Anderson Cooper net worth and salary: Anderson Cooper is an American television personality, journalist and author who has a net worth of $100 million dollars. Anderson Cooper's annual CNN salary is $11 million. Cooper is currently the host of CNN's news show Anderson Cooper 360. He is the son of heiress Gloria Vanderbilt, and the great-great-great-grandson of shipping and railroad magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt. Prior to becoming a news anchor, Cooper was a model for Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, and Macy's. He went to Yale University where he studied Political Science and International Relations. During college, Cooper spent his summers as an intern at the CIA. Tragedy stuck when his father died suddenly in 1978. 10 years later, his older brother committed suicide. This event spurred his interest in journalism. After Anderson graduated from Yale University, he lived in Vietnam for a year, studying the Vietnamese language at the University of Hanoi. He then worked as a fact checker for the news agency Channel One, and periodically sold his home-made news segments to the channel. Cooper filmed reports of Vietnamese life and culture, and eventually moved on to Bosnia, Somalia, and Rwanda that aired on Channel One. Cooper became a correspondent for ABC News in 1995 then co-anchor on ABC's World News Now program on September 21, 1999. In 2000 Cooper decided he needed a change from the hectic news schedule and became host of The Mole for two seasons before returning to broadcasting. In 2001, Anderson Cooper joined CNN, anchoring alongside Paula Zahn on American Morning. In 2002 he became CNN's weekend prime-time anchor. His own show, Anderson Cooper 360, begain in 2003.
Anderson Cooper Net Worth
Date of Birth
Jun 3, 1967 (48 years old)
Model, Journalist, Author, Film Producer, Presenter, Television producer
United States of America
5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
Anderson Hays Cooper, Andy, Coop
Inside Barack And Michelle Obama's New $5.3M Post-Presidential Mansionon May 27, 2016
Johnny Depp Doesn't Want to Give Amber Heard a Dime Of His $400 Million Net Worthon May 27, 2016
New Panama Papers Leak Revels Billionaire George Soros's Link To Weapons And Intelligence Dealingson May 28, 2016
Malaysian Teen Spends Her Accidental Fortune on Designer Clothes and Accessorieson May 28, 2016
Kim Kardashian's Stylist Makes An Insane Amount Of Money Every Yearon May 27, 2016
Billionaire Investor Peter Thiel Admits to Funding Hulk Hogan's Suit Against Gawkeron May 28, 2016
The Richest Person In America's 50 Largest Citieson May 29, 2016
Meet John Catsimatidis: Billionaire Grocery Store Mogul Who Is Making A Play For North American Oil Independenceon May 28, 2016
How Did 27 Giant Companies Make Billions in Profits Without Paying ANY Income Taxes?on May 29, 2016
Kylie Jenner Buys A $6M House: A Peek Inside the A-List Fantasyon May 25, 2016
Anderson Cooper Earnings
- Anderson Cooper 360°$10,000,000/year
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
Did we make a mistake?
Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it!Submit a Correction
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
- Nick Denton May Be Forced To Sell Gawker To Pay Legal JudgmentsThere are rumors Nick Denton will sell Gawker Media to raise funds for his appeal against Hulk Hogan. But who is the unnamed buyer and how can they purchase the company so cheaply?
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Takes Home an Extra $14 MillionYahoo's CEO Marissa Mayer is currently seeing the company she runs continue on its steady decline. But that didn't stop her from taking home an extra $14 million on top of her $1 million salary.
- Phil Mickelson Shoots Even Par in Insider Trading CasePhil Mickelson narrowly escaped criminal charges from insider trading allegations made by the SEC, but still owes over $1 million in fines.
- Mark Cuban Says He's Open To Becoming Hillary Clinton's–Or Donald Trump's–Running Mate!Mark Cuban is surprisingly open to the idea of running for vice-president ... for either Trump or Clinton.