Sidney Poitier net worth: Sidney Poitier is an American-born Bahamian actor, film director, author, and diplomat who has a net worth of $25 million. In a white man era when his fellow black actors and actresses made an impact, Sidney Poitier was the man to break the color barrier turning his screen presence into a culture-changing force. On his second attempt to enter the theater, he was accepted and earned a Broadway debut role in 1946 in an all-black production of Lysistrata. Four years later he moved into films with No Way Out, his very first film that enhanced a chain of events that freed his native Bahamas of British colonial rule. Poitier's performance as Dr. Luther Brooks, a doctor treating a bigot put him in the spotlight and led to more prominent and even award-worthy roles. Soon Poitier became the first black person ever to win an Academy Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Homer Smith in 1963's production of the movie Lilies of the Field. Since, he earned more major parts including in three successful 1967 films: To Sir, with Love, In the Heat of the Night, and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. Apart from acting, Poitier has also directed several popular flicks like A Piece of the Action, Uptown Saturday Night, Let's Do It Again and Stir Crazy. But as he phased himself out of the movie industry, Poitier's worldwide prestige allowed his native Bahamas to call on him to take on the brand new role of diplomat and representative to the United Nations. Ever since 1997, he has served as the Bahamian ambassador to Japan, while in 2009, he was presented with the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama.
Sidney Poitier Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Date of Birth
Feb 20, 1927
Actor, Diplomat, Writer, Film director, Author, Film Producer
United States of America
6 ft 2 in (1.892 m)
Sidney L. Poitier, Sir Sidney Poitier, Sir Sidney Poitier, KBE
5 Reality Show Concepts That Failed Horriblyon Aug 30, 2015
How Much Money Has Will Smith Made From His Films... So Far?on Aug 26, 2015
Love, Marriage and a New $13.9 Million Mansion for Tracy Morganon Aug 30, 2015
50 Cent Agrees To Re-List Connecticut Mansion As Part Of Bankruptcy Filingon Aug 27, 2015
The Real Life Story Behind N.W.A. Manager Jerry Helleron Aug 28, 2015
The Fascinating Ups And Downs Behind The Multi-Million Dollar "Happy Birthday" Royalty Waron Aug 30, 2015
Mind-Boggling Beverly Hills Estate Hits The Market For $135 Millionon Aug 27, 2015
How Jamie Siminoff Turned 'Shark Tank' Loss Into A $28 Million Winon Aug 28, 2015
Which Celebrity Has The Most Valuable Twitter Account?on Aug 30, 2015
A Subway Franchisee Claims Subway Knew About Jared Fogle's Interest In Kids For Years, But Did Nothing About Iton Aug 28, 2015
Sidney Poitier Earnings
Click to Expand
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner$200,000and % of the gross profits
- In the Heat of the Night$200,00020% of the gross profits
- Porgy and Bess$75,000
- No Way Out$3,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Top 5 Most Costly Natural Disasters In HistoryNatural disasters are uncontrollable and capable of causing astronomical damages. Check out the top 5 most costly disasters of all time!
- $390 Million Worth Of Deals Were Just Transacted At Monterey Car WeekDuring the course of this dream week for car collectors a total of $390 million changed hands including cars that sold for over $16 million.
- Music Executives Love Taylor Swift, Hate Rap Music, And Think Tidal Will FailSome interesting revelations were made in an anonymous survey where roughly 50 music executives were asked their opinions on various topics.
- China's Richest Man Just Lost $3.6 Billion In One DayThe new richest person in China, Wang Jianlin, just lost $3.6 billion in one day, but it may not hurt him too much in the long run.