Anne Rice Net Worth: Anne Rice is an American author of Gothic fiction, Christian literature, and erotica who has a net worth of $50 million. Anne Rice earned her net worth through her writing of gothic, mysteries, religious and other genres, with some of her books being adapted into comic books. Born Howard Allen Frances O'Brien on October 4, 1941, in New Orleans, Louisiana, US, she is probably best known for her popular series of novels, The Vampire Chronicles, revolving around the fictional character of Lestat. Two of the books from the Vampire Chronicles have been made into successful movies, Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles in 1994, and Queen of the Damned in 2002. However, numerous other works emerged from Rice's pen. On her first day of Catholic school, Howard told the nuns her name was Anne, and it has remained Anne ever since. After she lost her mother at 14, Anne moved to Texas where she went to high school and went on to attend the Texas Women's University and later North Texas State College. Anne married her high-school darling Stan Rice in 1961. The couple lived in San Francisco, they both attended San Francisco State University there and graduated in 1964. After her graduation she got a teaching job and she also started writing. Anne first wrote the short story, Interview with the Vampire, that later would be expanded into a novel and would change her life forever. In 1966, the couple had a baby girl, Michele, who unfortunately would die of leukemia six years later. Even though Anne was grief-stricken she would continue to write, completing the novel Interview with the Vampire in 1976 and later its sequels throughout the 1980s. Her other works include The Mayfair Witch Trilogy, The Sleeping Beauty Trilogy, as well as other stand alone novels like The Feast of All Saints and Servant of the Bones, among many others. Having sold nearly 100 million copies, her books placed her among the most popular authors in recent American history. After she lost her husband Stan to brain cancer in 2002, Anne continued to write religious texts and spiritual memoirs. Nowadays, she prefers to spend more time with her son Christopher who is also a writer.
Anne Rice Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Oct 4, 1941
Writer, Novelist, Author
United States of America
A. N. Roquelaure, Anne Rampling, Anne O'Brien Rice, Howard Allen O'Brien, Rice, Anne, Howard Allen Frances O'Brien
Bono Did Not Make $1.5 Billion Off Facebook. Let's Clear This Rumor Up Right Now...on Sep 1, 2015
5 Little Known Facts About The Rothschild Familyon Sep 1, 2015
Highest Paid TV Actors And Actresses Of 2015on Aug 31, 2015
Trick Daddy Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcyon Sep 1, 2015
Jerry Seinfeld Turned Down Huge, Unprecedented NBC Offer For 10th Seasonon Aug 31, 2015
Does Ronda Rousey Really Make More Than Floyd Mayweather Per Second?on Aug 31, 2015
'Minecraft' Creator Claims Becoming A Billionaire Made Him Feel "Isolated"on Aug 31, 2015
Which Celebrity Has The Most Valuable Twitter Account?on Aug 30, 2015
Alex Rodriguez Is Being Sued For $100 Million – By A Family Memberon Sep 1, 2015
Love, Marriage And A New $13.9 Million Mansion For Tracy Morganon Aug 30, 2015
Anne Rice Earnings
- Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles$150,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Julio Jones Latest Wide Receiver To Sign Big Money DealThe off-season of the wide receiver continued with Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones signing a $71.25 million contract extension, with $47.5 million guaranteed.
- Clippers Owner Steve Ballmer Turns Down $60 million/Year TV Deal – And He's Not Crazy!Steve Ballmer turned the NBA on its head when he bought the Clippers for a record-setting $2 billion. He may be doing so again after turning down a $60 million/season television deal.
- Trent Williams Just Became The Highest-Paid Tackle In NFL History… How Much Will He Make?It's a good day for Trent Williams, who just signed a record-breaking contract to remain with Washington. Just how much will he earn?
- Daniel Ek Set Out To Disrupt The Music Industry... So He Created Spotify And Made $400 MillionSpotify's Daniel Ek has built a way to make music available to listeners for free without piracy issues, while at the same time offering a sustainable revenue model to musicians and investors. Here is how he did it...