Anderson Cooper net worth and salary: Anderson Cooper is an American television personality, journalist and author who has a net worth of $100 million dollars. Anderson Cooper's annual CNN salary is $11 million. Cooper is currently the host of CNN's news show Anderson Cooper 360. He is the son of heiress Gloria Vanderbilt, and the great-great-great-grandson of shipping and railroad magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt. Prior to becoming a news anchor, Cooper was a model for Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, and Macy's. He went to Yale University where he studied Political Science and International Relations. During college, Cooper spent his summers as an intern at the CIA. Tragedy stuck when his father died suddenly in 1978. 10 years later, his older brother committed suicide. This event spurred his interest in journalism. After Anderson graduated from Yale University, he lived in Vietnam for a year, studying the Vietnamese language at the University of Hanoi. He then worked as a fact checker for the news agency Channel One, and periodically sold his home-made news segments to the channel. Cooper filmed reports of Vietnamese life and culture, and eventually moved on to Bosnia, Somalia, and Rwanda that aired on Channel One. Cooper became a correspondent for ABC News in 1995 then co-anchor on ABC's World News Now program on September 21, 1999. In 2000 Cooper decided he needed a change from the hectic news schedule and became host of The Mole for two seasons before returning to broadcasting. In 2001, Anderson Cooper joined CNN, anchoring alongside Paula Zahn on American Morning. In 2002 he became CNN's weekend prime-time anchor. His own show, Anderson Cooper 360, begain in 2003.
Anderson Cooper Net Worth
Date of Birth
Jun 3, 1967 (48 years old)
Model, Journalist, Author, Film Producer, Presenter, Television producer
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
Anderson Hays Cooper, Andy, Coop
Now That Kobe Bryant Has Retired, How Is He Going To Spend His Money?on May 3, 2016
MASSIVE Payday May Bring Floyd Mayweather Out Of Retirementon May 2, 2016
An Insanely Rich Doctor You've Never Heard Of Made $150 Million Last Yearon May 3, 2016
Penny Hardaway Is Absolutely Crushing His "Retirement" Yearson Apr 29, 2016
The Strange Solitary World Of $140 Million Celtic Singer Enyaon May 3, 2016
UFC Owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta Are About To Make Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollarson Apr 29, 2016
The Top 10 College Majors Of Billionaireson May 2, 2016
Saudi Arabia's $2 Trillion Push to End Oil Dependencyon May 2, 2016
Prince's Family Heads To Court Over $300 Million Net Worthon May 2, 2016
These Are The World's 10 Wealthiest Real Estate Tycoonson May 1, 2016
Anderson Cooper Earnings
- Anderson Cooper 360°$10,000,000/year
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- The Billionaire Developer Who Changed The Way Southern Californians ShopThe shopping mall concept in Southern California has evolved into an outdoor entertainment destination that is equal parts Rodeo Drive and Disneyland. The man behind this movement is billionaire real estate developer Rick Caruso. The shopping centers Caruso builds are mixed-use, open-air shopping centers that recall an idyllic town square.
- Led Zeppelin Headed To Trial Over Stairway To Heaven Plagiarism AccusationsLegendary rock band Led Zeppelin lost its latest bid to prevent a trial over allegations it plagiarized its iconic Stairway to Heaven song. A judge recently ruled that there was enough evidence to bring the lawsuit to trial.
- Chobani Founder Does It Again: Employee Stock Deal Could Make Some Of Them Millions!Hamdi Ulukaya, the founder of Chobani Yogurt has gone and proven once again what an amazing human being he is. He's giving his 2,000 full-time employees a stake in his company that could make some of them millionaires.
- Billionaire Roundup: Shenanigans, Bamboozling, And Other Problems Of The 1%As the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign marches on, more and more bizarre things keep happening. Billionaire George Soros has been analyzing China's economy and he notices a troubling pattern, and remember when Sheldon Adelson bought the Las Vegas Review Journal and people started freaking out? Well now one respected columnist has a real reason to worry.