Sidney Poitier net worth: Sidney Poitier is an American-born Bahamian actor, film director, author, and diplomat who has a net worth of $25 million. In a white man era when his fellow black actors and actresses made an impact, Sidney Poitier was the man to break the color barrier turning his screen presence into a culture-changing force. On his second attempt to enter the theater, he was accepted and earned a Broadway debut role in 1946 in an all-black production of Lysistrata. Four years later he moved into films with No Way Out, his very first film that enhanced a chain of events that freed his native Bahamas of British colonial rule. Poitier's performance as Dr. Luther Brooks, a doctor treating a bigot put him in the spotlight and led to more prominent and even award-worthy roles. Soon Poitier became the first black person ever to win an Academy Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Homer Smith in 1963's production of the movie Lilies of the Field. Since, he earned more major parts including in three successful 1967 films: To Sir, with Love, In the Heat of the Night, and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. Apart from acting, Poitier has also directed several popular flicks like A Piece of the Action, Uptown Saturday Night, Let's Do It Again and Stir Crazy. But as he phased himself out of the movie industry, Poitier's worldwide prestige allowed his native Bahamas to call on him to take on the brand new role of diplomat and representative to the United Nations. Ever since 1997, he has served as the Bahamian ambassador to Japan, while in 2009, he was presented with the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama.
Sidney Poitier Net Worth
Have something to add to this net worth? Share it by adding comments below.
Sidney L. Poitier, Sir Sidney Poitier, Sir Sidney Poitier, KBE
Actor, Diplomat, Writer, Film director, Author, Film Producer
Date of Birth
United States of America
6 ft 2 in (1.892 m)
When Bobby Bonilla Wakes Up Tomorrow, He'll Be $1.2 Million Richer...on Jun 30, 2015
Want To Know How Much Jeb Bush Made Every Year For The Last 33 Years??? Hint! - It's A Lot.on Jul 1, 2015
Taylor Swift Just Brought A $730 Billion Company To Its Knees With One Blog Poston Jun 22, 2015
Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! So...Was Bobby's Contract Brilliant Or Horrendously Stupid?on Jul 1, 2015
Long Before Bobby Bonilla's 25 Year Gravy Train, This Random NFL Player Negotiated An Equally Unique And Lucrative Deal...on Jul 1, 2015
Billionaire Offers $250,000 To Anyone Who Streaks In Front Of Chicago Mayer Rahm Emmanuelon Jul 1, 2015
Tiger Woods' Horrible Playing Is Ruining Retail Sales Nationwideon Jul 1, 2015
Once Valued At $2 Billion, Martha Stewart Just Sold Her Empire For $353 Million, Still An Amazing Life Storyon Jun 24, 2015
How Does The New Batmobile Compare To Previous Versions?on Jul 1, 2015
One Of A Kind Maserati Could Sell For $4 Millionon Jun 24, 2015
Sidney Poitier Earnings
Click to Expand
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner$200,000and % of the gross profits
- In the Heat of the Night$200,00020% of the gross profits
- Porgy and Bess$75,000
- No Way Out$3,000
All net worths are calculated by applying a proprietary algorithm. The results are then fact checked and confirmed by a team of editors. We scan all publicly available data and resources and work diligently to ensure that our numbers are the most accurate and up to date net worth data you will find anywhere on the internet.
- Long Before Bobby Bonilla's 25 Year Gravy Train, This Random NFL Player Negotiated An Equally Unique And Lucrative Deal...Long before there was a "Bobby Bonilla Day" there was a random NFL player who scored an equally interesting sports contract that can only end upon his death.
- Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! So...Was Bobby's Contract Brilliant Or Horrendously Stupid?As you probably know, today is international Bobby Bonilla day. So, was Bobby's decision to take an annuity instead of lump sum actually that brilliant?
- Want To Know How Much Jeb Bush Made Every Year For The Last 33 Years??? Hint! - It's A Lot.Apparently Republic Presidential candidate Jeb Bush has nothing to hide when it comes to his personal finances, because he just released 33 years worth of tax returns. And I went through them all :)
- How Does The New Batmobile Compare To Previous Versions?Now that the new Batmobile has been introduced, how does it stack up against the Batmobiles of the past?