around the fictional character of Lestat. Two of the books from the Vampire Chronicles have been made into successful movies, Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles in 1994, and Queen of the Damned in 2002. However, numerous other works emerged from Rice's pen. On her first day of Catholic school, Howard told the nuns her name was Anne, and it has remained Anne ever since. After she lost her mother at 14, Anne moved to Texas where she went to high school and went on to attend the Texas Women's University and later North Texas State College. Anne married her high-school darling Stan Rice in 1961. The couple lived in San Francisco, they both attended San Francisco State University there and graduated in 1964. After her graduation she got a teaching job and she also started writing. Anne first wrote the short story, Interview with the Vampire, that later would be expanded into a novel and would change her life forever. In 1966, the couple had a baby girl, Michele, who unfortunately would die of leukemia six years later. Even though Anne was grief-stricken she would continue to write, completing the novel Interview with the Vampire in 1976 and later its sequels throughout the 1980s. Her other works include The Mayfair Witch Trilogy, The Sleeping Beauty Trilogy, as well as other stand alone novels like The Feast of All Saints and Servant of the Bones, among many others. Having sold nearly 100 million copies, her books placed her among the most popular authors in recent American history. After she lost her husband Stan to brain cancer in 2002, Anne continued to write religious texts and spiritual memoirs. Nowadays, she prefers to spend more time with her son Christopher who is also a writer.
Anne Rice Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 4, 1941 (74 years old)
Writer, Novelist, Author
United States of America
A. N. Roquelaure, Anne Rampling, Anne O'Brien Rice, Howard Allen O'Brien, Rice, Anne, Howard Allen Frances O'Brien
Here's How Much Charlie Sheen Has Paid To Ex-Girlfriends And Hookers In The Last 4 yearson Nov 18, 2015
The Financial Aftermath Of Ronda Rousey's Loss Is Going To Be Insaneon Nov 18, 2015
Steph Curry Drops $3.2 Million On Beautiful Northern California Houseon Nov 26, 2015
Asia's Richest Man Is Quietly Investing Billions In Americaon Nov 28, 2015
The Five Owners Of The Five Most Expensive Private Islands On Earthon Nov 26, 2015
Derek Jeter And 50 Cent Are At The Center Of A Lawsuit Over Underwearon Nov 26, 2015
Wu-Tang Clan's One-Of-A-Kind, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin Sells For 'Millions'on Nov 28, 2015
Billionaire Roundup: Donald Sterling Gets A Verdict, Mark Cuban's Hoverboard, Robots Are Coming To Take Over Your Job, And A Billionaire Shakeupon Nov 28, 2015
This $17.5 Million Underground Bunker Will Keep You Alive During World War 3on Nov 25, 2015
Mark Cuban Pays Out $30K For Swearing At Charity Eventon Nov 28, 2015
Anne Rice Earnings
- Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles$150,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The 10 Most Expensive eBay Auctions Of All TimeeBay handles the auctions of one-of-a-kind items that can't be found anywhere else. The following are the 10 most expensive items ever sold or listed on the site.
- Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini HuracánThe Lamborghini Huracán is a luxury sports car that began production in 2014. The Huracán, which means "hurricane" in Spanish, was Lamborghini's replacement for
- How Martin Selig Escaped Nazi Germany, Reshaped The City's Skyline And Became A BillionaireFor Seattle residents, the name Martin Selig is nearly eponymous with their celebrated city skyline. However, the billionaire real estate developer is not a native. Selig escaped Nazi Germany to build a fortune in the Pacific Northwest.
- BMW Showoff Vs. Side Of Mountain. Who You Got?If you ever own a BMW and you feel like showing off your driving skills, please don't follow this guy's example...