Anne Rice Net Worth: Anne Rice is an American author of Gothic fiction, Christian literature, and erotica who has a net worth of $50 million. Anne Rice earned her net worth through her writing of gothic, mysteries, religious and other genres, with some of her books being adapted into comic books. Born Howard Allen Frances O'Brien on October 4, 1941, in New Orleans, Louisiana, US, she is probably best known for her popular series of novels, The Vampire Chronicles, revolving around the fictional character of Lestat. Two of the books from the Vampire Chronicles have been made into successful movies, Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles in 1994, and Queen of the Damned in 2002. However, numerous other works emerged from Rice's pen. On her first day of Catholic school, Howard told the nuns her name was Anne, and it has remained Anne ever since. After she lost her mother at 14, Anne moved to Texas where she went to high school and went on to attend the Texas Women's University and later North Texas State College. Anne married her high-school darling Stan Rice in 1961. The couple lived in San Francisco, they both attended San Francisco State University there and graduated in 1964. After her graduation she got a teaching job and she also started writing. Anne first wrote the short story, Interview with the Vampire, that later would be expanded into a novel and would change her life forever. In 1966, the couple had a baby girl, Michele, who unfortunately would die of leukemia six years later. Even though Anne was grief-stricken she would continue to write, completing the novel Interview with the Vampire in 1976 and later its sequels throughout the 1980s. Her other works include The Mayfair Witch Trilogy, The Sleeping Beauty Trilogy, as well as other stand alone novels like The Feast of All Saints and Servant of the Bones, among many others. Having sold nearly 100 million copies, her books placed her among the most popular authors in recent American history. After she lost her husband Stan to brain cancer in 2002, Anne continued to write religious texts and spiritual memoirs. Nowadays, she prefers to spend more time with her son Christopher who is also a writer.
Anne Rice Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 4, 1941 (74 years old)
Writer, Novelist, Author
United States of America
A. N. Roquelaure, Anne Rampling, Anne O'Brien Rice, Howard Allen O'Brien, Rice, Anne, Howard Allen Frances O'Brien
Floyd Mayweather Just Made Another Amazingly Outlandish Purchaseon Jun 23, 2016
Inside The $367M+ Luxury Jet: The Boeing 747-8 VIPon Jun 24, 2016
Maria Sharapova Is Suspended For Two Years On Doping Chargeson Jun 24, 2016
LeBron James Overshadows NBA Championship Win, With Amazing $41 Million Donationon Jun 25, 2016
Ayesha Curry Thinks The NBA Is Rigged, But It's Going To Make Her Husband More Moneyon Jun 23, 2016
Here's One Major Reason Why So Many NFL Players Go Brokeon Jun 22, 2016
Tupac Spoke About The Perils Of Capitalism And Donald Trump Back In 1992on Jun 25, 2016
Brexit Decision Sets Up MA$$IVE Win For George Soroson Jun 25, 2016
While Credit Suisse Stocks Plummeted, One Former Employee Earned Bigon Jun 24, 2016
Reclusive British Billionaire And His Hot Swedish Ex Have Reunited, 14 Years After They Divorced, With One Unusual Caveaton Jun 25, 2016
Anne Rice Earnings
- Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles$150,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- The Cavs Are Selling More Gear Than Any Other Team In NBA HistoryThe good times continue in Cleveland after the Cavaliers brought home the city's first championship in more than half a century – retailers, especially, are smiling.
- Billionaire Li Ka-Shing Urges U.K. To Remain As Brexit Vote LoomsOn Thursday, people in the United Kingdom will decide whether they want their country to remain in the European Union. Billionaire Li Ka-shing wants them to stay.
- Koch Brothers Invest Millions In State Senate RacesSuper PAC leaders David and Charles Koch aren't bothering with Trump, but they haven't pulled out of the 2016 race. Who will they support?
- Mark Cuban Donates $1M To Dallas PD To Protect LGBT CommunityAlthough he may have a reputation as a "shark," one billionaire is donating $1 million to help police and the LGBT community in Dallas, Texas, following a deadly attack at an Orlando gay club.