Sidney Poitier net worth: Sidney Poitier is an American-born Bahamian actor, film director, author, and diplomat who has a net worth of $25 million. In a white man era when his fellow black actors and actresses made an impact, Sidney Poitier was the man to break the color barrier turning his screen presence into a culture-changing force. On his second attempt to enter the theater, he was accepted and earned a Broadway debut role in 1946 in an all-black production of Lysistrata. Four years later he moved into films with No Way Out, his very first film that enhanced a chain of events that freed his native Bahamas of British colonial rule. Poitier's performance as Dr. Luther Brooks, a doctor treating a bigot put him in the spotlight and led to more prominent and even award-worthy roles. Soon Poitier became the first black person ever to win an Academy Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Homer Smith in 1963's production of the movie Lilies of the Field. Since, he earned more major parts including in three successful 1967 films: To Sir, with Love, In the Heat of the Night, and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. Apart from acting, Poitier has also directed several popular flicks like A Piece of the Action, Uptown Saturday Night, Let's Do It Again and Stir Crazy. But as he phased himself out of the movie industry, Poitier's worldwide prestige allowed his native Bahamas to call on him to take on the brand new role of diplomat and representative to the United Nations. Ever since 1997, he has served as the Bahamian ambassador to Japan, while in 2009, he was presented with the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama.
Sidney Poitier Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Feb 20, 1927
Actor, Diplomat, Writer, Film director, Author, Film Producer
United States of America
6 ft 2 in (1.892 m)
Sidney L. Poitier, Sir Sidney Poitier, Sir Sidney Poitier, KBE
After Earning $100 Million In The NBA, Vin Baker Has Lost His Entire Fortune And Is Now Working At Starbucks...on Jul 29, 2015
Real Estate Tycoon Leaves $20 Million To Daughters, But There's A Catch! Actually Several Catches...on Jul 31, 2015
NBA Rookie Makes Big Gamble On Himself... Ends Up With Huge Paydayon Jul 31, 2015
Top 10 Most Expensive Stadiums In The Worldon Jul 31, 2015
The Incredible Story Of How Young Jeezy Ended Up Bringing $2 Million In Cash To A Photoshooton Jul 29, 2015
Forget Winning A Tour Of A Chocolate Factory. This $1500 Golden Ticket Could Eventually Be Worth BILLIONS...on Jul 30, 2015
Amazing Car Of The Day: The Lamborghini Aventadoron Jul 31, 2015
Seattle Seahawks Sign Russell Wilson To A Massive 4-Year $87.6 Million Revolutionary Dealon Jul 31, 2015
Fly The Friendly And Luxurious Skies Around The World In The Four Seasons' New Private Jeton Jul 31, 2015
Miracle On Ice Goalie Selling Memorabilia From Iconic Game For $5.7 Millionon Jul 31, 2015
Sidney Poitier Earnings
Click to Expand
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner$200,000and % of the gross profits
- In the Heat of the Night$200,00020% of the gross profits
- Porgy and Bess$75,000
- No Way Out$3,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- In 1987, Junk Bond King Michael Milken Earned $550 Million. Two Years Later He Was In Jail. This Is His Crazy Life Story...Before Martha Stewart and Jordan Belfort made headlines, there was "junk bond king" Michael Milken. This is his insane story...
- DraftKings Just Raised $300 Million. Here's How It Will Change The Way You Watch SportsDraftKings helped the daily fantasy sports concept become a multibillion-dollar industry. Two recent moves will take daily fantasy sports to an even higher level.
- 10 Billionaires And Millionaires Who Became PoliticiansThe 10 billionaires and millionaires on this list had business success and financial success, yet they still wanted more. They wanted to influence their country. Many want – or wanted – to run their country.
- What Is New England Patriots QB Tom Brady Still Fighting For?NFL commissioner Roger Goodell decided to uphold Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his role in the whole Deflate-Gate mess. So what does it all mean and what happens next...