Anne Rice Net Worth: Anne Rice is an American author of Gothic fiction, Christian literature, and erotica who has a net worth of $50 million. Anne Rice earned her net worth through her writing of gothic, mysteries, religious and other genres, with some of her books being adapted into comic books. Born Howard Allen Frances O'Brien on October 4, 1941, in New Orleans, Louisiana, US, she is probably best known for her popular series of novels, The Vampire Chronicles, revolving around the fictional character of Lestat. Two of the books from the Vampire Chronicles have been made into successful movies, Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles in 1994, and Queen of the Damned in 2002. However, numerous other works emerged from Rice's pen. On her first day of Catholic school, Howard told the nuns her name was Anne, and it has remained Anne ever since. After she lost her mother at 14, Anne moved to Texas where she went to high school and went on to attend the Texas Women's University and later North Texas State College. Anne married her high-school darling Stan Rice in 1961. The couple lived in San Francisco, they both attended San Francisco State University there and graduated in 1964. After her graduation she got a teaching job and she also started writing. Anne first wrote the short story, Interview with the Vampire, that later would be expanded into a novel and would change her life forever. In 1966, the couple had a baby girl, Michele, who unfortunately would die of leukemia six years later. Even though Anne was grief-stricken she would continue to write, completing the novel Interview with the Vampire in 1976 and later its sequels throughout the 1980s. Her other works include The Mayfair Witch Trilogy, The Sleeping Beauty Trilogy, as well as other stand alone novels like The Feast of All Saints and Servant of the Bones, among many others. Having sold nearly 100 million copies, her books placed her among the most popular authors in recent American history. After she lost her husband Stan to brain cancer in 2002, Anne continued to write religious texts and spiritual memoirs. Nowadays, she prefers to spend more time with her son Christopher who is also a writer.
Anne Rice Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 4, 1941 (74 years old)
Writer, Novelist, Author
United States of America
A. N. Roquelaure, Anne Rampling, Anne O'Brien Rice, Howard Allen O'Brien, Rice, Anne, Howard Allen Frances O'Brien
Did Soulja Boy Really Just Sign A $400 Million Endorsement Deal? Kind of. Here's The Scoop...on May 23, 2016
Conor McGregor Wants $100 Million To Fight Floyd Mayweather... And Showtime Is Considering It!on May 23, 2016
Donald Trump May Not Be Worth $10 Billion, But He's Still Very Richon May 22, 2016
How Much Did the Clintons Make From Paid Speeches in 2015?on May 23, 2016
Marvel Studios Hits $10 Billion Box Office Milestoneon May 23, 2016
David Hasselhoff Claims He Is BROKE. His Wife Begs To Differ...on May 20, 2016
Jimmy Kimmel Renews Contract with ABC for Another Three Yearson May 21, 2016
LeBron James' Nike Deal May Be Worth More Than One BILLION Dollars!on May 20, 2016
Daniel Craig Reportedly Turned Down $100 Million To Play James Bond In One More Movieon May 20, 2016
Meet The 14-Year-Old Entrepreneur Who Turned Down $30 Million Buyout Offer For His Startupon May 19, 2016
Anne Rice Earnings
- Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles$150,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- French Billionaire To Open Tuition-Free School In Silicon Valley… You Won't Believe How He Made His Money!Xavier Niel is a French high school dropout who made his $8.1 billion fortune in technology. Now, he's bringing his unconventional software engineering school to Silicon Valley. The school, called 42, will train future computer programmers for free.
- The Billionaires Banding Together To Bid On Ailing Yahoo!Yahoo has been on shaky ground for some time. Now it appears that the pioneering Internet search engine is putting itself on the market and an unlikely pair of billionaires has teamed up to pursue a possible purchase.
- The Most Valuable Soccer Teams In The World–2016A recently released list of the world's most valuable soccer teams – as things stand right now, in 2016 – clearly demonstrates beyond any doubt that soccer is seriously big business.
- Saudi Arabia Is Holding a Massive Amount of U.S. DebtSaudi Arabia is one of the largest foreign holders of U.S. Treasury securities in the world. What threat does the OPEC leader and possible terrorism sponsor pose to the American economy?