Sidney Poitier net worth: Sidney Poitier is an American-born Bahamian actor, film director, author, and diplomat who has a net worth of $25 million. In a white man era when his fellow black actors and actresses made an impact, Sidney Poitier was the man to break the color barrier turning his screen presence into a culture-changing force. On his second attempt to enter the theater, he was accepted and earned a Broadway debut role in 1946 in an all-black production of Lysistrata. Four years later he moved into films with No Way Out, his very first film that enhanced a chain of events that freed his native Bahamas of British colonial rule. Poitier's performance as Dr. Luther Brooks, a doctor treating a bigot put him in the spotlight and led to more prominent and even award-worthy roles. Soon Poitier became the first black person ever to win an Academy Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Homer Smith in 1963's production of the movie Lilies of the Field. Since, he earned more major parts including in three successful 1967 films: To Sir, with Love, In the Heat of the Night, and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. Apart from acting, Poitier has also directed several popular flicks like A Piece of the Action, Uptown Saturday Night, Let's Do It Again and Stir Crazy. But as he phased himself out of the movie industry, Poitier's worldwide prestige allowed his native Bahamas to call on him to take on the brand new role of diplomat and representative to the United Nations. Ever since 1997, he has served as the Bahamian ambassador to Japan, while in 2009, he was presented with the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama.
Sidney Poitier Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Feb 20, 1927
Actor, Diplomat, Writer, Film director, Author, Film Producer
United States of America
6 ft 2 in (1.892 m)
Sidney L. Poitier, Sir Sidney Poitier, Sir Sidney Poitier, KBE
Imagine Making $900,000 Every DAY You Went To Work. That's Judge Judy's Real Life...on Sep 3, 2015
The Most Expensive Mansion For Sale In America Just Got $46 Million Cheaperon Sep 4, 2015
How Much Has Adam Sandler Made From His Major Film Roles?on Sep 4, 2015
The 11 Most Expensive Celebrity Divorces Of All Timeon Sep 4, 2015
Kanye West Just Made A Crazy Promise To Everyone Who Votes For Him For President In 2020on Sep 2, 2015
Top Ten Alleged Match-Fixing/Bribery Scandals In Sportson Sep 4, 2015
This Week In Celebrity Car News (August 26 – September 2)on Sep 3, 2015
Remember The O.C.? You Can Buy The Cohen Family's Newport Beach Mansion For $6.5 Millionon Sep 2, 2015
Eddie Murphy's Top 7 Highest Acting Paycheckson Sep 2, 2015
Getting Rid Of Roger Goodell Is Going To Be Really Expensive...on Sep 3, 2015
Sidney Poitier Earnings
Click to Expand
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner$200,000and % of the gross profits
- In the Heat of the Night$200,00020% of the gross profits
- Porgy and Bess$75,000
- No Way Out$3,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Top 10 Highest Paid NBA Players Who Have Yet To Make It To The FinalsTalented players tend to make the most money in the NBA, but there is one thing that they don't always do – make the NBA Finals.
- 10 Of The Most Expensive Movie StuntsCGI is cheaper, but the experience of watching real stunts on screen is priceless – which is probably why they're so expensive!
- Babe Ruth's Former 2BR NYC Apartment On The Market For $1.6 MillionThe owner of an apartment that the legendary Babe Ruth once lived in is hoping a Yankees fan with $1.6 million burning a hole in his pocket will be willing to spend it so he can live where the Great Bambino once did.
- Gambler's Corner – Everything You Need To Know For This Week In Sports BettingCollege football is finally back! With games starting on Thursday and running through Monday, fans will have more than their fill of action. If they want to get in on the action there are a number of interesting spreads.